Looking For Some Suggestions (HELP)

RainbowsMist

I apologize in advance as this is another Fort Lauderdale Hotel thread. I've been reading this board for over 3 days, and have been on Hotels.com, Expedia etc. and getting more overwhelmed each time as I honestly have no clue where to begin...lol

This is our first cruise and our first time to Fort Lauderdale. We're flying into FLL Saturday March 9th and cruising the next day out of Miami. Our flight gets in early (10:15 am) however we'd really rather stay for the day and night in FL rather than Miami. Because we're a larger family (8 of us actually), we'll need 2 rooms, therefore we're looking for rooms that aren't really expensive. We're not fussy at all..just some place clean :) We'd like to spend our day doing some shopping (or just poking around) and maybe a bit of time at the beach. Hotel doesn't necessarily have to be ON the beach however.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel or what area would I even begin to look at? North, South, East, West?? lol What areas are safe, what aren't? We're traveling to POM by private shuttle so the hotel would have to be in an area they service from (if that's a factor). I was stuck on hotels that only have airport shuttles but after reading this board it appears don't be stuck on that, is this true? We would need 2 taxis??

Thank you in advance :)

I agree with John, with the additional comment that 4 in a standard room is going to be pretty crowded. So a place like Embassy Suites (on 17th) works very well, as they rooms are bedroom/living room suites, and there is more room. A little more expensive, but large breakfast is included, as is free beverages at the Manager's Reception. Those can easily offset the somewhat higher room rate.

Ultimately, only you can make a decision. Taking some notes will help with comparing, and looking at a mapping program will help you with locations.

I agree that the downtown/17th street area would be best. I would suggest the Hyatt Place North. Very popular with cruisers. About a $10 cab ride to the port. Close to shops, restaurants, Total Wine and Publix grocery. Also the Sun Trolley operates on Saturday and would be just a very short walk to take it. It will take you to the beach and also the Galleria Mall, both only a short ride away. Also the public bus #4o does the same route and stops very close to the hotel. There are several other hotels in the general area including Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Renaissance, and Hilton Marina..

I agree that the downtown/17th street area would be best. I would suggest the Hyatt Place North. Very popular with cruisers. About a $10 cab ride to the port. Close to shops, restaurants, Total Wine and Publix grocery. Also the Sun Trolley operates on Saturday and would be just a very short walk to take it. It will take you to the beach and also the Galleria Mall, both only a short ride away. Also the public bus #4o does the same route and stops very close to the hotel. There are several other hotels in the general area including Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Renaissance, and Hilton Marina..

My bolding. The OP is sailing out of Miami. Taxi would be $85.

My bolding. The OP is sailing out of Miami. Taxi would be $85.
Thanks!

Sorry I missed that. In that case I would use Quality Limo Service. We used them last month. Cost was $15 per person or $60.00 for the 4 of us and they picked us up at the Hyatt Pier 66 and took us to the Miami Port. Service was excellent.

Archived