How much is lunch in the Italian reataurant?

granni10

The lunch pasta bar is included in the cruise fare

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Carnival_Magics_Cucina_del_Capitano.htm

Cucina del Capitano, “The Captain’s Kitchen”, is a homage to Carnival’s rich Italian lineage. All of the Carnival captains are Italian and many Carnival ships, including the Carnival Magic are built in Italy.

Cucina del Capitano is a delicious dinner-time option with made-to-order Italian favorites in comfortable, relaxed surroundings. Guests can dine on hand-made pastas, risotto and fresh-from-the-oven Italian specialties, many served family style and complemented by a wine list specializing in Italian vintages. Many of the dishes and recipes were hand-selected by Carnival’s captains.

Framed archival photographs, many from the captains’ personal collections, table arrangements that invite conversation, wood-beam ceilings and ornate wrought ironwork recreate the ambiance of a cozy Italian home, while warm, attentive service makes diners feel like they are part of the family. The venue not only boasts singing and dancing waiters and waitresses alongside a barrel of Chianti on wheels, but also has a loop of 65 hand-selected, Italian-themed songs. Truly an unforgettable dining experience.

Cucina del Capitano is an alternative to eating in the Main Dining Room. Open nightly for dinner, the restaurant features an a la carte menu with family-style offerings. The restaurant is also open for lunch with a complimentary made-to-order pasta bar.

What do they serve besides spagetti? Is it worth going to? I like italian food. I want to enjoy this vacation,, and I would like to do somethig different, am I better off going to the Bar B/Q?

Thanks I do like Italian food.

The Cucina is great. There are lots of options. The lasagne is delicious, as is the calamari. Free at lunch, probably worth the 12 bucks at dinner too. Especially if the MDR doesn't have one of your favorites that night. We'll be trying it for dinner this cruise, Breeze 12-16-12, Mom, Dad, & three kids 13,11,and 7. Did Steakhouse without the kids last year on Magic, loved that too.

I wish I had know that it was free for lunch last year on The Magic. A big group of us ate there for dinner toward the end of the cruise and I thought it was worth every penny. We will be on The Breeeze this November and I plan to eat lunch there since it is free.

We ate there at lunch a couple of times on our recent Breeze cruise. The pasta was very very good! You can get it custom made and it was fab! We did not go there for dinner, since to be honest, we were also eating Italian food every day for lunch when we were in the various ports and doing all day tours. The place is gorgeous and both times we went, not crowded.

I was sold at the word Calamari. Is this on the Magic as well?

Me too! I wonder if its good, aka not tough & greasy. Do they have calimari at lunch too? I wonder what they offer at night that isn't available during the lunch. Is caesar the only dressing? No italian dressing at an italian restaurant?

Me too! I wonder if its good, aka not tough & greasy. Do they have calimari at lunch too? I wonder what they offer at night that isn't available during the lunch. Is caesar the only dressing? No italian dressing at an italian restaurant?

Just Caesar salad. You could make a salad from the buffet on Lido with different dressings and bring it with at lunch.

The dinner menu: https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/cucinadelcapitano.pdf

Is this available on the Conquest? I leave on her tomorrow. (Actually I guess later today.) I was wondering if there was anywhere to eat lunch on embarkation day other than the buffet on the lido deck. We have been traveling NCL for the past several cruises and they always have one of the main dining rooms open for lunch and it is much less crowded than the buffet so we were hoping CCL offered something like this as an option.

Is this available on the Conquest? I leave on her tomorrow. (Actually I guess later today.) I was wondering if there was anywhere to eat lunch on embarkation day other than the buffet on the lido deck. We have been traveling NCL for the past several cruises and they always have one of the main dining rooms open for lunch and it is much less crowded than the buffet so we were hoping CCL offered something like this as an option.

Not on the Conquest, but there is a fish n chips place on the 2nd floor of lisp (follow the stairs up at the back of the buffet)

Yum! .... but I prefer Capitano on Magic ;)

Archived