Keeping a list

Can some please explain how to keep a running list of people and their info for a cabin crawl,slot pull etc. I should know but I don't. Thanks in advance. Roz:eek:

You could create a Word doc or an HTML email and copy/paste the info into your CC posts. That would allow all your formatting (colors, fonts, etc.) to stay intact.

On my last cruise, I organized the cabin crawl, and I did it the hard way. :o

When I needed to add names to the crawl list, I just went back to my last posted list, cut & pasted the list of names into a new post, and modified it. And of course my DH (the silent partner of wwcruisers) was always reminding me that a spreadsheet would be easier! ;)

I would make an excel spreadsheet in Google docs. docs.google.com

You can then share the link with your group and they can see the up to date list at all times. You can even allow them to fill in their own info.

Our roll call group did this for our upcoming cruise. We have used the group spreadsheet to organize roll call, M&M, shore excursions, good advice, flight info, tranfers, etc. It's worked really well!

I use Google docs as well, it's great because people can add there own info to the spreadsheet and make changes as their plans develop, sign up for the Cabin Crawl as well as the Slot Pull too.

Here is a copy of ours, you can't edit but you can see what it looks like.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Several cruises ago, someone on our roll call offered to keep a master list of:

names, cabin numbers, pre- and post cruise hotel info, excursions, and on and on.

Most of us knew each other from previous cruises or get-togethers, but some did not.

Anyway, since most folks didn't want the info to be public, either on CC or FB or elsewhere, the decision was made to make it up in EXCEL.

This person kept up all the changes and emailed it to the participants.

It was the easiest way.

Since then, I've used the same spreadsheet, (just modified it each cruise).

Its worked for me. :)

I use Google docs as well, it's great because people can add there own info to the spreadsheet and make changes as their plans develop, sign up for the Cabin Crawl as well as the Slot Pull too.

Here is a copy of ours, you can't edit but you can see what it looks like.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi, I have looked at your list and decided to attempt to make one. It was simple but I do have a question. I sent it to my wife to see if it would open and she must create an account to open it.

How do I get it out to other ppl? Is there a link that I am missing?

Thank you Keith

I also use an Excel spreadsheet (similar to the Google doc sample posted). This allows me to use filtering when I post the Thread Summary (more on this later). I bring the list into Word and then into Cruise Critic to preserve formatting, etc. (Cruise Critic is not too fond of Excel.) I like this Google doc idea and will investigate it for future cruises.

I also keep track of key posts, eg, when people share valuable information regarding a port, excursion, hotel, etc. Since the threads can get very long, occasionally I will post a Thread Summary that lists our Shipmates, participant sign-up by activity, reference posts (important posts and post number). That way if you have been on vacation or away for a while, all you have to do is check the last thread summary to get caught up.

You do not need to create an account to view/modify the spreadsheet. When you're in the document, click on share at the top right hand corner. Under "who has access", change setting to "Anyone who has a link". Then, email your wife or anyone else the link and they will be able to view/edit as well.

Thank you for the information to set the spreadsheet on its way for others to view and make changes. :)

Archived