Oasis second time around!

mlmbar

Just sailed on Oasis 9/15, Western Itinerary. Last year did the Eastern last week of Sept. This cruise was even better than the first one! We met amazing people and the service was superb!

Embarkation was a snap. Now that we are gold we got right up to the desk to get our sea passes. No one else was in line yet! We were on the ship by 11:45. There is a lot to be said about familiarity on such a large ship! We went right to park Cafe while others were still boarding.

We were a little afraid that we might be disappointed the second time around but were definitely not! There was much that we had not seen/done last year. We met wonderful people!

We succeeded in NEVER eating in the main dining room! We had the central Park restaurant package and suggested it to a number of others who bought on the ship. We should get a cut from RCI! LOVED Chops and Giovanni's. 150 Central was good, we had been there before, but were not blown away by the menu. Would have repeated Chops if we could have. We also had the Tapas at Vintages twice for dinner. The beach party at Seafood Shack was a lot of fun and very good. We also dined in the Solarium Bistro and it was quite good withy lovely ambiance but very empty,. I think advertising it as "healthy" is a mistake! LOL!

Our excursions were equally great! We did the Chukka Beach Break with lunch and the beach was lovely. Lunch was pretty good, also. In Cozumel we did the Passion Island Escape by Catamaran and that was outstanding. The boat ride was a great way to see the coastline and the island was gorgeous. The sand was white and soft and the water warm and totally stunning. We had angel fish kissing our fingers in the water. Lunch and drinks were all inclusive and they sure were not stingy with the drinks!

Second day, room service sent us the wrong breakfast so we just called and very nicely asked if they would send us the correct one. We received it in ten minutes and everyday after that, we got little goodies in our cabin from the room service staff in apology. We had chocolate covered strawberries, fruit plate, assorted chocolate covered cookies, and red velvet cupcakes!!!!

Only saw the Aqua Show from deck 11. Not real show goers! LOL!

Definitely going back next year! Going to try to see some shows and also take advantage of some spa services! Sad to leave the ship!!!

Just sailed on Oasis 9/15, Western Itinerary. Last year did the Eastern last week of Sept. This cruise was even better than the first one! We met amazing people and the service was superb!

Embarkation was a snap. Now that we are gold we got right up to the desk to get our sea passes. No one else was in line yet! We were on the ship by 11:45. There is a lot to be said about familiarity on such a large ship! We went right to park Cafe while others were still boarding.

We were a little afraid that we might be disappointed the second time around but were definitely not! There was much that we had not seen/done last year. We met wonderful people!

We succeeded in NEVER eating in the main dining room! We had the central Park restaurant package and suggested it to a number of others who bought on the ship. We should get a cut from RCI! LOVED Chops and Giovanni's. 150 Central was good, we had been there before, but were not blown away by the menu. Would have repeated Chops if we could have. We also had the Tapas at Vintages twice for dinner. The beach party at Seafood Shack was a lot of fun and very good. We also dined in the Solarium Bistro and it was quite good withy lovely ambiance but very empty,. I think advertising it as "healthy" is a mistake! LOL!

Our excursions were equally great! We did the Chukka Beach Break with lunch and the beach was lovely. Lunch was pretty good, also. In Cozumel we did the Passion Island Escape by Catamaran and that was outstanding. The boat ride was a great way to see the coastline and the island was gorgeous. The sand was white and soft and the water warm and totally stunning. We had angel fish kissing our fingers in the water. Lunch and drinks were all inclusive and they sure were not stingy with the drinks!

Second day, room service sent us the wrong breakfast so we just called and very nicely asked if they would send us the correct one. We received it in ten minutes and everyday after that, we got little goodies in our cabin from the room service staff in apology. We had chocolate covered strawberries, fruit plate, assorted chocolate covered cookies, and red velvet cupcakes!!!!

Only saw the Aqua Show from deck 11. Not real show goers! LOL!

Definitely going back next year! Going to try to see some shows and also take advantage of some spa services! Sad to leave the ship!!!

We were on that cruise too, we succeeded in never eating a meal in the Windjammer.

We were on that cruise too, we succeeded in never eating a meal in the Windjammer.

LOL! We had breakfast there the last day and on Wednesday (god knows why). My friend felt sick all day after eating the hash browns because they were greasy and we don't eat grreasy food. We had breakfast either from room service or at the Solarium Bistro.

Doing this cruise in December. I'd love more info. What were the Tapas like? It sounds like a fun way to have a lighter supper. Can you tell us more about the seafood shack?

The tapas were awesome!For $11 you got 7! There were cherry tomatoes stuffed with feta, anchovies (hate them until these), an amazing risotto,kind of a quiche , cheese, and I honestly forget the rest. I know someone here posted a menu before. We were actually going to order the group of 5 also and the bartender advised us that that would be a lot of food!

The Seafood Shack Beach party was $25 with three drinks or $15 with soda.There was calimari, fries, shrimp, popcorn shrimp, crab legs, etc. The bartenders did cool tricks out on boardwalk, there was a limbo contest , hula hoop contest and some dancing. A real fun night!

Oh, how I wish I could say that. DH thinks we have go directly to WJ upon embarking. I walk around with my plate looking for something and always end up with a little Waldorf Salad. "It's tradition", he says. I keep telling him it's tradition because when we started cruising WJ was our only option upon embarking. Broaden you horizons, dude! Nothing doing.:(:(:(

Oh, how I wish I could say that. DH thinks we have go directly to WJ upon embarking. I walk around with my plate looking for something and always end up with a little Waldorf Salad. "It's tradition", he says. I keep telling him it's tradition because when we started cruising WJ was our only option upon embarking. Broaden you horizons, dude! Nothing doing.:(:(:(

LOL! There are so many better options for breakfast and lunch. The dining packages are really a deal. I know some people think that since food is "included" they should eat in WJ and MDR but I never eat in the same place every night at home so why on vacation? I cannot get a meal at home for the price of Chops and Giovanni's. Even cheaper is Solarium Bistro. He needs to think outside the box. LOL!!!

we just got back from OASIS 9/15-9/22 cruise also ..it was our 2nd time on OASIS and loved it just as much this time around also! We never ate in the Windjammer and LOVED the new main dining room menu:) ate there 5 night and LOVED escargot for my appetizer EVERY night...also did 2 nights in specialty restaurants Chops and Seafood shack for jamaican party ..thats why we love this cruise..something for everyone

Glad you had a good cruise! From what I've heard, it takes more than one sail just to see everything!:)

I'll let you know, I plan on walking around and seeing what I didn't see on Allure the first time. But with my memory it may be all new again!

I was on that sailing also . Dont count out the main dining room . They have a new menu and i must say that the food was very satisfying to my wife and I .

We had the lamb chops one night , lobster tails another night ( they are much larger now ( 6 to 8 ounces ) and they pour butter on it for you . Another night it was surf and turf with a 6 oz beef tenderloin with a large shrimp . Then there was lamb shanks on another night . The service was outstanding ,

we had Saifal Anwar as our waiter and this gentleman was amazing. We were in the my time dining on the 5th level . Got there between 6 - 6:30 with no reservations and never waited to be seated .We asked for the same waiter also and that didnt slow the process down either.

I was on that sailing also . Dont count out the main dining room . They have a new menu and i must say that the food was very satisfying to my wife and I .

We had the lamb chops one night , lobster tails another night ( they are much larger now ( 6 to 8 ounces ) and they pour butter on it for you . Another night it was surf and turf with a 6 oz beef tenderloin with a large shrimp . Then there was lamb shanks on another night . The service was outstanding ,

we had Saifal Anwar as our waiter and this gentleman was amazing. We were in the my time dining on the 5th level . Got there between 6 - 6:30 with no reservations and never waited to be seated .We asked for the same waiter also and that didnt slow the process down either.

Heard that the main dining room menu was much improved! Not going to write it off at all! We just wanted to try the specialty restaurants for a change and as two women traveling together we felt better in the smaller venues

do you by any chance can share the chukka beach pictures, they are rare around here and we are trying to decide wether to do it or not.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to LOL! I CAN tell you that it was a very nice beach. My main complaints - lunch wasn't till 1 PM after they played a number of games. I would have preferred to have done the one without lunch although the lunch was good. They told us that they would be running buses back on the half hour. When we asked for a bus after lunch (we had had enough sun) we were first told it would be about an hour. Then a few other people came over with the same request and they called a van. There were more people than seats so they stuffed the people in (the people waiting had that idea because they didn;t want to wait any longer)

Archived