Island C703

Lrob

Dear Critics:

Have this cabin (C703) booked for Panama Canal Cruise on the Island (per wonderful forum advice). I have read several threads talking about the vibrations high & aft. Some do not even mention it. How is the ride in this area of the ship with regard to vibrations. Should we move if we can? Currently midship suites are taken, but that may change the cruise is a long way off.

Thanks for any input.

I love the 700's and haven't felt vibrations. In fact, we're going to be in D705 for our Panama cruise. I think you'll be very happy with your suite. :) Have you checked out http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html You're suite will be partially covered. It should be perfect and you'll have easy access to aft viewing deck during transit. We like the area because of the proximity to the stairs and less hall traffic.

What is the date of your cruise? Have you joined your roll call? It's a great way to get to know some of your fellow travelers and join in on some private tours.

We've always had cabins in that vicinity & the vibrations never seemed to be a problem. It only occurs on the very aft cabins on most of the ships and even that's debatable. Some people don't mind it & yet my wife thinks it's terrible.

Dear Critics:

Have this cabin (C703) booked for Panama Canal Cruise on the Island (per wonderful forum advice). I have read several threads talking about the vibrations high & aft. Some do not even mention it. How is the ride in this area of the ship with regard to vibrations. Should we move if we can? Currently midship suites are taken, but that may change the cruise is a long way off.

Thanks for any input.

I would stay right where you are. We have been in C704 on The Island twice and love that location as it is very near the rear viewing area and never noticed any vibration.

Mike:)

I had the pleasure of sailing in cabin C 706 in 2009.

I was not bothered by vibrations. There is a slight vibration I recall, only when I was lying in bed before dropping off to blissful sleep.

It is one of my favorite ships and favorite cruises. I wrote a review

Island Princess 19 d. Panama canal review - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic#post14875255#post14875255

Have a great cruise! Bon Voyage!

The vibration that's referred to by many people isn't noticeable until you approach the aft most cabins. It isn't a vibration in that sense but more of a constant jiggling when the ship is underway & when first felt doesn't appear to be anything sever but after a while can be annoying. I've noticed this same thing on their ships when sitting in the Horizon near the furthermost tables.

Dear Critics:

Thanks for any input.

I will never take C202 Mini without balcony again that is a noisy one for to the left of the cabin door there is a staff entrance.The sound of the drummer in Princess Theatre echos up.If its a choppy sea you certainly will feel it. The only time I was ever sea sick.

Archived