Wine package delivered to your stateroom?

Hi all,

Could somebody please clarify the wine package for me.

If I order the package will all the bottles be sitting in my stateroom when I arrive the same as the water package is?

Is the wine package the best option if I would like to have a glass on the balcony before and after dinner in my stateroom?

Can I take it to and from the MDR?

What is the general consensus on wine packages, it terms of $$ and variety........worth it??

Hi all,

If I order the package will all the bottles be sitting in my stateroom when I arrive the same as the water package is?

Is the wine package the best option if I would like to have a glass on the balcony before and after dinner in my stateroom?

What is the general consensus on wine packages, it terms of $$ and variety........worth it??

No, the wine package is not like the water package. The wine package is designed to be used in the dining room or specialty restaurants. You can order one or more bottles from your package and take full or unfinished bottles back to your stateroom.

Hi all,

My take on the wine package is that it's worth it only if you get the more expensive wines that are offered. So you're really limited to just a few bottles in each package that will save you money. Do a search for "wine package (over)analysis" and you will see. So the variety isn't great.

The full wine list (which you can see by following the link in my signature) has a lot of very nice bottles, all comparably priced to a land-based restaurant (although many complain about the markup, you have to expect that if you're getting wine from a service establishment instead of a retail store).

To me the best option for in-cabin wine would be to wait until you're onboard and then get a bottle of wine from one of the bars, along with a couple of glasses and a corkscrew. I've had mixed results ordering from Gifts & Gear. If they don't have what you ordered, they'll just substitute something else which could be less expensive that what you paid.

Hi all,

I ordered a few bottles of wine from gifts and gears for drinking in our stateroom. You will have the option of chosing where you want your wine delivered...to your stateroom or during dinner.

Then someone on the boards suggested ordering the wine package which would be available for dinner. The wait staff has a list which they would consult with and see if you have the option of a wine package and you would then order under whatever category you chose.

But to answer your question...ordering from G&G would be your best option of being able to have a glass of wine on the balcony before and after dinner in your stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise :)

If I, or someone else, sends me a bottle of wine to the cabin and I take it to dinner, there will be a corkage fee?? :( How much?

If I order a bottle of wine in the dining room there is no corkage fee?

Does the same wine (*dining room/ gifts and gear) have the same price?

If I, or someone else, sends me a bottle of wine to the cabin and I take it to dinner, there will be a corkage fee?? :( How much?

If I order a bottle of wine in the dining room there is no corkage fee?

Does the same wine (*dining room/ gifts and gear) have the same price?

If you order wine in the dining room or have a wine pkg and the wine is brought to you in the dining room there is no corkage fee

If you bring an unopened bottle of wine with you to the dining room there COULD be a corkage fee - we have found its up to the waiter - they are supposed to charge it - some dont

If you order wine in the dining room or have a wine pkg and the wine is brought to you in the dining room there is no corkage fee

If you bring an unopened bottle of wine with you to the dining room there COULD be a corkage fee - we have found its up to the waiter - they are supposed to charge it - some dont

We always get a wine package with a couple of more bottles than we'd drink with dinner in the MDR. The first night (as well as again a couple of days later) we ask for one of our package bottles - unopened to take back to the room (we travel with a small corkscrew).

The wine in the bottle at dinner that you don't finish will be brought to your table at dinner the next night.:)

We seem to have refined our own wine routine over the years...;)...and it works very well. We do order a wine package for the dining room, and we have wine each night with dinner. Sometimes we take an unfinished bottle, or even a full bottle or two, back to the cabin with us. (the waiter will give you glasses and a corkscrew if you need it - just ask)

We also order one bottle of wine (sometimes 2 bottles - 1 white, 1 red) from Gifts and Gear to be delivered to the stateroom on embarkation day. (If you order white wine, it will be in a bucket of ice when you arrive.) Glasses and a corkscrew are also supplied with this order. This is important only if you want wine BEFORE you dine the first night - if you order wine from G&G, you'll have it. Otherwise, you can plan for your cabin needs in the dining room package you order and bring bottles back to the room from your dining venue.

Whew! This system, after several years of refining it...:p....ensures that we always have wine in the cabin and in the dining room. This supply of wine has become an important element of cruising to us...:D We still usually have an unopened bottle or two left over at the end of the cruise and bring those home.

We're working on perfecting this system so that we come out exactly right at the end of the cruise with no wine left to pack home. I think it may take a dozen or so more cruises to get it right...in the meantime we'll keep trying!:D:p:D

Jusy

Archived