Driving to Elizabeth NJ

ssimon

We are cruising from Bayonne in October and staying at Country Inn and Suites. We will be coming from Syracuse NY area and are very anxious about driving here. Any great tips and or directions to get here? We have trip kit from AAA and a GPS but still afraid of getting lost! Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help.....Ellen

We have driven to Staten Island from Ithaca area twice and using GPS have never had a problem.If you made a wrong turn(which we did the first time)GPS will redirect you.Just have someone watching the GPS with you because the exits come up pretty close the closer you get to the city.

Laura

Once you get onto the NJ TUrnpike you are fine....take exit 13A (stay to the right if possible..)and follow the signs to Jersey Gardens.....slightly before the mall you will see several hotels on the left. Turn left at that light onto Kapkowski Blvd, then left at the next light onto GLimcher Realty way and the CI will be there on the right...just past Ruby Tuesday...

Print out mapquest/google maps directions as the GPS signals sometimes flake out...

the hotel you selected is easy to get to, just take 13A and you are all set...

Thank you for the quick replies. You have made me feel better about the drive. Looking at the Tripkit made me really nervous. Meg, you are so very helpful....Ellen

thanks...i try!!:o:p expect traffic near the airport...you will be a little bit south...(like 5 minutes...) just pay attention to signs....once you get to the turnpike it shouldn't be a problem...

it is pretty easy....just sounds complicated...you will see the Courtyard first, and the residence inn (from the ramp off the NJTPK) - they are all next to one another...the Country Inn will actually be the 1st hotel you drive by once you are into the little complex....

Coming from Syracuse, you may never reach the Turnpike. Assuming you travel on I-81 into PA, you will mostly likely be directed to I-80 to I-287 to Rt 24 to I-78. From there, the GPS might direct you to Rt 1/9 South instead of the Turnpike. Did I make you nervous with all that? Don't worry. Regardless of which way you go, it's very easy. And the drive to the Port in Bayonne from Elizabeth is only 15 minutes.

Wow, am I really anxious now! We really hate driving in downtown Syracuse and this is really making me nuts! We have hired Independant Driver to pick us up at Country Inn. If we could have we would have been driven all the way from home we would have!😳 Hopefully when we get home after the cruise we will feel much better about the drive. We are also driving down in March to Manhatten for another cruise so maybe this will help aliavate the stress we feel. Please tell me it's not too bad!

Wow, am I really anxious now! We really hate driving in downtown Syracuse and this is really making me nuts! We have hired Independant Driver to pick us up at Country Inn. If we could have we would have been driven all the way from home we would have!😳 Hopefully when we get home after the cruise we will feel much better about the drive. We are also driving down in March to Manhatten for another cruise so maybe this will help aliavate the stress we feel. Please tell me it's not too bad!

It is NOT too bad...just stay OFF routes 1/9...you are not driving in downtown!!

Really.........once you get to the NJTpke.....you are ok.

as for Manhattan...i haven't driven into NYC but from what i understand...getting to that cruise pier is VERY easy...it's basically right out of one of the tunnels...or a bridge...i forget...in any event, everyone i know who has done that suggests that it is VERY easy...the worst part is the $35-ish dollar a day parking.....

We are going with our daughter and son in law and I was thinking about staying in New Jersey and parking at a hotel there and getting Independant Driver again. Not sure it will work out but traveling the day of from Syracuse in March is not an option for me. Chance of a snowstorm is too great!:eek:

It is NOT too bad...just stay OFF routes 1/9...you are not driving in downtown!!

Really.........once you get to the NJTpke.....you are ok.

as for Manhattan...i haven't driven into NYC but from what i understand...getting to that cruise pier is VERY easy...it's basically right out of one of the tunnels...or a bridge...i forget...in any event, everyone i know who has done that suggests that it is VERY easy...the worst part is the $35-ish dollar a day parking.....

Yes...very easy...the cruise terminal is just a few blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel.If you're used to NY City parking prices $35 a day doesn't make you blink either.

Archived