Can I use my credit card for them to use onboard

Hi

For my next cruise Im traveling with my freinds and i want to put my credit card on their account so they can use their sea pass but I want to pay for them. can I do that? Also, Im going to arrive at the port early but they will get at the port about 5 hrs after me. Do tjey have to be present when i board the ship. Im afraid i have to wait for them to board the ship Thannks :D

Hi

For my next cruise Im traveling with my freinds and i want to put my credit card on their account so they can use their sea pass but I want to pay for them. can I do that? Also, Im going to arrive at the port early but they will get at the port about 5 hrs after me. Do tjey have to be present when i board the ship. Im afraid i have to wait for them to board the ship Thannks :D

Yes..no problem I do this for my family on our cruises..I take care of this online when setting up my SetSail..I link the reservations..

No..you can check in before them. They could also just check in and do their SetSail as if they were going to be a cash account and once onboard you can go to guest services and have their SeaPass account charges added to yours under your credit card..RCI makes this very easy to do and it's done all the time.

Have a great cruise with your friends !!

You will need their booking number. When you are doing the on line check-in, there is a page to set up your on board expense account. On that page it will ask if you want to be responsible for the charges of other passengers. Just enter your friends' booking number and names and they will be added to your account.

Hi

Forgive me for being a suspicious old biddie, but I can foresee some problems with using your credit card to pay for your friends' on-board expenses. For goodness' sake, talk to your friends about this and establish some rules before you go - otherwise you may end up with a huge credit card bill at the end of the cruise.

If you really want to pay for your friends, set daily limits to what they spend on board, or get cash from them in advance. Many a friendship has been ruined because of misunderstandings about money.

Hi

You will need their booking number. When you are doing the on line check-in, there is a page to set up your on board expense account. On that page it will ask if you want to be responsible for the charges of other passengers. Just enter your friends' booking number and names and they will be added to your account.

Do your friends know that you are going to do this? If not, cruiseguy1016, if the friends check in later than OP and put their own credit card down for the sea pass acct, will it override the OP's (does that make sense?)

Archived