Where to put Pack N Play in Carnival Legend cabin?

rubygigi

We will be on the Carnival legend next month with our 14 month old son. We are planning on bringing our own Pack N Play and we'll be in an interior cabin. We figured that we'll have to go to bed early since he'll be sleeping in the same room as us and he goes to sleep around 8pm. However, after looking at some reviews of the Legend and seeing some pics of the bathroom, it *looks like* there may be space to fit the PnP in the shower area in the bathroom. Have any of you done this before or have any of you been in one of these cabins and know if it might fit? We could put the PnP in there at night and hook up his video monitor to keep an eye on him. That way we could talk/watch TV/whatever in the rest of the cabin while he sleeps. Thanks so much!

It must be a tiny pack n play.. I cant hardly bend over to shave my legs in those little showers. I can reach from the shower to the counter in the bathroom if I forget to bring something into the shower.

I have not seen a pack n play that small .. for infants they have smaller ones?

If its that small Id put it near my bed.

The pictures you are looking at must've been taken with a fisheye lens. The bathrooms are quite small even the suite bathrooms are not very big. I don't see a P&P fitting in one. Depending on which inside cabin you book it may fit in the room itself. You may have to leave it at home and improvise a play area for your child or were you planning to let the child sleep in it?

I asked a question similar to this last week and had a couple of people tell me that they were able to get the crib that Carnival provides in the shower, but nobody mentioned getting the pack 'n play in there. We are taking our son who will be 14mo on the Fascination in November. Please do a review or at least post how things work out with your sleeping arrangements when you come back. It's hard to find any info or advice on sleeping in a room with a toddler.

I asked a question similar to this last week and had a couple of people tell me that they were able to get the crib that Carnival provides in the shower, but nobody mentioned getting the pack 'n play in there. We are taking our son who will be 14mo on the Fascination in November. Please do a review or at least post how things work out with your sleeping arrangements when you come back. It's hard to find any info or advice on sleeping in a room with a toddler.

I will definitely update to let you and others know. It would be great if somehow we could fit it in there. Then our little guy can sleep and we can stay up a little longer. Fingers crossed!

We recently got off of the Carnival Conquest. We brought our 18 month old daughter. Her bedtime is around 8pm as well. But honestly, going in we knew that her schedule was going to go out the window (nap time especially). Typically, she wakes up around 7am, naps around 12pm, and bedtime at 8pm. On the cruise, she woke up around 8am, napped at 130/2pm, and bedtime was around 930/10pm (after the shows, which she really enjoyed). My point is, she stayed up past her normal bedtime just fine and when it was time for her to go to bed, she was so tired from playing all day and being up later than normal, that the tv or us talking didn't even bother her (granted, I know all babies are different and yours may not like to get off schedule and may not like noise).

Back to your question, though, in my opinion a pnp wouldn't fit in the bathroom; I didn't even think to bring a pnp because Carnival provides a crib, which they set up in the room for you. We had an outside 6c category room, and had plenty of walking room. I know this was a little off topic , but I was trying to give you a little more information. When I was about to go on our cruise there was very little information on children under 2 and cruises. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

I will definitely update to let you and others know. It would be great if somehow we could fit it in there. Then our little guy can sleep and we can stay up a little longer. Fingers crossed!

I did a review on our trip with our 18mo old daughter http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=107238

Hope that helps if not let me know your questions I will be more than happy to answer.

I'm curious, not trying to flame you, but are you talking about putting your baby in a crib in the shower?

Sounds like a CPS call could be in your future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would a CPS call be in their future?

I'm curious, not trying to flame you, but are you talking about putting your baby in a crib in the shower?

Sounds like a CPS call could be in your future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how you say you aren't trying to flame, but then say a CPS call is in my future. Those are fighting words. It's not about "locking" him in the bathroom, it's about finding a way for him to sleep in a quiet space when we are all sharing a room. I said that we would bring the video monitor, so it's no different than him sleeping in his room in his crib every night. I have never been on a carnival cruise, so I wasn't sure of the setup of the rooms. Thanks to those of you who offered your advice and suggestions.

I don't know if it will help, but here is a picture of our bathroom on the Legend.

ry%3D400

Personally I wouldn't put a baby in there. But our shower always seems to be wet?? I guess since we take a shower in the morning and then again in the afternoon after a day in port, at the beach, at the pool, etc.

Maggie

Archived