Favorite Cruise Wedding Memory

liljay6915

I thought it would be fun to hear your favorite moment (other than getting to marry you SO) from cruise weddings. It is such a fun/unique way to tie the knot i'm sure there are some great memories to be shared!

I'll Start :)

After our wedding as we were sailing out of Ocho Rios my whole wedding party was on the heli pad at the bow still all dressed up and the captin sounded to horn to "here comes the bride". It was so wonderful we were all dancing around and everyone around us was clapping, just a little extra that I will never forget!

Actually, I just thought of another moment from right before the ceremony that I really loved. We were waiting for the elevators to go to the ceremony and a little boy of about 4 or 5 showed up with his parents. He pointed at me and said "Look mommy! It's the princess!" (we were on Princess Cruise Lines so maybe he thought it was my ship(?) His mother sushed him and scurried him down the stairs but I felt amazing.

Actually, I just thought of another moment from right before the ceremony that I really loved. We were waiting for the elevators to go to the ceremony and a little boy of about 4 or 5 showed up with his parents. He pointed at me and said "Look mommy! It's the princess!" (we were on Princess Cruise Lines so maybe he thought it was my ship(?) His mother sushed him and scurried him down the stairs but I felt amazing.

:D

How cute.

Our funniest right after the wedding moment was when one of the carnival photographers at her station for the night asked us (in a bit of a snotty tone) why we were so dressed up for the first night. Um I don't know but I thought wedding dress indicated wedding? :-) Before the wedding quite a few people asked my DH for directions and assistance assuming he was part of the crew:-)

The whole thing was great -- including the ceremony, dinner we had the night after with all of our sailing guests at Teppanyaki, and cocktail party we had on the last sea day, as well as things like getting to see our pictures and all of the fun things we did in Bermuda both on our own and with some of our family/friends. But honestly, my favorite part was when the ceremony was over and I changed into my comfortable casual clothes and knew that we'd made it through the wedding and it was finally time to just relax and enjoy the cruise!!

Archived