smokeless cigarette

southernfocus

My hubby had a heart attack on 1/1/12 and our daughter brought him one of the cheapo ones to the hospital (he was a smoker). He hasn't had a real cigarette since. He has several different types of e-cigs, the tank kinds are the ones he uses the most. The vapor only occasionally smells like the flavor he is vaping....caramel, vanilla, etc. I have noticed that some of the different types of juices he uses, do make me cough...not sure why? (and I never mined his regular cigarette smoke, it isn't that) I am thankful for them - he no longer has a smokers cough, and I know these are better for him, not near the carcinogens. His fav juices are from backwoodsbrew and bloog. Congrats to all of you who have quit, I know that it is one of the hardest habits to break!

One things for sure, e-cig smokers don't have pay the high taxes on reg cigs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Here in Vermont the members of the House said the next thing would be figuring how to tax the hell out of them (they're losing alot of money from all the e-cig users not paying the cigarette tax anymore). Vermont tried to ban the shipment of into and out of the state of Vermont but there was such a public outcry that they shelved that plan.

I also work in an e-cig store here in Vermont that was the 2nd company in the US to manufacture the liquid and the first retail location in New England 2 1/2 years ago.

I didn't get in the business for the money but rather because I was thrilled to be off cigarettes after my 41 year habit and wanted to spread the word about them.

Here in Vermont the members of the House said the next thing would be figuring how to tax the hell out of them (they're losing alot of money from all the e-cig users not paying the cigarette tax anymore).

Funny, because any politician you ask would tell you that the tax was for quit programs. Now when people are quitting they want to find something else to tax. Guess all that money never did go to programs to help people quit :)

I tried the V2s menthol flavor and there is something about the vapor that makes me cough like crazy. I smoke menthol cigs, so I don't think that would be it. I don't get near the satisfaction or calming that I do with "real" cigs. Maybe I need to try a totally different brand.

Funny, because any politician you ask would tell you that the tax was for quit programs. Now when people are quitting they want to find something else to tax. Guess all that money never did go to programs to help people quit :)

We stayed at the bill hearing and nothing was brought up about health.......it was all about Vermont getting as much tax as they could. There was even a representative from RJ Reynolds tobacco company at the hearing and he was all for the parts of the bill that related to tobacco. If a big tobacco company is behind a bill, you know the bill is bad for the people

I tried the V2s menthol flavor and there is something about the vapor that makes me cough like crazy. I smoke menthol cigs, so I don't think that would be it. I don't get near the satisfaction or calming that I do with "real" cigs. Maybe I need to try a totally different brand.

It could be that it was strictly a PG base and some people are allergic to PG. The company I work for uses vegetable glycerine instead for the base.

I know this topic has been discussed many times...but there is one question I have never seen. We have a six hour flight coming up and you have to be at the airport 2 hours prior. This will be over 8 hours and I know my DH will be going crazy.

Can anyone see or smell this if he should sneak in the mens room at the airport or on the airplane???

Don't start a commotion by using them in the bathroom of the plane. They should only be used in designated smoking areas. I've seen this happen and it wasn't pretty.

Don't start a commotion by using them in the bathroom of the plane. They should only be used in designated smoking areas. I've seen this happen and it wasn't pretty.

There are numerous posts above stating that people have used them in plain sight at airports. Not sure why you are stating they should only be used in smoking areas since it's not smoking.

What works for one person might not work for another. If you really want to give it a go I would recommend other flavors and at least one other type of e-cig. It took my DH a lot longer to quit because he couldn't find the perfect vape. We went through several mods and I still have a ton of juices left even though I rarely use it anymore. I keep a passthrough so that if I do feel an urge to smoke I hit that with 0mg nicotine and and my urge is satisfied.

Curious where you've seen a "commotion" happen as I've been using an e-cig for over 3 1/2 years and never seen a commotion happen because of their use.....

Curious where you've seen a "commotion" happen as I've been using an e-cig for over 3 1/2 years and never seen a commotion happen because of their use.....

I've never seen a commotion either.

I do remember the first time I saw a guy in Walgreens walking down the aisles "smoking", I was surprised/outraged before I realized he wasn't actually smoking. This was several years ago and Ecigs weren't common. It took me three seconds to get over it and move on. No commotion.

I would imagine that if the vapor set off the smoke alarm in an airplane bathroom, commotion would ensue.

I would imagine that if the vapor set off the smoke alarm in an airplane bathroom, commotion would ensue.

Actually the sinks have quite a vacuum system and as long as you don't blow it up into the smoke alarm there's no danger of it setting off the alarm

We have had vape meets at three differant diners without a commotion. Popsec: Ive been waiting for you to post on the travel section at ECF to tell us how the vaping went on the Miracle.

We're also going to be back on the Miracle on Nov 30th :D

Actually the sinks have quite a vacuum system and as long as you don't blow it up into the smoke alarm there's no danger of it setting off the alarm

I wouldnt think that the vapor would trigger a smoke alarm. Sort of like how my shower doesnt trigger my smoke alarm at home. But now I am curious so when I go home, I am going to blow the vapor at mine and see what happens.

I wouldnt think that the vapor would trigger a smoke alarm. Sort of like how my shower doesnt trigger my smoke alarm at home. But now I am curious so when I go home, I am going to blow the vapor at mine and see what happens.

I wouldn't thimk the vapor would set off the smoke alarm either, but an earlier poster claimed to witness "commotion" resulting fron someone vaping in an airplane bathroom.

I wouldn't thimk the vapor would set off the smoke alarm either, but an earlier poster claimed to witness "commotion" resulting fron someone vaping in an airplane bathroom.

Can't imagine it would set off an alarm either since it's not smoke. Unless the smoke detector was also a water detector :)

We have had vape meets at three differant diners without a commotion. Popsec: Ive been waiting for you to post on the travel section at ECF to tell us how the vaping went on the Miracle.

Could you please give me the link to this ECF site? I have been using an e-cig since Jan - great results!! :D

Archived