Pier pickup. Any problems with doing doc this way?

texfinn

Hello!

When we booked our cruise, the agent told us to do pier pickup so we took his advice (we are first-time cruisers). Now I hear of everyone getting papers and am wondering if we did the wrong thing. Any tips for doing a pier pickup?

Thanks!

Mati

Mati,

When I did pier pickup once with Carnival, they had a separate table set up outside the cruise terminal. It was very simple and very quick. This is a common occurance usually experienced by cruisers that book within maybe 3 or even 4 weeks prior to the cruise.

Which cruise line are you sailing with? I ask because there are some forms you can fill out online that will speed your embarkation!

Thanks Carzsea,

That makes me feel better. We are sailing on RCI. I have filled out the online docs already but was getting nervous about the pier pickup thing. We plan on going early so hopefully it shouldn't be a big deal.

Have a good day!

Mati

Mati,

As I remember it, the first thing you will do when you jump out of the cab or get off the Carnival shuttle at the pier is hold onto your luggage. Do not give it to a porter. Ask the Porter that will want to take your luggage that you need to be directed to the PIER PICKUP DESK in order to get your documents. They will point you in the right direction.

Once you arrive at the desk, there will be a representative from the cruise line there to take your ID's to confirm your identity, so have them ready. The Rep. will go thru his or her file and pull your documents and ask you to verify the information(short time). Then you sign away and you will be given your luggage tags to fill out that will get your luggage delivered to your cabin. Once you have attached them to your luggage, you're ready to find a porter to give them to($1 to $2 per bag). There may even be a porter that is assigned to that desk or the Rep. will guide you to a porter!

After you drop your luggage off with the porter you're ready to enter the terminal building and go thru the same process of embarkation that all the rest of the document holding passengers go thru. Remember to fill out and sign the form in the document book for your SIGN AND SAIL CARD to have ready for the next Rep. you will encounter at the registration desk inside the terminal building. The Rep.will also need to see your I.D. , your boarding pass and the credit card you plan to use for your sign and sail account.

Good Luck, it's simple. You're going to be just fine. Remember, take your time, don't rush, you're on VACATION!!!!!!! Take in every memory and have a blast!

Jonathan

Our online TA asked us if we wanted pier pickup and I thought it might be a good idea but my partner wants to see/hold the tickets.

What is the usual time for the tickets to be issued and then to be sent out. As we live in Sydney and the tickets will be coming from the US I'm a bit worried that if we ask for the tickets to be sent to us 1) they may get lost via US mail and Australia Post 2) there might not be a lot of time between when they are sent til embarkation day.

Should I ask for them to be sent via registered mail and hope they get here in time or just get pier pickup???

Kim

We had an Aussie TA last time and she handed our tickets to us in her office so this time it will be different. BTW we are going Princess, cruise is for Xmas/New Year.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimba_99

If you filled everything out on line I would print this out and take it with me along with photo ID. I took my printout as well as my tickets. Good luck and enjoy.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

Archived