Uniworld Paris Pre Cruise

jibeho52

Anyone take the Uniworld Paris pre cruise stay in Paris? How is the hotel? Uniworld representative tours? Do you have much free time in Paris? thanks for you advice and help

Last year we did not do the pre-tour but stayed afterwards on our own. We wanted to explore Paris and wander at our pace after a week with groups (we had specific things we wanted to see). We stayed in the 7th at Hotel Muguet which we found centrally located to our interests (Eiffel Tower, Rue Claire, Les Invalides, etc.). The Metro was easy to navigate. We didn't do any group tours but my husband planned really well.

Friends and I did the Paris pre-cruise last month. The hotel is the Radisson Ambassador Blu. It was fine. The location was great. Our cruise manager was Alexandra and she was both on location at the hotel and on the Baroness. She was wonderful! The best CM I have had out of 5 Uniworld cruises.

We got in Friday morning, had the afternoon free, took a bus tour Saturday afternoon, and boarded the bus to the ship at 11:30 on Sunday.

We then came back to Paris on Friday. Went to Montmarte on Saturday morning and left on Sunday morning.

BTW, this was for the Paris-Normandy cruise.

Unless you want to do the pre-cruise in order to meet others on your cruise before the cruise begins you could easily do Paris on your own and probably save some money. You'll just have to do a bit of planning before hand on what you want to see, pre-purchase online any tickets you may need and find a decent hotel for the right price. Paris is super easy to navigate on the Metro, but like all big cities just be aware of the pick pockets (spoken from experience).

• 1 month later...

We're booked for the Paris to Normandy cruise in April/2013 and interested in your Radisson Ambassador stay. Our stay at the hotel is following our cruise. Trip Advisor reviews say its a great location but the hotel is "tired". How was the bus tour?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Last year we did not do the pre-tour but stayed afterwards on our own. We wanted to explore Paris and wander at our pace after a week with groups (we had specific things we wanted to see). We stayed in the 7th at Hotel Muguet which we found centrally located to our interests (Eiffel Tower, Rue Claire, Les Invalides, etc.). The Metro was easy to navigate. We didn't do any group tours but my husband planned really well.

We stayed there two years ago, great place!

We are taking a Uniworld River Cruise June 2013 Burgandy & Provence. The pre cruise trip with Uniworld was expensive and we are staying three days in Paris doing our own arrangements saving a considerable amount of money. We chose the Hotel Muget because of the reviews and its ideal location. I have been reading the boards on this forum gathering a ton of information. It involves some research but I am enjoying all the planning.:)

We are taking a Uniworld River Cruise June 2013 Burgandy & Provence. The pre cruise trip with Uniworld was expensive and we are staying three days in Paris doing our own arrangements saving a considerable amount of money. We chose the Hotel Muget because of the reviews and its ideal location. I have been reading the boards on this forum gathering a ton of information. It involves some research but I am enjoying all the planning.:)

There are some great restaurants in that area.

• 4 months later...

Archived