VIFP~gold level status halfway thru next cruise, will I receive gold card at check in

jenale80

If halfway thru my next cruise I hit the 24 day mark to become a gold level member, will I receive a gold level card and benefits at the beginning of my cruise?

I am pretty sure that is how it works, per something I read online before, but couldn't find the exact info. on their website....maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

According to the VIFP FAQ's that's the case. We're in the same situation on Breeze in January.

"Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise)." http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx

ken

Just happened to us on our Liberty cruise at the start of the VIFP program. We were given gold cards when we boarded, the pin was in our cabin with the drink coupon, and we received the invite for the Past Guest Party on the next day. We were not slated to become gold until day 4 of the sailing.

According to the VIFP FAQ's that's the case. We're in the same situation on Breeze in January.

"Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise)." http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/faqs.aspx

ken

thank you! that is the exact link I was looking for.

Just curious....if you are at the level to receive "Chocolate Delight", and your spouse is also...will you receive two?! That's a lot of chocolate! My husband will be very happy!

That's a good question. I hope they do, it only seems fair.

I was going to type, that NO you don't get the old card till AFTER your cruise, however you guys showed me I was wrong. I have not read the new rules regarding the new VIFP program, so thank you for teaching me something new today.

As far as the question regarding the CHOCOLATE DELIGHT for each of the 2 people, I DON'T think you will get two, one for each. My wife and I hit Platinum status together, and we only got the one tray. I BELIEVE its one for the cabin.

Our cruise in oct will be the first cruise, since the new program started, so maybe there will be two, but I think you will only get the one tray of chocolate delight.

i will report back with what theyu give us when we get back

Archived