Fun Saver -they pick your room?

natdalton

I'm considering upgrading from an oceanview room, which i researched and choose to a Balcony room under the Fun Saver Rate. However, on that option, Carnival picks your room for you and you receive your room assignment upon check in. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it a gamble whether you get a good room or not? Are their any bad balcony rooms that i would absolutely not want (i've never had one before)?

Appreciate any light anyone can shed on this for me.

I'm considering upgrading from an oceanview room, which i researched and choose to a Balcony room under the Fun Saver Rate. However, on that option, Carnival picks your room for you and you receive your room assignment upon check in. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it a gamble whether you get a good room or not? Are their any bad balcony rooms that i would absolutely not want (i've never had one before)?

I guess it depends on the ship you're on, but yes, you can get bad cabins that are below or above or beside a very noisy area (galley, outside deck with furniture, disco, laundry room, etc.) We always select our cabin because we don't want to risk it.

You would probably get assigment before check in but you get what they give you.

Some balconies are obstructed but that is the chance you take. We have done guarantees a few times with good success and have one pending now.

We have friends that recently sailed and got a crappy balcony room under the disco. Needless to say, they did not get much rest...

I spend some time picking my stateroom, I try to get a sandwich floor (passenger rooms above & below), look for elevator, stairwell, laundry, service area locations and avoid adjoining rooms (unless I know my neighbors). All of these are 'lessons learned' from previous bookings - the worst being the adjoining room where the couple next door had loud and obnoxious arguments EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I'd rather spend the extra couple of dollars (though so far I've managed to get the same or better with early saver), than spend vacation listening to the chairs scraping in the dining room or the bouncing basketballs from the deck above.

I would say 95% of people have their assignments before they board..or possibly more.

You almost for sure will be assigned a cabin before leave for your cruise. Latest Ive gotten mine is 4 days out and that was a last minute booking.

Archived