Nashville Tn

travsmom

I would be considered a World Traveler by most standards. But, I'm always looking for places never visited before.

But I'm not using Early Booking on any cruise. The anticipation of waiting that long to leave would run me crazy.

I like to do things on a whim--with little notice. Life is more interesting that way. I only go on trips are a bargain, and frugal travel allows me to go on twice as many vacations. Where neighbors spend their vacations on the beach in Florida, I'm in Europe--or on another cruise--for the same money or less.

Had to click on this thread because I'll be in Nashville for 5 days starting next week. I'm excited.

I've been doing research on things to do but can anyone recommend any must see sights or restaurants?

Check out all the "honkey-tonks" downtown and also go to Printers Alley for some great Karoke....you never know...you may see the next Kenny Chesney there.

Also go to Loveless Cafe for some of the best southern cooking around....especially breakfast. The ham and biscuits are AMAZING! But go early unless you dont mind waiting. A lot of history at this restraunt. I lived in Nashville for 10 years and this was my favorite place to take visitors to get a taste of Nashville and southern food.

But there are a bunch of locally owned dives around town that are excellent for hot chicken or bbq.

Many will suggest the Pancake Pantry downtown...but to me it was ehh. I'd rather go to IHOP with no wait and half the price.

Don't know anything about the Nashville deal, but for several weeks now when I go to the Carnival homepage, it's been promoting Tennessee resident rates for cruises leaving out of NOLA (still weren't better than early saver rates). I haven't had any TN resident rates show for cruises leaving from other ports that I have looked at (Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami).

When I logged on to Carnival recently I saw the same. I thought it was kinda funny...it says "HI TENNESSEE", and then gives the info!!:)

I would be considered a World Traveler by most standards. But, I'm always looking for places never visited before.

But I'm not using Early Booking on any cruise. The anticipation of waiting that long to leave would run me crazy.

I like to do things on a whim--with little notice. Life is more interesting that way. I only go on trips are a bargain, and frugal travel allows me to go on twice as many vacations. Where neighbors spend their vacations on the beach in Florida, I'm in Europe--or on another cruise--for the same money or less.

I did book early saver for our Breeze cruise next year but I also like last minute travel. That's how we are going to Paris for fall break. Booked just 7 weeks from travel for ridiculously low airfare out of Atlanta. We have to drive and park but it is so worth it. Croissants and pan au chocolat from Miss Manon beat WCMC any day.

Archived