TS / (Hurricane?) Isaac

Scott34787

Not going to impact sailings out of New orleans.

It can impact the sailings from New Orleans. This storm will likely change the itineraries of any ships sailing in the Caribbean including ships out of New Orleans.

The 5pm update from NHC (the picture posted) is the first time NHC shows such an eastward curve. The local guy I follow still thinks it will continue to track westward. This is what I'm hoping since we are sailing on Sunday...though we have a few days to get down to the Bahamas area, since we have 2 sea days from Baltimore.

Never can tell with these things!

Sailing Sunday out of Miami on the Valor. Don't mind itinerary changes as long as we make the ship. Flying to Miami on Saturday from DCA.

Same here,as long as I make it on the ship I am going to go with the flow.

How many posts will be made about CCL screwing them over and demanding a free cruise because itineraries had to be changed? I hate when people do this when CCL is thinking of their safety.

Hope none, One of our Best cruises was when we were diverted because of a Hurricane. Safety First

I work for a major grocery chain in their Information Systems dept here in FL and this one is already getting attention - definitely worth tracking. I wish all those heading out next week a safe journey

You work for a major chain in central FL. Hmm, lemme think. :p I live in Lakeland, where there's one on every corner. I dread getting groceries this weekend as everyone will be flailing their arms doing the panic and hoarding supplies dance.

Yeah, still a little skittish around here since '04. But at least I live in a more densely populated area than I did then. More likely to have my power restored a little quicker. I hope.

I'm more worried about the system behind Isaac. It'll probably end up in the Gulf by just after Labor Day like the <i>Farmer's Almanac</i> has predicted, which means it'll rain on my wedding day. :( At least we don't leave for our honeymoon cruise until 2 weeks later - hopefully nothing else will pop up!

Not going to impact sailings out of New orleans.

Ya know people said Ike wasnt going to impact Galveston either.. and off we went on Sunday .. Friday Ike took a 90 degree turn the last 24 hours and wiped out Galveston.

Unless you are a weather expert.. I would be very carefull making predictions.

Archived