Flights and xportation from Rome with Celebrity?

kath00

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to post these questions. We just booked the Celebrity Reflection from Rome to the E Med in June 2013 (YAAAY).

We are looking into flights and transportation from California. The Celebrity website is only giving us flight options with American so far and no transportation options from Rome airport to the port.

May I ask a few questions from those who have done this trip?

1) Are most folks flying in the day prior or the day of departure?

2) How far is it from the airport in Rome to the port/ship? Is Taxi the best way to go? Does Celebrity provide xportation?

3) What is a popular place to stay overnight if we do fly in early?

4) Has anyone used Celebrity to book their flights in order to guarantee not to miss the ship?

Thank you so much! Katherine

Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to post these questions. We just booked the Celebrity Reflection from Rome to the E Med in June 2013 (YAAAY).

We are looking into flights and transportation from California. The Celebrity website is only giving us flight options with American so far and no transportation options from Rome airport to the port.

May I ask a few questions from those who have done this trip?

1) Are most folks flying in the day prior or the day of departure?

2) How far is it from the airport in Rome to the port/ship? Is Taxi the best way to go? Does Celebrity provide xportation?

3) What is a popular place to stay overnight if we do fly in early?

4) Has anyone used Celebrity to book their flights in order to guarantee not to miss the ship?

Thank you so much! Katherine

Katherine, if this is your first time to Rome I would fly in a few days before the cruise to explore Rome. If not I would still arrive at least one but ideally two days prior to the cruise as it will give you time to get over jet lag, locate any missing bags that might not have made it on the flight, and ensure you do not miss the ship due to a flight delay or cancellation.

Rome is about 45 minutes from the airport. Ship is about 45 minutes (I put one hour in the other post for padding but noted often 45 minutes) and Rome is about 90 minutes from the port.

If you have been to Rome before and are arriving just one day before the cruise consider just staying at the port. If first time to Rome I would stay in Rome.

If you arrive the day of the cruise then Celebrity would transfer you to the port. Again, I wouldn't arrive the day of the cruise.

You have lots of options in arranging your own transport. I use romecabs (not a taxi service but they provide private vehicles and they also do tours). Their web site is http://www.romecabs.com

Finally, please note that the cruise line cannot guarantee that you won't miss the ship if you are delayed or flight cancelled.

Keith

Hi all,

Has anyone used Celebrity to book their flights in order to guarantee not to miss the ship?

Katherine: To elaborate on Keith's admonition not to use Celebrity air for a "guarantee," please read this clause in the Celebrity cruise contract, which you just signed:

All arrangements made for or by Passenger for transportation (other than on the Vessel or on any Transport owned or operated by RCT in connection with

a RCT Land Tour) before, during or after the Cruise or CruiseTour of any kind whatsoever, as well as air arrangements, shore excursions, tours, hotels,

restaurants, attractions and other similar activities or services, including all related conveyances, products or facilities, are made solely for Passenger's

convenience and are at Passenger's risk.

I agree with Keith. Fly in early. We flew to Rome 4 days early last summer before our cruise and only barely had time to see what we wanted.

We had no trouble taking the regional train (just over 4 euros per person) from Rome to Civitavecchia port.

Archived