finding activities for cruise with older family members

Ellefe

I (in my 30's) have been on 4 cruises with my parents, but have always had my sister or teenage neice and nephew along. In December I am sailing on Carnival Elation to Progreso & Cozumel with only my Mom, Dad, and an Aunt (ages 62-80). any advice on shore excursions/activities at those ports that would interest an older crowd without exhausting them, while not boring me? I want them to be able to be in shade and be able to sit a bit. I was thinking Autoprogreso's flamingo/Xcampo trip because it is only 2 1/2 hrs and will allow time for some to head back to the ship while my mom & I may stick around to wander a little longer.

Thanks for any ideas! :confused:

There are private tour operators in Cozumel that will just take you several places on the island. We did that once- they were just gathering people at/near the taxi area. I said why not, so we went & really had an easy relaxing van ride. I believe it was run by Island Marketing.

I have never been to progresso, so not sure on that one. Try the ports of call board- you may get some good responses there.

Good luck & have a great cruise.

I agree about the island tour in Coz. We have done several different ones there... I definitely wouldn't suggest the speed boat excursion:eek:.

In Progresso we went to a resort. It was a nice bus ride out and we saw some of the area that way. The resort was nice... not great but nice. Oh... and a friend of mine always goes to Paradise beach in Cozumel. There is a restaurant there, a pool and the beach. (She's about 27 so you should not be bored)

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I agree....my mom is 79, and can do anything I can do....some things (like tennis!) she does better!

Age really isn't much of a factor as health.....ask them what they want to do....better yet, let them plan their own days!

Archived