Do you go massive shopping before?

Do you? What do you get?

I just went yesterday for all the 'other' stuff for the cruise I will need, like I am bringing Lysol and antibacterial gel, bug stuff, this time and other things like that.... but this weekend will be my big go clothing cruise shopping!!! I am calling it: Kim's Cruise Shopping Date.... hee hee like I am taking myself on a date! I am going by myself and I have the whole day planned! HEE HEE

Since we will be gone from home for 8 days I am not even getting travel sized stuff, I am just bringing my normal sized Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner and my normal Sonicare toothbrush. Just putting them in the big Zip Locs so they don't spill!

This time I am buying a beach bag before we go, out of all these cruises I have always forgotten to get one..... I must get some sort of hat, being in Daytona 2 weekends ago in only 2 hours my scalp burnt.... then I would like to actually for once get semi-dressed like I used to for at least one formal night! I have to buy 2 new swim suits too. I would like to get some Tshirts or light tops. I mostly wear Polo shirts.

Last weekend I bought 3 new pairs of shorts. I am very picky since I am a label hog , I thought I would get the shorts buying out of the way.

:confused:

I've usually done major shopping before a trip. Mostly it's been for the kids.

Hubby fussed at me a week ago when he found out I spent over $400 in two weekends. I explained I had not had new tennis shoes in 2 years. My daughter's feet have grown so she needed new sandals (got 2 pairs). She needed skirts and tops and swimsuits. Always have two suits so that one can be drying as the other one is worn.

I've also lost a few pounds and several inches in the last three months. The slacks I wear to work are really baggy. I got three pairs of pants, all two sizes smaller than the pair I bought after Christmas. I told him I could return the pants and gain the inches back if he wanted. He shut up at that point!

CONGRATS ON the weight loss! I have lost 15 pounds in 13 weeks with WW..... I was looking back when I was on the April cruise I was the biggest I have ever been, so before coming back to weight watches I lost some weight, but now I am actually 22ish pounds lighter on this cruise coming up than I was on the April cruise..... so I have to buy 2 new suits for sure!

Well Hubby is staying home with the doggies on Saturday and I am getting up and spending the day with myself to go shop for clothes. I got the hard stuff out of the way thanks to Dillard's Tommy and CK sections with all the shorts last weekend.... bottoms are always the hardest for me to find... so really besides the yucky swimsuit looking it should be a fun day! LOL

I love to shop. I'm actually going out tomorrow with my brothers fiancee to get some more things. i'm mostly looking for a dress for the 2nd formal night and some shoes. Anything else is a bonus. My BF thinks I'm nuts, but guys never understand! I've been gradually buying things I'll need and want, so I'm pretty much set.

Between now and July when I leave, I'll pick up the other little things I'll need, like sunscreen, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.

My problem is every time I say I'm done, I find something else that is cute, so I get that too!!

Do you? What do you get?

I just went yesterday for all the 'other' stuff for the cruise I will need, like I am bringing Lysol and antibacterial gel, bug stuff, this time and other things like that.... but this weekend will be my big go clothing cruise shopping!!! I am calling it: Kim's Cruise Shopping Date.... hee hee like I am taking myself on a date! I am going by myself and I have the whole day planned! HEE HEE

Since we will be gone from home for 8 days I am not even getting travel sized stuff, I am just bringing my normal sized Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner and my normal Sonicare toothbrush. Just putting them in the big Zip Locs so they don't spill!

This time I am buying a beach bag before we go, out of all these cruises I have always forgotten to get one..... I must get some sort of hat, being in Daytona 2 weekends ago in only 2 hours my scalp burnt.... then I would like to actually for once get semi-dressed like I used to for at least one formal night! I have to buy 2 new swim suits too. I would like to get some Tshirts or light tops. I mostly wear Polo shirts.

Last weekend I bought 3 new pairs of shorts. I am very picky since I am a label hog , I thought I would get the shorts buying out of the way.

:confused:

Since we book our cruises so far in advance (close to a year sometimes), I usually do all our shopping for clothes on the off season when things are on sale. Then a month before the cruise I start buying things like colored duct tape, ziplock bags, etc.

I am looking forward to cruise shopping for the Oct cruise I have coming up with the gals. We have even made a date for our shopping extravaganza! A whole weekend of nothing but shopping, martinis & wine!! We are also going to the spa here at home to get manis & pedis the week of our cruise. It's my bachelorette cruise, so we must look the part!! :cool:

Have a great time shopping & even better time on the cruise! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

No last minute shopping for me. I'm a year-round cruise shopper. I don't even have to have a cruise booked to shop!! It's a very sad affliction. Between cruises I play dress-up or mix-n-match. My cosmetics bag is stuffed. My first-aid kit is full. I own at least one of every single thing that absolutely anyone on these boards has ever mentioned maybe possibly needing on a cruise. I even have a bungee cord although I did not understand what I needed it for when I bought it.

I think I need help!

Love to shop, but I don't do one big spree. I spread it out and do a little here and a little there. I bought a couple of outfits yesterday actually. Still have to buy some new tennis shoes, but not too far out because I want to break them in a little bit. I pretty much have it all down. I am a savings shopper so I will wait items out until they go on sale, clearance is even better...LOL.

Then I have to pack for the DH because he will leave everything at home and ask me why I did not bring it. Got to laugh at that one. I got him some new trunks and water shoes at the end of the summer season last year, so he will be ready to go.

GREAT GIRLS! I LOVE TO SHOP TOO!! ME AND MY SISTER IN LAW HAVE BEEN SHOPPING FOR THE CRUISE SINCE WE BOOKED GOT ALL OF OUR MATCHING SANDALS, CAPRIS, CUTE TOPS. CANT FORGET BATHING SUITS (TWO EACH) WE HAD A GREAT TIME, AND OUR SEXY BLACK DRESSES FOR THE FORMALS.:rolleyes:

CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS, I'M A FIRST TIME CRUISER AND THIS CRUISE WAS MY GOAL I ALSO HAVE LOST OVER 25 LBS!! AND THREE SIZES AND STILL GOING!!! KEEP IT UP!! TOLD HUBBY THE SAME THING HAHA!! WANT ME TO RETURN THE STUFF AND GO BACK TO MY OLD SIZE...I REALLY DON'T THINK SO! ALSO HAVE AN 8-YEAR OLD GIRL SHOPPED FOR HER TOO!! WE HAD FUN!:p

Here's a follow-up question:

Do you ever wear the clothes you buy for your cruise before the cruise gets here, or do you keep them stashed away so they will still be brand new when you wear them on the cruise?

I wear some stuff before, and some I save. Its always fun to have some new things to wear...even though its tempting to wear them before hand. I usually buy so much, I have plenty to wear before I go and plenty that'll be new!!

I have mine all horded under plastic in my cruise closet. I do get something out once in a while for a special occasion. I always make sure I've worn everything at least once and the shoes several times. If a button is going to pop off or a zipper break or a thread pull, I want it to happen before I go. Also sometimes something that looks great while just standing in front of the mirror doesn't work for walking, sitting, dancing, etc. so that's always good to know. I line them up by catagory and preference. The other day I caught myself talking to the capri & top section, telling them who gets to go, who might get to go and who has to stay home.

As I mentioned earlier, I may need some serious help!

I have been shopping little by little, but am now feeling the pinch (cruise is around the corner) to really make sure I have what I "need". I usually never but clothes for myself so I need a lot. Today I bought a dress at Ross for $13! It's a hot pink, spaghetti straps, with light pink hibiscus flowers on it. It should be good for a casual dinner evening.

I do have some things put away to not wear until the cruise so they will be brand new. I have a rolling storage bin under my bed with just cruise stuff in it (including all the little things I've been picking up; hand cleaner, woolite, sunscreen, etc).

Now if I could just find the right formal dress and the right swimsuit..:rolleyes:

Iowagirl, that cracks me up! I can just hear that conversation now! "Now if you're good and match up with those capris, you can go. If not, then back to the closet you go, you bad mismatched top!" Too funny! Sounds like something I would do...:D

This is my first cruise and I'm really trying to hold back on spending the $$$ on clothes before we leave. I did get a new cover up and matching flip flops from Land's End. But if I buy clothes, I won't wear them before the cruise.

Whenever I am buying clothes, I always am thinking, "How will this look on a cruise"? I like to think about how wrinkle free the items will be. As to all of the other things that I take along, I keep them all in a special bag. I have an extra hair dryer, first aid kit, etc. This helps when I start to pack. Then there isn't so much to buy at one time.

Just wish we were going on a curise soon.

I booked our cruise for Aug 7, about this time last year but had been thinking about it a couple of months before then. I've been gradually sewing items, and buying a few to build a new wardrobe. I haven't spent all that much but i've gotten quite a few things. (sewing mostly and frequenting stores like Walmart.) It's been fun. It took a lot of years to get here. (to the cruise) When you buy gradually, it doesn't take such a dip in your budget.

Iowagirl, that cracks me up! I can just hear that conversation now! "Now if you're good and match up with those capris, you can go. If not, then back to the closet you go, you bad mismatched top!" Too funny! Sounds like something I would do...:D

It sounds like you were listening!

This is my first cruise and I'm really trying to hold back on spending the $$$ on clothes before we leave. I did get a new cover up and matching flip flops from Land's End. But if I buy clothes, I won't wear them before the cruise.

Don't let us freak you out about buying a bunch of new stuff. You won't need all that much. Mix & Match is the ay to go. Almost everyone says they took more than they needed.

OH THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!

Seriously, I always thought you were supposed to go on vacation with all new close. Thankfully I have convinced my Husband of the fact. No I don't wear anything before the cruise. The only thing that is not new when we walk out the door is my black dress shoes. hehe By the way that includes socks, underwear (nobody mentioned that?) and a new toothbrush usually new pj's that I never wear, that's a whole other thread! I know it is a complete obssesion.

The sickness has spread, hubby asked me if we were going to go over to Orlando, we live near Tampa to go cruise shopping the end of August for the cruise. I looked uninterested and said, "Well if you think we need a few things!!!"

It must be a family thing my sister bought 4 long dresses and two short for our 5 night cruise for her 5 yr old daughter!

I love cruising!

Burnsie

I've been trying to buy a little bit at a time. I bought the CUTEST beach bag earlier today at Bath & Body works. They have a deal where if you spend 20 dollars you can buy the beach bag for 20 (regularly 36). I went there to buy some body wash and a mesh sponge for the cruise and ended up with the worlds cutest new beach bag! I love it and I LOVE the summery body wash I bought (they didn't have the shimmer lotion which I am going back for I think tomorrow if they get it in).

I need to go cruise shopping but I don't want to blow all of my graduation money on stuff for the cruise - I want some for the cruise and for gambling so I don't have to dive into my first couple of paychecks!

I have some gift cards so I'm ready to use those but alas, I know I'm going to have to break down and spend more money!

Archived