To Bonnie Voyager!!

ciship

Hi Bonnie, just wanted you to know that after waiting weeks/months to book the Mariner, RCCL finally opened up booking for Summer 2006 yesterday. I jumped right on it, but I STILL wasnt able to get cabins 1688/1388 or even 7688/7388!! I was really bummed :(

My 3rd choice was the RFS, but we only have 4 people, so they wouldnt let us book that, so after ALL that I finally got my 4TH choice which was the corner aft 9390 with an inside for the kids right across the hall. I was disappointed because this will be our first aft cabin and I know this balcony is smaller than the others. Boo Hoo!!

I put myself on the waiting list for 1388/1688 and 7688/7388 and I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

Just wanted to give you an update since you had helped me so much.

CISHIP

Did you call Royal directly to fidn if this cabin is indeed NOT available. Ask if the cabins have deposits..and state that you are ready to deposit NOW>

Also call every day to see if its available. Maybe the opther people just have a hold on it..and didnt deposit.

OR find out if an agent has that cabin on hold. Dont just take it for granted that because you put a cabnin on a waiting list it will happen.

Serene56,

Yes, I booked directly with RCCL and they said they cannot "hold" a cabin unless it has a deposit on it. That's when I put the cabins on a waiting list.

I wonder what the point is to put me on a waiting list if they arent going to honor it if it becomes available??

Hey Serene56, have you seen cabin 9390 and it's balcony in person?

Serene,

I just called and cabin 1388 was available!!!!!!!! However, the rep I talked to said I had to talk to the original person who booked me and transferred me to her!! I got her voicemail and left an urgent message. By the time she gets it, it's going to be GONE!!!

Serene56......we got it!! Thank you so much for prompting me to call today. I called back twice and finally insisted on them making the changes before 1388 got away from me. I got 1377 across the hall for my kids.

I have been reading that 1388/1688 have to have at least 3 people booked in them, but they didnt mention anything at all to me about this??? Can they take this cabin away from me in the future? We are booked for July 2006. I don't think they should be able to since they never warned me about it.

What do you think?

ciship

they should have told you ut they didnt so you are safe.. what you didnt know....right---lol

Glad ya listened to me. very happy you called- I knew if you were persistant you would have gotten that cabin..

See what I mean about the waiting list? they never called you did they.

Curious question--how many kids are in the hall across the way? coz that cabin does hold 4.-- if you have three kids== book one in with you to be safe and make the change once onboard.

No, they never called to tell me. It was just a fluke that I saw your posting and decided to take a chance and call.

How am I going to protect myself when and if they call to tell me they are bumping me out of that cabin b/c they need it for 3 people? It will be their word against mine.

The only thing I can think to do to keep it is to move my kids into 1388 with us and that will make it four people in there. I would just have to cancel the inside cabin. That will be a bummer!!!

Nope......just two kids in the inside cabin.

I'm still trying to think of a way to protect myself. If they try to take that cabin away from me, they better have an Owners Suite taking it's place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Just add a third name to the booking in cabin 1388.....Just make it up if you want, and make sure just before final payment is due you take the third person off that booking. I highly doubt they would take away the cabin from you after you had it all that time. Plus by doing this you wouldn't have to keep checking whether they bumped you from the cabin or not until aleast 70 days and under before your cruise next year.

Jimbo:)

Jimbo...that's an interesting thought process.....I just might do that!

Serene56 - I'm just saying if they bump me from that cabin, they better have a replacement as good as an OS......not just another D1 cabin somewhere on the ship.

Good work serene and ciship! ciship, how old are your kids? If they are young (or small), you would probably be fine with the 4 of you all in 1388! It is really very roomy! You can have a roll-away cot brought in too so the kids don't have to share the sofa bed if they don't want to. The only "glitch" to booking a fake 3rd passenger in 1388 (besides the fact that it is deceptive) is that you have to pay a deposit for that passenger. Of course, when you cancel the "phantom" passenger's booking at final payment that deposit would just go toward your final payment, but it is just something to consider. ;) Now, yet another far-fetch but workable idea if you are really, really concerned about losing 1388, is that you could book three of you in 1388 and one of you in the inside cabin. It will cost more because the single passenger in the inside cabin would have to pay the higher single occupancy rate. But then again, the 3rd passenger in 1388 will be paying a 3rd passenger rate for the D1 versus and 2nd passenger rate for a category L or whatever it is, so it might even be a wash financially, but it would guarantee that you have the two cabins you want and when you arrive you just have the 2 kids sleep in the inside cabin and the 2 adults in 1388. Oh, the tangled web we weave! :( I remember the good old days when no one wanted to book an aft cabin because the myth was that they were not desirable and they were always available and usually at a bargain price! Now we have to plot and plan and PAY to get our afts! I'll keep doing it though! :D

Good to hear from you Bonnie!!! Arent you proud of me for getting that cabin! Actually, Serene56 lit a fire under me yesterday when I was feeling like I had already "bothered" RCCL customer service too much. I'm so glad she prompted me to call again!

Regarding my two kids.....a 9 year old and a 13 year old. We enjoy our cabins and spend more time in them then most I guess. We like the privacy and quiet. I just can't imagine all four of us in there together. We are all shower hogs too (and mirror hogs)....yikes!!

Do you think I should call RCCL and discuss it with them? I don't understand why they didnt say anything about the risk of just having two persons in that cabin??? If they take the cabin away from me, what will they offer me instead?

Emailed my most favorite RCCL customer service rep about getting bumped from 1388 and he emailed me back promptly saying:

"because the other cabin is linked with a higher priced balcony cabin, they won't be bumped unless payment is not made on time!"

Now, I have it in writing (email writing) for documented proof of what I was told.......and can set my mind at ease.

Just fyi.....

ciship

"because the other cabin is linked with a higher priced balcony cabin, they won't be bumped unless payment is not made on time!"

ciship

ok- now read what you wrote. it seems that your agent replied about the inside cabin...since it is that cabin that is linked with a higher priced BALCONY cabin. THEY wont be bumped... cover your buttt-- I mean balcony- Just in case.

ok- now read what you wrote. it seems that your agent replied about the inside cabin...since it is that cabin that is linked with a higher priced BALCONY cabin. THEY wont be bumped... cover your buttt-- I mean balcony- Just in case.

Ok, I called RCCL back this morning and talked to my favorite guy. He assured me again that I will not get bumped from 1388. He said he was referring to 1388 in his previous email and just worded it funny. I told him I needed email assurance and documentation for my protection and he emailed me with this:

In the words of a famous relaxed songwriter, "Don't worry, Be happy!" You are safe. :)

awww, sweet. Sorry to throw kinks into your works-- but the way you worded the last post I thought it was about the OTHER balcony- at least now you are protected.

This is very interesting to me since we have 7388 booked on the Mariner in April 06. We booked it with three in the room , but would love to move our son into an inside with a friend and have the room to ourselves. No inside rooms show on expedia now, and the room they do show available (7382) would cost us an additional $500 for him. I too am afraid of having the room taken from us if we do not have 3 booked in there, although I know people have had it as a two person room. Should we try and get another cabin with the "ghost passenger" staying with us until the last minute; and if we do that do we risk losing our room? Anyone with experience know if any inside cabins will open between now and then? I have learned so much reading these boards I figured it can't hurt to ask! Thanks!

Gail

Archived