Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

I was wondering if there are any cabanas close to the children's area? I realize most people want privacy, but we are taking our children, (dd-17, dd-15 and ds-8) and of course the ds will take one look at it and never want to leave. I was thinking if there were some close to that then we would still have the luxury of a cabana and still be able to keep him occupied and within eyesight of dh and I.

BTW, I still giggle every single time I think of the "manly, man with the pink thong"!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the picture of Wil holding Sam! I have that one as my desktop photo.

I'll see if we can get Dave to come back and finish up with Grand Cayman since you all HAVE to see our pics of Sting Ray City. He and Alicia just bought a house and are up to their ears in projects. :) Cherl

Hey everyone! I am so sorry I did not post the Grand Cayman portion of our B2B! I thought it was all there but then TXmom just shook me the other day and told me it was not on here! I am so sorry about that. Here comes the rest of the journey!

We had some friends who had visited Grand Cayman before and they just raved about going to Rum Pointe. They said it was full of hammocks, quiet beaches, and some great food. Being the type of people who really enjoy the quiet, surreal life this was right up out alley. The only thing is the Rum Pointe is only really accesible by boat. If you were to book a taxi, you would be paying an enormous taxi fare to get there plus it would be quiet a time waste getting there because it is so far out of the way. We were so pumped to find out that Carnival has an excursion to Rum Pointe and it was a no brainer that thats where we wanted to go. Our friends thought that this was an excellent idea as well and agreed to join us.

On our previous trip into Cayman, we did Sting Ray City and were convinced that this needed to be done again. The rays are so docile and the water is so awesome we could not wait to do it again. One of our friends, Cherl, had done a Sting Ray encounter in another country and said it was so-so. I could not wait to show her what a real Sting Ray City was like!

That morning we go up and had time to kick around and take it easy as we did not get into Cayman until a little later in the day. We went to the MDR to have breakfast and eat some of the awesome french toast! Let me tell you, their french toast is the most awesome I have ever had and I highly recommend you getting it EVERY day. While we were sitting at a table of 8, we were talking with all the other couples there and we were exchanging stories about what we were going to do during the day. We found out one couple was going to be on our excursion with us too. We swapped stories and funny things that had happened on our cruise and enjoyed breakfast together. We never really volunteered the information that this was our second cruise because we discovered that when you did that, people get jealous quick!!!

We went down and were in one of the first tender ships to head to the shores of Cayman. Cherl was an expert at making sure everyone was ready to go in a timely fashion.

When we arrived at the tender drop off, we had time to have a leisurely stroll around the terminal. I have always been intrigued by what the prices of the excursions are on shore so I snapped the following pics to give you an idea of what is in the terminal or just outside of the gates of the terminal.

file-2031.jpg

file-1462.jpg

file-1610.jpg

file-653.jpg

file-1633.jpg

After waiting in the meeting area, we walked to the van that was going to take us to the boat for Stingray City and Rum Pointe. The van had "Kelly's Tours" written on it but I could not find any info about the from my research on the internet. The vehicle was well-maintained and had a great a/c unit!

file-2418.jpg

Our guide was very knowledgeable and did a great job in answering questions. Did you know in Grand Cayman not even the police carry guns?

file-1737.jpg

We arrived at our boat after a 10 minute drive and were ushered on board. Much different size in comparison to the Destiny!

file-207.jpg

After a quick briefing and everyone getting fitted with a life vest, we began to make our way through the channel and out into open waters.

file-1984.jpg

This will be my home....one day!

file-1796.jpg

Aren't we just the cutest thing you have ever seen?!?!

file-1034.jpg

When we arrived at Sting Ray City, we saw there were some boats already there. I can tell you this, we did not feel crowded and the rays were plentiful. If you come to Grand Cayman and do not visit Sting Ray City, you are missing an incredible experience!

file-1390.jpg

Our guides gave us some instruction on how to handle the rays and not get into any trouble. He actually caught a ray and brought it up to show us. Ok, maybe it isn't a real one but it definitely was nice to have some instruction.

file-2133.jpg

As I began to walk down the ladder of the boat, a massive ray came right underneath the ladder. I will admit that it made me quite hesitant to climb in but these creatures are so gentle and docile, they make you feel right at home.

file-2416.jpg

Sam is giving the ray a little bit of love! I hear that kissing a ray gives good luck!

file-1870.jpg

Alicia said the kisses from the ray holding nothing to kissing with me!

file-601.jpg

C'mon Cherl, pucker up!

file-698.jpg

I will just stick with holding them!

file-2351.jpg

Just kidding because I need all the luck I can get!

file-259.jpg

Wil seems just a little timid!

file-2354.jpg

I think this is such a great pic of Sam and Anna!

file-1216.jpg

While snorkeling around Sting Ray City, I saw a conch shell and decided to pick it up and see if there was life inside. Sure enough, you could see him all comfy inside the shell.

file-776.jpg

file-1172.jpg

The shell was weathered from the water but also was very pretty in my opinion. Such a display a God's creation!

Here is everyone near our boat checking out the Rays.

file-235.jpg

file-874.jpg

After being there for around 30 minutes or so, we were called back to the vessel to continue on to Rum Pointe. When we came back on the boat, there was freshwater to rinse us all off.

file-631.jpg

file-867.jpg

Love this pic of Wil! He looks like his "give a rip" is broken but I assure you he is having a great time!

file-691.jpg

While we were just beginning to leave, the Cayman Port Police came by to check on everyone and make sure all were safe. Definitely a comfort to know all is well and taken care of through Carnival!

file-2438.jpg

After a 20 minute ride through the open water, we made our way to Rum Pointe. As we began to approach, you could not see very many people on the shore or in the water. I would guess maybe 30 people there with us that day. That is my kind of crowd!

file-1516.jpg

file-948.jpg

file-2465.jpg

This place was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

After walking the dock, we went to find some lunch at the pavilion/bar. It was not a far walk at all from the dock.

file-1849.jpg

file-2173.jpg

file-876.jpg

file-535.jpg

While there I had the very best thing that I ate on the entire B2B journey! I ordered a steak sandwhich and fries that had a side of jerk mayo. This was the best thing I ever ate and Wil agreed with me too. If you are ever in Rum Pointe and do not order this dish, I will personally come to you and shake you violently!

file-1473.jpg

Alicia ordered a wrap of some sort and thought that it was incredibly tasty too!

file-463.jpg

After lunch, Anna and I went snorkeling and it was awesome. We were told that snorkeling under the dock would reveal some interesting fish. While we were under there, an 8ft barracuda came to visit us. We were amazed but how he glided in the water and did not seem to mind any of us being there. We told the guys on the shore about him and found out his name is Barry and he has been under the dock for about 4 years. Thanks to Anna for swimming with me and experiencing the magic of Cayman.

We began the long, lonely walk back to the boat which would take us back to our shuttle. Actually it was not long and was not lonely. Maybe it was just the thought of knowing our B2B adventure was about to be over.

file-788.jpg

Goodbye Rum Pointe!

file-1257.jpg

It took about 45 minutes to trek across the harbor and then we were back to our shuttle. The shuttle took us back to the terminal and after some quick grabs of rum cake at the tortuga shop, we were the next-to-the-last tender back. What sadness it was knowing the next land we would step on would be Miami.

file-1736.jpg

That night for dinner, I had a steak and my wife had the mac 'n cheese. Gusti was kind enough to bring me a sample of his spicy concoction from his room. Let me tell you it was enough to raise a 5 alarm fire in my mouth. He and Francisco laughed at me while telling me "not too much" when using it. Who knows what the name is but it is probably not something to be played with by rookies like me!

file-1246.jpg

file-962.jpg

file-395.jpg

The next day was basically spent by us three couples sitting around and laughing and sharing pictures of our 10 day adventure. I do not have any photos to share of our final day at sea. This was a day that was more for us just spending time without trying to snap pictures and remember details for a review. This was a day to prepare to say goodbye to friends.

At dinner that night, Francisco, Gusti, and the waitstaff sang their goodbyes. Last time they sang we did not even listen because we knew we were not going anywhere. This time, we knew we were about to say goodbye.

file-281.jpg

We awoke the next morning the dark skies and rain. Probably it was God crying because our journey was over! We said our goodbyes to Sam, Anna, Wil, and Cherl. We grabbed a cab and waved to the Destiny and thanked her for being such an incredible hostess. She was a great ship that provided my wife and I with memories that will last a lifetime!

Thanks for joining us on our B2B adventure!

This was, without a doubt, my favorite cruise EVER! We were lucky to meet such sweet, fun couples.

And, for the record, I did not crack the whip in Grand Cayman--it was Sam who was afraid we would miss the excursion. :p:p

Thanks so much for all your time and effort on this wonderful review!! I am so torn as to which cruise to book next. You made all the ports out to be perfect. I feel like I was almost on the cruise with you guys! I have been to all of these ports and yet you made each one seem like a brand new port. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for all your time and effort on this wonderful review!! I am so torn as to which cruise to book next. You made all the ports out to be perfect. I feel like I was almost on the cruise with you guys! I have been to all of these ports and yet you made each one seem like a brand new port. Thanks again!

In my opinion, again just an opinion, Grand Cayman and Half Moon Cay would be the two best ports on the whole trip. Between the two, it is a coin flip!

And, for the record, I did not crack the whip in Grand Cayman--it was Sam who was afraid we would miss the excursion. :p:p

My bad Cherl! Now that you say it, I remember Sam was def anal about departure times! Hey, if it were not for him, we would all still be at Rum Pointe sitting on the beach.

Pastor,

Thanks for the great review. I know your time must be in short supply and it was very generous of you to provide us with such a detailed and informational account.

My husband is also a pastor. We'll be on the Destiny next week. You said earlier in your review that you volunteered to lead services for the passengers and crew. Can you tell us what your experience was, please? How was the service made known to the passengers? Did you do a service for the crew?

Thanks,

Alice