Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Exactly, my coworker/friend is on the May 12 sailing so I have had numberous phone calls/emails with NCL about Vibe. The weather is her concern as well, I think she checked long range weather for Bermuda so its 'forecast' to rain day 2 in Bermuda that week (knowing its still early and weather patterns can change) but given that it 'could' rain, then you have a day waisted on your money. Also I found out that Vibe will be 'selling' food, hence the food and bev credit. Where they are getting the 'food' from, i dont know as Vibe does not have a resturant.

I forgot what was the price of the cabana? Where did you find that info?

According to the first Freestyle Guide onboard there are only 120 spa passes available!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1837282

I am a first time cruiser and am booked on the Breakaway on July 7th as a solo. (Need some me time relaxation :) I am booked in a "balconette" (too funny but sounds to be true). I have a question about the Spa Passes and Vibe passes. I would like to use the spa 3-4 times as I love to hit the steam room after a long day. Can I just pay to use those facilities when I want to? Got a feeling I will be screwed if there are really only 120 spa passes. Same goes for Vibe. Can I just pay a daily fee to access Vibe? Is Vibe accessible for balcony customers? I wont use that area every day and probably wont be on the ship much at all while in Bermuda so it only makes sense to me during sea days. Thanks in advance!

Tad upset today ;-(

Found out our connecting room isn't connecting since building the ship.

We booked last July and had connecting rooms. NCls page states non connecting but my TAs says yes. She called and they aren't :-((((

I know it's not a horrible thing but we planned on all this time.

I am a first time cruiser and am booked on the Breakaway on July 7th as a solo. (Need some me time relaxation :) I am booked in a "balconette" (too funny but sounds to be true). I have a question about the Spa Passes and Vibe passes. I would like to use the spa 3-4 times as I love to hit the steam room after a long day. Can I just pay to use those facilities when I want to? Got a feeling I will be screwed if there are really only 120 spa passes. Same goes for Vibe. Can I just pay a daily fee to access Vibe? Is Vibe accessible for balcony customers? I wont use that area every day and probably wont be on the ship much at all while in Bermuda so it only makes sense to me during sea days. Thanks in advance!

That is my main question, it's been said they sell out on Epic on the first day so they end up not having any day passes available for the rest of the week. That is why most people tend to buy the weekly deal, and that's it. I will be attempting the day thing on our voyage on May 19 and reporting my findings, just keep an eye for my review.

I forgot what was the price of the cabana? Where did you find that info?

Hey gambee, I had NCL to send it to me by email... you know get it in writing...

Hi Tiffany,

The Vibe Beach Club additional information was updated pp.

Day access passes will be $20 per person

Week access passes will be $79 per person

Full Sea Day Cabana Rentals – $99 for two guests

(includes day pass and $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe)

Full Port Day Cabana Rental - $79 for two guests

Full Cruise Cabana Rental - $299 for two guests

(includes week pass and $100 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe)

Cabana price will reflect on guest purchasing and any guest wanting to access Vibe will need to pay the access pass.

Hey gambee, I had NCL to send it to me by email... you know get it in writing...

Hi Tiffany,

Cabana price will reflect on guest purchasing and any guest wanting to access Vibe will need to pay the access pass.

Hummmmmm, they are not priced horribly the sea day one is a good option for some. But once again the question is raised between that and the spa what is the better deal, I guess this one does include $100 for drinks so that's not bad.

Thanks for the info.

Hi Tiffany,

So a week for 2 in the cabana is $40 more net then a week without it. Sounds pretty fair!

absolutely! I am surprised by the negative undertones toward haven passengers. We all get the choice to pay a premium or not.

I wonder if, in general, it might be less a negative attitude towards the haven passengers (although I'll admit to the occasional twinge of jealousy :o) and more a negative attitude towards the way NCL has been implementing/expanding the havens.

I haven't studied the deck plans for the pool deck and similar outdoor areas; I can't sit in the sun, and I plan to, as usual, do most of my lounging on my balcony (forgetting for the moment the apparent lack of M6 loungers :rolleyes:). People have said those public outdoor areas seem small on the Breakaway, so maybe there's the sense that instead of adding spaces for the Haven passengers, they've taken away space that would normally (on earlier ships) be for the use of all passengers.

I saw on another thread that NCL has made a preliminary "unofficial" announcement for another new ship due in 2017. It will have an additional deck or half-deck of public space; maybe that will address the problem.

Hummmmmm, they are not priced horribly the sea day one is a good option for some. But once again the question is raised between that and the spa what is the better deal, I guess this one does include $100 for drinks so that's not bad.

Thanks for the info.

Yea..for 1 person spa pass is $146 per person for the week and $39 a day versus Vibe which includes food/drinks (cabana), water spritzers, fruit skewers and chilled towels and a clam shell (if you rent)

I know i couldnt do both though:eek:

I wonder if, in general, it might be less a negative attitude towards the haven passengers (although I'll admit to the occasional twinge of jealousy :o) and more a negative attitude towards the way NCL has been implementing/expanding the havens.

I haven't studied the deck plans for the pool deck and similar outdoor areas; I can't sit in the sun, and I plan to, as usual, do most of my lounging on my balcony (forgetting for the moment the apparent lack of M6 loungers :rolleyes:). People have said those public outdoor areas seem small on the Breakaway, so maybe there's the sense that instead of adding spaces for the Haven passengers, they've taken away space that would normally (on earlier ships) be for the use of all passengers.

I saw on another thread that NCL has made a preliminary "unofficial" announcement for another new ship due in 2017. It will have an additional deck or half-deck of public space; maybe that will address the problem.

I dont think it will as they are also adding another haven deck

Regarding the cabana rentals-if you do rent one for the day or week, does that mean that no one else can use it if they sit there empty? Are they roped off or something? What if someone who didn't reserve it is using it-do they get kicked out if the person who reserved it comes along?

A comment on the Haven. The Haven is why we booked NCL. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We are an average couple who have worked really hard and saved really hard to do something special to celebrate. Otherwise we would probably be in a regular balcony or oceanview room. We laughed when reading about Butler and Concierge service...but yes, we plan to go all out and enjoy this one week (sans kids) and take full advantage of all the Haven ammenities and perks. :)

Regarding the cabana rentals-if you do rent one for the day or week, does that mean that no one else can use it if they sit there empty? Are they roped off or something? What if someone who didn't reserve it is using it-do they get kicked out if the person who reserved it comes along?

I fully assume that their are specific attendants/crew who are in charge of these cabanas (probably the same people who deliver food & drinks to them), and will almost certainly ask individuals without reservations to kindly leave the cabana if they are present. Probably much in the same way that attendants at private island cruise locations monitor those cabanas, such as Royal Caribbean/Celebrity's Labadee cabanas.

Are the Taste and Savor menus the same? Same food each night? What about Manhattan Room? I saw that surf and turf is on night one in I like Savor, will it be in Taste as well? (Not sure if this is known or a detail we're all still waiting for!) :) Thanks!

Hi everyone. This thread is like a soap tv show. Lol. But still addicted on reading the thread. I wanna say thank u to all that has help with everything breakaway. I was booked on an M6 but bc of the pictures I changed. Looks like everyone can see u from the top balconies. I changed it to a spa mini suite since the spa facilities looked awesome. About the Haven guests. Hey.....if I can afford it then I would truly book it. I'm going in October so I think weather would be cooler so vibe really don't interest me. Spice H2O would suffice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well if you plan on eating on your balcony (and this goes for almost all balconies on this ship), you better ask room service is they'll let you borrow a table as well, because the one you'll have will hold nothing more than a coffee and an OJ :rolleyes: (which bums us out too for this very reason; you know it's a problem when passengers have to consider bringing camping or tailgate gear in order to make proper use of their balcony!)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering if there was a table by the couch in our room, I'll roll it out to the balcony. Do you think the steward would bring us a taller table? Otherwise, I can always pack a folding table, right? (LOVE not having to fly to the ship .. ohhh, the possibilities!)

Any word on if there are Martini tastings??

I wonder if Armando (Epic Martini Bar bartender extraordinaire) is onboard?

"Borrowing" from Don again:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you . . . . Armando!!!

1215494560_Xg5zc-L.jpg

Tom

I was wondering if there was a table by the couch in our room, I'll roll it out to the balcony. Do you think the steward would bring us a taller table? Otherwise, I can always pack a folding table, right? (LOVE not having to fly to the ship .. ohhh, the possibilities!)

Well you *could*, but from the photos I've seen of all balcony & mini suite cabins the only thing they give you for an indoor table is something that more closely resembles a cube-shaped ottoman, one that is not much bigger than the mini table on the balcony.

I wonder if Armando (Epic Martini Bar bartender extraordinaire) is onboard?

"Borrowing" from Don again:

Tom

Oh I hope so! I haven't seen him since he was on the Gem!!

Don't know whether it's been answered, but where would you make the reservation for the Vibe cabana rental for the week? Is it something you do right away at the main desk, like the spa pass?

You would go to Guest services as soon as you board.

Archived