Margaritaville Falmouth

PEBBarney

Just returned from the Indy on the 13th, and if this the building, then its no where near finished. It looks like it could be a Margarittaville, lots of wood, tiki looking buildings etc. Not even close tho... I didn't even see a gift shop?? Does anyone know where the gift shop is?

20130110_095643.jpg

Yes, thanks for the picture. Guess we won't be going there for Valentine's!

Wow... not much progress from what was posted from Nov.7th :(

At that point, management was declaring an end of January opening with certainty.... Yeah, that ain't going to happen. Based on this progress, it's looking less and less hopeful for our sailing in 6 weeks :(... bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Was there last week. I have a picture and I will post it in the next day or so. Suffice to say it won't be opening in January, and probably not February.

Saw some T shirts for sale that say it all: Jamaica. Just Do It..............Later.

Was there last week. I have a picture and I will post it in the next day or so. Suffice to say it won't be opening in January, and probably not February.

Saw some T shirts for sale that say it all: Jamaica. Just Do It..............Later.

Did it look any or much further along than the last poster's pic?

24 January 2013. Still a LOOOOOOONG way to go. What you cannot see in this photo is the front side. It is an empty lot where I assume the outdoor area will be. The building is literally an empty shell. We actually watched them disassemble part of the roof structure that appeared to be built.

550257_325475907570170_1526109625_n.jpg

We have enjoyed Margarittaville in both Ochos Rios and Grand Caymen. Both of these had pools at the bar and Ochos also had a water slide that went through the bar.

Never tried any beer there.

I drink mostly beer so one place to another it's all the same stuff :rolleyes:.

I've been watching for this opening in Falmouth only because there doesn't seem to be much we want to do at this port.

Looking at the pics, it looks like between the 13th and the 24th the roof got framed. Hard to say what the completion date will be.

Keep the pics coming guys!

shaklee - it's one of those love/hate places for a lot of people. Standard bar food. Some of them have pools, as someone said, OR you can waterslide into the ocean and they had some water toys. Often there is a dj with games/entertainment/craziness. Some have little stages for people to dance or act stupid. ;) I say that with affection - sometimes it's fun to be "stupid" on vacation. Each one seems to have a different "vibe" or unique feature.

I hope Falmouth hurries up - we would really like it to be ready when we get there. Unfortunately, it's not looking good. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a picture from this past week. The thatched structure is mostly finished, but the adjacent building is still under construction and the outside area is a pile of dirt. There was loud construction going on the entire time the ship was docked. The pirate ship entrance area was finished but behind construction walls.

yrahe5y8.jpg

u5ahabej.jpg

I'll have some better pictures from my real camera, but those will have to wait until I get to a computer.

Here's a picture from this past week. The thatched structure is mostly finished, but the adjacent building is still under construction and the outside area is a pile of dirt. There was loud construction going on the entire time the ship was docked. The pirate ship entrance area was finished but behind construction walls.

yrahe5y8.jpg

u5ahabej.jpg

I'll have some better pictures from my real camera, but those will have to wait until I get to a computer.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your other pictures :)

can't wait for this one to get opened! Was here last week and have the same pictures. Went to Montego Bay, but was very disappointed! Hey Babyblueyz- my daughter, Emily from San Diego won the national margaritaville recipe contest! Apparently they will be serving her Cabana Boy Rita in all restaurants this Friday! How cool is that!:D

Archived