Question about carrying on diet coke

maplo

Ok, from what I have read I am allowed to carry onboard 12 cans or 12 bottles. I thought it was no more than 20 ounce bottles but I checked prices at the store today and they don't sell a 6 pack of 20 ounce diet coke. They come in 24 ounce bottles or an 8 pk of small bottles. Has anyone taken the 24 ounce bottles on? I would rather take on the bottles instead of cans so I can put the lid back on when I don't want to finish a whole one at a time.

I always buy a soda card but I am hoping to just carry some on this time.

Thanks

I may just go with two 6 pks of 24 ounce bottles. That would be 12 bottles in total for me. My Sis can do the same. We are taking them on Conquest out of NOLA. Hope they let us.

Thanks everyone...

• 1 month later...
We took on those bottles of diet coke as well as regular cans of other soda and juices no problem, only limitations was just the 24 total between the two of us.

Is the 24 total for the Entire cruise? On other cruise lines when we ran low we just purchased more in port and brought them on....never no problem. Has anyone ever tried that?

TIA

Was on the Carnival Glory two weeks ago, bought Coke Zero Cherry, 12 cans pack in my carry on...no questions asked.

had to ask the cabin attendant to unlock the fridge, the top shelf was empty, put them there.

I also bought Crystal Light single packs.

Edited by WDBGUY

Ok, from what I have read I am allowed to carry onboard 12 cans or 12 bottles. I thought it was no more than 20 ounce bottles but I checked prices at the store today and they don't sell a 6 pack of 20 ounce diet coke. They come in 24 ounce bottles or an 8 pk of small bottles. Has anyone taken the 24 ounce bottles on? I would rather take on the bottles instead of cans so I can put the lid back on when I don't want to finish a whole one at a time.

I always buy a soda card but I am hoping to just carry some on this time.

Thanks

On 3 of our cruises we bought the soda cards (very expensive) but our last cruise we took a carry on piece of luggage and FILLED it with water and 1 pack each of bottled Pepsi and Sprite. (Don't remember the size of the bottles) The luggage was opened and inspected and then we were sent on our way with no problems. I am going on another cruise in October and already have my water and a 8 pack of 12 oz bottles of Pepsi for my carry on luggage. I don't anticipate any issues. Just remember you can't have it loaded, you have to bring it on board yourself. Hubby isn't going this trip.:( I'm cruising with friends, so I don't need to take as much for just myself. Good luck and I think you'll be fine.:)

Just got off the Triumph Thursday, I took the small bottles of diet coke. Security did inspect every bottle but the man in front of me with the 2 liter had to trash his. Also cruised out of NOLA and never had any problems with sodas, we don't carry cans either, always bottles.

We didn't have a problem carrying on our soda, but in Miami, they did tear open my 12 packs and pull out some sodas to be sure they were all sodas. The security officer was going to leave them all out on the table for me to replace, but she did out them back in the 12 pack once I asked.

We had the same thing in Miami, they tell me they opened our 12 packs because I had them taped shut ( to prevent them from spilling all over the place and holding up the line) But they pulled us over to another table, looked at each can, and then replaced and retaped them....

I was at the commisary yesterday and looked specifically for 20oz bottles of soda. RC cola, Diet Rite and others under that general brand were the only 20oz I saw. I love RC but try to keep to diet soda. I think Diet Rite cola is gross, but their other flavors are pretty good. BTW, does anyone know the story behind 16.9 oz soda bottles? Weird.

Is the 24 total for the Entire cruise? On other cruise lines when we ran low we just purchased more in port and brought them on....never no problem. Has anyone ever tried that?

TIA

You are allowed to do that--replenish supplies while in port. Sodas only, not wine.

I was at the commisary yesterday and looked specifically for 20oz bottles of soda. RC cola, Diet Rite and others under that general brand were the only 20oz I saw. I love RC but try to keep to diet soda. I think Diet Rite cola is gross, but their other flavors are pretty good. BTW, does anyone know the story behind 16.9 oz soda bottles? Weird.

16.9 ounces = 500 mL = .5 liter

so.... 16.9 ounces is 1/2 liter.

I have a rolling carry-on in which we pack 12-24 oz. bottles of diet pepsi and 12 - cans of sugar free redbull. I also pack a soft sided cooler in the suit case and 1 bottle of wine for each of us. Our Tervis tumblers go in this case and sometimes hubby throws in an empty flask to fill later. We have cruised out of NOLA 2x this year with these with no problem. I also include several crystal light singles packets to uses as mixers with the bon voyage liquor delivered to our room.

Last winter hubby and I were packing the case together and ended up with 16 bottles of diet Pepsi, plus our standard redbull and wine. They didn't count how many we had packed. However, they did check the seals on all the bottles to make sure that they were still factory sealed

We used to check all this stuff but when they made it prerequisite that it be carried on I went and bought a wheeled carry-on and we just roll it right on with us.

I have a rolling carry-on in which we pack 12-24 oz. bottles of diet pepsi and 12 - cans of sugar free redbull. I also pack a soft sided cooler in the suit case and 1 bottle of wine for each of us. Our Tervis tumblers go in this case and sometimes hubby throws in an empty flask to fill later. We have cruised out of NOLA 2x this year with these with no problem. I also include several crystal light singles packets to uses as mixers with the bon voyage liquor delivered to our room.

Last winter hubby and I were packing the case together and ended up with 16 bottles of diet Pepsi, plus our standard redbull and wine. They didn't count how many we had packed. However, they did check the seals on all the bottles to make sure that they were still factory sealed

We used to check all this stuff but when they made it prerequisite that it be carried on I went and bought a wheeled carry-on and we just roll it right on with us.

Thanks for the info!! I set sail in December and I'll be taking a rolling carry on...:)

I always take the big plastic bottles of Diet Coke with me. Like the size you'd buy when you're thirsty at the grocery store and they're right there at the check out. They're just so much nicer. On a side note, we also take Powerade since my kids like that. Those bottles are 20 ounces. Then we take a case of water. When we checked in on the Legend, we had all 48 bottles loose together in 2 carryons. My husband had the water, and the scanner lady stopped it, asked a question, they took out the water and shook it then put it back. I was silently cursing if they were going to shake my Diet Coke.... but she just looked at it and said "You're with him?" and when I said yes, she moved us along.

You'll be fine :-) I think they just don't want you to bring on 2 litres!! :-)

Shawn