smokeless cigarette

southernfocus

I have completely quit smoking using my e-cigarette. Smoke free since 4/21/12.

The only drawback currently is that you have to still use e-cigs in the smoking areas. Although, I have seen some folks "stealth vaping" in some of the public areas. There is no smell so no one would really know that you were doing it.

Good luck!

The only drawback currently is that you have to still use e-cigs in the smoking areas. Although, I have seen some folks "stealth vaping" in some of the public areas. There is no smell so no one would really know that you were doing it.

Good luck!

I know this topic has been discussed many times...but there is one question I have never seen. We have a six hour flight coming up and you have to be at the airport 2 hours prior. This will be over 8 hours and I know my DH will be going crazy.

Can anyone see or smell this if he should sneak in the mens room at the airport or on the airplane???

I know this topic has been discussed many times...but there is one question I have never seen. We have a six hour flight coming up and you have to be at the airport 2 hours prior. This will be over 8 hours and I know my DH will be going crazy.

Can anyone see or smell this if he should sneak in the mens room at the airport or on the airplane???

You cant smell anything and you only see vapor for a second (like breathing outside in the cold). I never have used them in public but I did visit the ladies room in airports and also used them at work

How did you use them to quit? That is exciting to me!

How do they work and what do I need to buy?

Wow...thanks so much for your response!

I started smoking when I was 13 years old and tried soooo many times to quit. Here recently, I started waking up feeling out of breath and light headed from smoking and decided that THIS time I was going to quit.

My addiction to smoking was more of the actual act of smoking rather than straight up addiction to nicotine so I figured that the e-cig would be helpful in satisfying that need to see "smoke" leaving my mouth.

I made a promise to myself not to buy any more cigarettes no matter how bad the need got. I went to the kiosk in the mall where they sell the Fifty One Trio brand and got the starter pack which was about $75.00. Anytime I felt the need to smoke I took out my ecig and took a couple of puffs and the urge went away.

I am now "vaping" only when I hit trigger moments and now I have the e-liquid (creamsicle flavored) that has no nicotine content at all.

I suggest looking at some youtube videos on the subject and how they actually work and go by a shop that will let you try it to see how you like it. I am saving soooo much money now. I had almost quit on our last sailing in March but wasnt ready to commit until April. It will be interesting to see how I do in December.

It was hard and the first two weeks I wanted to kill everyone :p but once I got past that, then I was just fine. There are still moments that I really want a ciggy but then I dont want to mess up such an amazing streak on non smoking.

How did you use them to quit? That is exciting to me!

How do they work and what do I need to buy?

Wow...thanks so much for your response!

I dont use mine to quit but rather to substitute when smoking is not an option. I bought it before it was the thing to do so it was costly. But my sister bought one at walmart (cheap) with pre filled cartridges, plugged it in and and it works as well as my expensive one.

Awesome...I was just looking online at the Blu brand. They sell them as disposables at Walgreens, I am going to go buy one and give it a try. I sail Saturday so I should know by then if it work for me.

Thanks so much for the info and the encouraging story. Good luck to you.

My mom used them in airports by going into ladies room or doing a sneaky vape.

A sneaky vape is where you take a "hit" but no one can tell what you are doing. You have to hold the ecig just right and blow it out really slowly, or into your hands.

My mom has used eCig to quit (been a few years now) and so has my boyfriend.

I used one in my room on the Liberty, no problem, even left it on the counter when I was out and about.

At the airport, I went to the lady's room and vaped there. It, of course is an enclosed space, so I waved the vapor away.

7/11 and Walmart sells the E-gics. I priced one in the Carnival shop...they sold just one kind, and it cost $19.95.

Wow....AMAZING. I am not the OP...but I appreciate all of the answers and advice.

I am assuming there is no "odor" either or one of you would have said so. I am really excited about this....he has been very stressed about it and I know he cannot go over 8 hours and not "crack" lol.

THANK YOU EVERYONE:o:o:o:o

Good luck!

Congratulations on finally quitting! Don't you just feel so much better? :)

I've been smoke free since Jan 11th, 2012. The E-cig was a lifesaver for me!

I am currently using one...not full time yet...but will be on our upcoming cruise....that is the deadline to be fully done with ciggs.......Nov 3rd.

I have tried a couple and best I found is the VOLT....it's at a place called Smokeless Image .......com.....very close to an origianl.

Good luck and it's the best thing you can do !!!!

DH and I got our starter kits from v2cigs dot com. You have the choice of the prefilled cartridges or you can buy the empty ones and the liquid and fill your own. There is no smell to the vapor, so easy to use anywhere without anyone knowing. Depending on how much you use them a battery (the body of the cig) will last around a day. They do take some time to charge, so good to have 2 batteries. The cartridge (filter) has the nicotine of about a pack of cigarettes. They offer really large quantities of cartridges (we buy the 80 pack) and they come to a little over $1 each...very economical compared to cigarettes. My husband has quit smoking completely and I'm at about half of what I used to smoke. My pulmonary Dr said they highly recommend the E-cigs...much better than smoking.

DH and I got our starter kits from v2cigs dot com. You have the choice of the prefilled cartridges or you can buy the empty ones and the liquid and fill your own. There is no smell to the vapor, so easy to use anywhere without anyone knowing. Depending on how much you use them a battery (the body of the cig) will last around a day. They do take some time to charge, so good to have 2 batteries. The cartridge (filter) has the nicotine of about a pack of cigarettes. They offer really large quantities of cartridges (we buy the 80 pack) and they come to a little over $1 each...very economical compared to cigarettes. My husband has quit smoking completely and I'm at about half of what I used to smoke. My pulmonary Dr said they highly recommend the E-cigs...much better than smoking.

Thank you...thank you....especially for explaining how it works. Just went to the website. FANTASTIC

Thank you...thank you....especially for explaining how it works. Just went to the website. FANTASTIC

You're welcome! And before I ordered, I found a discount code that got me 15% off a starter pack...just google v2 discount codes. Oh and they have different strengths...I smoke light cigarettes and I ordered the medium strength...it was fine. They have flavors, too. I ordered the sampler pack and wasn't wild about most of the flavors, but the coffee flavor was very tasty (if you like coffee);) For the regular ones, I got the Red...better than the other tobacco flavors.

Good luck!:)

If you don't like the Blu....don't give up...I tried them and didn't really care for them....they are ok.....just didn't care for the tobacco state of theirs.

They are fantastic when you finally find a flavor that you like. I do buy the empty cartridges and fill mine with a juice from a different company.....and I like the VOLT brand batteries and chargers.....everyone has a different preference. Tere are dozen and dozen of different kinds.

There is a website that is an electronic ciggs forum that has all the info you could want, and recommendations and vendors listed as well. I think it comes up under ECF....not sure exactly.

It has been a wonderful thing for me and I hope others can benefit from these also.

If I can give you any other info, just send me an e-mail and I will try to answer questions.

Happy sailin' to all.

Just bought a Blue disposable... can't wait to give it a try. I was thinking I would use it in the cabin and not even bring any regular cigs....

You can always use the e-cig and not bring "analog" cigs and if you have an absolute need for ciggys then they usually have really good deals on cigarettes onboard. We paid $25.00 for a carton of Marlboro Lights on our last sailing.

But I have faith in you! You wont need no stinkin cigarettes! :p

I use "storm" brand from vapor king and another from local dealer called Vapure. Both have big draws and a button you hold down to get that much vapor. After you try these the others are just not satifying to me anyway. I took mine to the atrium/lobby bar two nights and smoked it in full view of everybody, not a whole lot of hits but noone said anything. It was a little uncomfortable to do that since you are kinda worrying that someone will approach you about it.but after a few drinks that blurs a little..lol....but it was nice for me......Although the policy is they cannot be smoked anywhere but where regular cigies are smoked.

I also vaped in the bathroom aboard Alaska Airlines a tad, few puffs couple of visits, helped pass the time as well.

Good Luck

If you don't like the Blu....don't give up...I tried them and didn't really care for them....they are ok.....just didn't care for the tobacco state of theirs.

They are fantastic when you finally find a flavor that you like. I do buy the empty cartridges and fill mine with a juice from a different company.....and I like the VOLT brand batteries and chargers.....everyone has a different preference. Tere are dozen and dozen of different kinds.

There is a website that is an electronic ciggs forum that has all the info you could want, and recommendations and vendors listed as well. I think it comes up under ECF....not sure exactly.

It has been a wonderful thing for me and I hope others can benefit from these also.

If I can give you any other info, just send me an e-mail and I will try to answer questions.

Happy sailin' to all.

I second ECF. And that is the initials so that is what it goes by :) Feel free to PM me if any of you have questions!

This December will be two years smoke free for me. I started using a 510 kit and went on to making my own flavors and mods. I started using 36mg and worked my way down to 0mg nicotine. I would recommend this method to anyone!!!

I would suggest an ego kit to anyone new trying it. That is what I recommended for my dad. I will forewarn you that no "tobacco" flavor tastes like the real thing. I switched quickly to different flavors and never had an issue. One of my favorite flavors is Creme Brulee from Mad Vapes.

It has been over 20 weeks since I had a cig.

What many don't know is that some of the "disposable" can be

recharged and refilled. If it comes apart and you have the right charger.

I got my first at Walmart and their disposables are compatible with the

chargers in their kit. The "filter" or cartomizer are a little hard to open up

but it can be done. I found another refill at a tobacco store that was the same threads

as the one at Walmart and the cartomizer opened very easily.

I get my juice online for refilling and also found compatible cartomizers. They need to be changed out occasionally. The juice is less than $10 and lasts me about a month.

I had my last regular cigarette 5/29/12. I ordered the v2 brand online and love them! I have weaned myself down to the light nicotine level; next order I will try the no nicotine! I used to smoke in my own vehicle if alone; now I can use these with anyone - even on a long ride to the port! :) Easily used in cabin and on open deck areas with no problem. Good luck - it is worth it!

No need to sneak anywhere to use them at the airport....I have used mine openly with no problems in the airport. As far as on the plane goes, I know Southwest and Jet Blue say right in their literature that you can't use them on the plane. That doesn't stop my DH from using his in the bathroom on the plane

I am thinking about getting the smokeless cigarette for my cruise. It only puts off vapor and had no smell. Has anyone used them and what are your thoughts?

I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker and had smoked for 41 years. I got my first e-cig and haven't had a real cigarette since the first day....that was 3 1/2 years ago and I never am tempted to smoke the real thing. I use my e-cig everywhere with no problems....it's great not having to leave your cabin to get a nicotine fix. The only thing I'd say is that you might want to go with an American made liquid since no one is totally sure what the Chinese put in their liquids. It's so much cheaper to use than buying a cigarette....most pack a day smokers only spend about $20 a month on liquid :) Now I have so much more money to spend on cruises :D

Archived