Ecstasy vs. Elation

I have cruised on the Ecstasy (4 times) and the Elation (1 time)! I really enjoyed both ships, but was wondering which one you prefer?

If you want to have a look at the ships...

My Carnival Ecstasy Video:

(2011)

My Carnival Elation Video:

(2012)

Enjoy the videos and please let me know which of the ships you like more.

Also, if you have any questions about either ship please ask!!

I am cruising on the Ecstasy in April - this will be my first cruise ever. We are cruising on the Rivera deck - from the diagram that looks to be the bottom deck :o.

does the serinty deck have its own pool or is it just seculded? any input(hidden gems) about this boat would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Sailing on the Elation in 10 days!!! We have been on the Ecstasy 4, maybe 5 times (cant remember) but never the Elation. I know they are similar but I still enjoyed watching your video. We are on the Empress deck which we have never been on before. It is the deck you enter the ship on so hoping its convienent.

I was wondering if you ever saw fresh pineapple on the fruit bar? Some ships seem to have it and others dont. In April the Triumph had it in the MDR but not the buffet. Just curious since I like to eat alot of fruit to keep from eating too much chocolate! :o

I am cruising on the Ecstasy in April - this will be my first cruise ever. We are cruising on the Rivera deck - from the diagram that looks to be the bottom deck :o.

does the serinty deck have its own pool or is it just seculded? any input(hidden gems) about this boat would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Being on the Riveria deck is not bad. It is just a long walk to get to the Lido! :)

I have never used the Serienity Deck because I usually do the inside activities (such as trivia, scavenger hunts, and bingo). I only do the pool/waterslide for maybe an hour total in the entire cruise and don't even use a deck chair.

Sailing on the Elation in 10 days!!! We have been on the Ecstasy 4, maybe 5 times (cant remember) but never the Elation. I know they are similar but I still enjoyed watching your video. We are on the Empress deck which we have never been on before. It is the deck you enter the ship on so hoping its convienent.

I was wondering if you ever saw fresh pineapple on the fruit bar? Some ships seem to have it and others dont. In April the Triumph had it in the MDR but not the buffet. Just curious since I like to eat alot of fruit to keep from eating too much chocolate! :o

In the Lido Dining Buffet there is a salad bar during lunch and a small selection of fruit. At breakfast you will find many different kinds of fruit in the buffet. Breakfast is the better time to have fruit!

These are actually the ONLY two ships I have been on to date!! Our first was on the Ecstasy last October so it holds a very special place in my heart.

We were on the Elation in April and I enjoyed it just as much. The Elation does not have the Waterworks, so if that is your thing, the Ectasy wins.

They Ecstasy was was more colorful and "bright", seemed to have more mirrors around, while the Elation was more toned down and earthy. the only thing that bothered me on the Elation was the scallops on all the posts everywhere. Just seemed to crowd me more... but I am a big guy.

Overall, they are really equal in my opinion, and I would not hesitate to go on either again. However, I would like to cruise on some of the other Fantasy-class ships to see how the decor compares.

These are actually the ONLY two ships I have been on to date!! Our first was on the Ecstasy last October so it holds a very special place in my heart.

We were on the Elation in April and I enjoyed it just as much. The Elation does not have the Waterworks, so if that is your thing, the Ectasy wins.

They Ecstasy was was more colorful and "bright", seemed to have more mirrors around, while the Elation was more toned down and earthy. the only thing that bothered me on the Elation was the scallops on all the posts everywhere. Just seemed to crowd me more... but I am a big guy.

Overall, they are really equal in my opinion, and I would not hesitate to go on either again. However, I would like to cruise on some of the other Fantasy-class ships to see how the decor compares.

To me the biggest difference is they hung balconys on the outside of the hull of Ecstasy.

Elation has no balcony category, only suites.

Ecstasy as you say got waterworks.

elation will get 2.0 upgrade instead.

Elation is much newer and prettier to me (about 7 or 8 years newer, so quite a bit).. Ecstasy has the most awful blue rubber floors in the bathrooms.

I was on the Elation in March 2011 and I had a blast. I really enjoyed it because it seemed like I was never lost. It was a very easy ship to navigate your way around.

I enjoy the Fantasy class ships. I am doing a back-to-back on the Ecstasy and Sensation in December.

From everything that I have heard the Fantasy class ships all have similar layouts so I am expecting the Ecstasy to be similiar to the Elation

I was on the Elation in March 2011 and I had a blast. I really enjoyed it because it seemed like I was never lost. It was a very easy ship to navigate your way around.

I enjoy the Fantasy class ships. I am doing a back-to-back on the Ecstasy and Sensation in December.

From everything that I have heard the Fantasy class ships all have similar layouts so I am expecting the Ecstasy to be similiar to the Elation

The Ecstasy has the Waterworks and Resort Style Pool!

I think you will enjoy the Ecstasy.

The Elation has a much better lido. The dessert station had better quality desserts.

We will be on the Ecstasy in just 10 days :) We are excited that they relocated to Port Canaveral; gives us a different option for a quick getaway!

How was the pool area; I assume it is similar to the Inspiration, Sensation and Imagination? I am a morning person, so I'll be up by the pool around 5:30 reading my book and relaxing - we usually hang out there until about 2:30.

Does this ship have the fish and chips?

We will be on the Ecstasy in just 10 days :) We are excited that they relocated to Port Canaveral; gives us a different option for a quick getaway!

How was the pool area; I assume it is similar to the Inspiration, Sensation and Imagination? I am a morning person, so I'll be up by the pool around 5:30 reading my book and relaxing - we usually hang out there until about 2:30.

Does this ship have the fish and chips?

The Ecstasy is a great ship! I cruised on it 4 times from Galveston before and after drydock.

The Pool Area is tropical themed and called the Resort Style Pool. In this area you will find hottub, main pool, towel station, and two bars. On the Verandah Deck is the Waterworks Waterslides and on the promenade aft (behind the Starlight Lounge - aft lounge) is the adult only retreat.

The ship does not have the fish and chips. However, it does have the Mongolian Wok and Omelet Station.

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions!

The Ecstasy is a great ship! I cruised on it 4 times from Galveston before and after drydock.

The Pool Area is tropical themed and called the Resort Style Pool. In this area you will find hottub, main pool, towel station, and two bars. On the Verandah Deck is the Waterworks Waterslides and on the promenade aft (behind the Starlight Lounge - aft lounge) is the adult only retreat.

The ship does not have the fish and chips. However, it does have the Mongolian Wok and Omelet Station.

Hope this helps and please feel free to ask more questions!

Thanks for the info - I love Mongolian, could have it every day :)

I wish the Serenity area had the pool like on the Miracle - otherwise its just too hot back there.

We were excited to have a different ship to sail .....thanks for letting us have the Ecstasy :)

Do you have any idea which dining room they use for the late seating.....

Thanks for the info - I love Mongolian, could have it every day :)

I wish the Serenity area had the pool like on the Miracle - otherwise its just too hot back there.

We were excited to have a different ship to sail .....thanks for letting us have the Ecstasy :)

Do you have any idea which dining room they use for the late seating.....

I wish the Ecstasy did'nt have to go. It was the ship I took my first cruise on.

Late seating is in the Wind Song (aft dining room) or in the center area of the Wind Star. YourTime dining usually takes up the most of the Wind Star (mid dining). That is how it was when I went on it in 2011. I could be wrong about it being in the Wind Star, but for sure it is the Wind Song.

Feel free to ask more questions!

I wish the Ecstasy did'nt have to go. It was the ship I took my first cruise on.

Late seating is in the Wind Song (aft dining room) or in the center area of the Wind Star. YourTime dining usually takes up the most of the Wind Star (mid dining). That is how it was when I went on it in 2011. I could be wrong about it being in the Wind Star, but for sure it is the Wind Song.

Feel free to ask more questions!

Thanks so much for the response........and for sharing the Ecstasy :D

Been on both ships a couple times both are VERY good ships but I would have to lean toward the Ecstasy because of the refurbishment she got and Elation did not get all of it but both are really good ships.

??? elation and paradise were on the west coast and did not get ANY of it..

Both are the only two ships scheduled to get 2.0 as a result.

Yes it did I was just on it 2 months ago it got the serinity deck which was part of the Evolutions of Fun program.

Hopefully they will use Funship 2.0 to "make it up" to the Elation and Paradise for not giving them the drydock.

It would be nice if they would put the waterslide and tropical pool onboard the ships while they are recieving Funship 2.0!

Hopefully they will use Funship 2.0 to "make it up" to the Elation and Paradise for not giving them the drydock.

It would be nice if they would put the waterslide and tropical pool onboard the ships while they are recieving Funship 2.0!

Sounds like they will just get 2.0 to me.. I just hope it includes guys burgers.

Many are just getting a bunch of new bars with the 2.0 upgrade. :(

Archived