Fans

sweetcurves

Don't risk the fan or extension cord being confiscated and not sleeping the whole cruise- buy the battery operated one and you can rest easy knowing you have it. I bring a battery operated white noise machine.

Thanks! That's what I figured but I'm having a hard time finding a battery operated fan here in Canada. I don't know what it is about this country...lol.

Just might have to order one from Amazon and have it delivered to a friend stateside.

If you are flying in a day before your cruise you could find one at any Walmart or Target.

Good luck- I can't sleep without white noise, I used to use a fan. Now I have an app on my iPhone and iPad in case the battery operated one fails me! I will NOT sleep without it no matter how tired I am.

Small electric fans, in good operating condition, ARE PERMITTED according to the person who oversees the prohibited items list. However, different ships (no surprise here) still may confiscate them due to their lack of understanding/comprehension of the policy. Such happened to me on both the Dream and Sensation. On the Dream I was able to get it back (a couple of years ago). On the Sensation last weekend they would not listen to reason (telling them the policy...:rolleyes:), and kept it until the end of the cruise. :mad:

Here is a message I received back from Carnival, though a spokesperson:

Mischelle Beattie Coccera: Just want to give you a quick update. The heard security that oversees the prohibited items list says there has been no change in policy and that the fan should have been allowed. He has advised that he will speak to the Sensation security team. I let him know that I have reports of it happening on more then just this one ship so he is digging a little deeper.

I am, however, skeptical that the word will ever fully be understood at the enforcement level - where they are known to be somewhat "all powerful" GUNG HO sorts of people!

Tom

We take this type its battery and has a power plug we pack the plug separate and always put the fan in a our carry on so if there is a question we are there. Never has been , but better safe than sorry.

That's the one I'm looking at getting. I don't care so much about the plug in capacity since I want it on my side table and the cord wouldn't reach anyway (unless I bring an extension cord--another thing to worry about getting confiscated!)

That's the one I'm looking at getting. I don't care so much about the plug in capacity since I want it on my side table and the cord wouldn't reach anyway (unless I bring an extension cord--another thing to worry about getting confiscated!)

We just move the side table to the end of the bed :) it fits nicely right next to the stand where the TV is and then the plug just slides right behind and then the fan will blow right on us and the table doesnt bother us as there is still room to walk by. About the only inconvience is my wife has no place to lay her glasses at night , but she always figures something out.

We take this type its battery and has a power plug we pack the plug separate and always put the fan in a our carry on so if there is a question we are there. Never has been , but better safe than sorry.

That's what mine looks like, but mine doesn't have the power plug.

For our April cruise I bought a small battery powered fan at Wal-Mart. It's about 6" x 6" I think. Runs on 2 D batteries. It was cheap' date=' around $7 I think, sounds good and doesn't take up much room in the suitcase.[/quote']

Did 2 batteries last your whole trip or did you bring extras with you?

If you are flying in a day before your cruise you could find one at any Walmart or Target.

Good luck- I can't sleep without white noise, I used to use a fan. Now I have an app on my iPhone and iPad in case the battery operated one fails me! I will NOT sleep without it no matter how tired I am.

I downloaded an app for my android tablet. I'll just leave it plugged in and playing during the night.

For anyone driving into Galveston there is a Walmart on the south end of the sea wall. From 45 go east on 61st. Proceed to the waterfront turn right. 6702 Seawall. It sits back off the road behind a strip center but you should see it There is a Target on the left as you first come into Galveston off 45 at 61st st.

Archived