Can We Get A Better Deal or Upgrade?

Angie Worthy

I just booked my 6th cruise on Carnival - this one on Sensation for May 29th sailing. I booked it directly with an agent of Carnival who sends me regular e-mail specials. We are traveling - my husband, myself, and two small children - with a couple over 55. The agent suggested that instead of a quad room, which would be away from our traveling partners - we should consider getting (3) rooms together with two in each room. Based on the internet quotes I already had, it seemed to be a good deal.

I paid the balance in full as he said it was required within 60 days of sailing.

My question is this; did I do the right thing in taking his advice for this particular cruise by getting three seperate rooms cheaper, or is it possible to receive an upgrade that will accomodate my family of (4) more suitably? And also keep our friends close by too? I booked all three rooms and paid for all today.

Any help would be great...

Info: SENSATION Departs: May 29th

Ports: Grand Caymen & Cozumel Duration: 5 nts

Thanks!

Angie

A. Worthy

I vote for the 3 rooms. Not only will you be much less crowded, you'll also have an extra bathroom which can come in handy when everyone is getting ready for dinner, excursions, etc at the same time. If might also allow you and your DH some privacy that you wouldn't otherwise have if all 4 of you were in the same room. Were you able to get adjoining cabins by any chance? That would really be helpful, especially if your children are very young. Enjoy!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas 10/03

Question how old are the small children because if the rooms are not togher for sure then there could be a problem. What rooms were you given, are they together on the map. If they are great if not?????

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

Basing my find on a web site I searched your cruise in an inside category 4D- I got a price of 678 pp . if you put 4 in a room the 3rd and 4th will go for 531.pp. Thats a little less then 300 for both.

Now is it worth it for 300 to sqeeze ya'll in one cabin?

3 cabins with 2 people will cost 4068

4 people plus two people will cost 3774 (2 cabins)

I think its cheaper to have three cabins for 6 people.

How old are the kids.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We are booked in U51, U47 and U39 - two rooms are side-by-side, but there is one room between those two together and our friends. Our children are 5 and 8 years respectively.

Thanks!

ANGIE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptData:

Question how old are the small children because if the rooms are not togher for sure then there could be a problem. What rooms were you given, are they together on the map. If they are great if not?????

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A. Worthy

I think that definitely is my answer then... We are in U39, U47, and U51 (the latter side-by-side) with a price of $1,166.66 per CABIN! Our two cabins total $2,333.32 and our friends, of course $1,166.66 for a total for the three of $3,499.98. Again, that is three inside cabins on UPPER deck, 5-night Western Carribean/SENSATION sailing May 29th. Do you think with that deal there would be ANY chance of an upgrade? Just curious?...

-Angie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by serene56:

Basing my find on a web site I searched your cruise in an inside category 4D- I got a price of 678 pp . if you put 4 in a room the 3rd and 4th will go for 531.pp. Thats a little less then 300 for both.

Now is it worth it for 300 to sqeeze ya'll in one cabin?

3 cabins with 2 people will cost 4068

4 people plus two people will cost 3774 (2 cabins)

I think its cheaper to have three cabins for 6 people.

How old are the kids.

Going NOWHERE

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A. Worthy

Angie: If you already have cabin asignements it is a rare occurance to see upgrades. For one they will have to call you and ask if you want the upgrade. Watch prices and if they fall any call the travel agent and ask for a refund. I would stay where you are. As the days go by it will get harder and harder to get three cabins together the way you have.,

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Angie, while the price is not bad it seems a little high for an inside cabin on a five night cruise.

I am on the Grandeur 7 day Western Caribbean on April 17th for 577pp in an outside cabin.

That's 1154 for two people.

My next cruise is on the Destiny 7 day So. Caribbean in Nov. balcony cabin = 673.pp

I just think it's high for five days.

I do agree with the above post, you will be much happier in two cabins with your kids. You will really appreciate the extra bathroom.

Happy sailing!

Donna

Serene56 & DonnaJo -

Thanks so much for your input! I am new to this "chat" stuff, so not entirely sure how to navigate through it all. I am so impressed with the kindness from the "Cruise Critic" members though!! What a great network of people! I love cruising, this one will be my 7th, and am taking my mother for her birthday on her 1st - which will make 8! I will always, always check here and ask questions first before booking and/or paying.

Thanks again!

Angie

A. Worthy

Archived