Celebrity Solstice to Alaska

cruiser5809

has anyone been on the Celebrity Solstice? Know anything about stateroom 1526? What does it look like? Big enough for 2 scooters and 2 walkers, 2 people? Can you recommend restaurants. How far in advance should I book reseraunt reservations and excursions? I'm a first time cruiser. Any tips.

has anyone been on the Celebrity Solstice? Know anything about stateroom 1526? What does it look like? Big enough for 2 scooters and 2 walkers, 2 people? Can you recommend restaurants. How far in advance should I book reseraunt reservations and excursions? I'm a first time cruiser. Any tips.

Hi, welcome to Cruise Critic and to the wonderful world of cruising:)

Lots and lots of people have sailed Solstice.

Here is a link to a great informational spreadsheet of S class cabins.

You can see if there are some postings about the cabin you are

asking about.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

The cabin will be fine for two scooters and walkers.

There are three specialty restaurants on Solstice, and whether to book them depends on your personal tastes. Muranos is a wonderful restaurant that's continental with a French flair. Tuscan Grill has an Italian theme and Silk Harvest is Asian. You can book reservations 90 days out or wait until you're on board.

• 3 months later...

We've gone on Celebrity twice and the first time we reserved a dinner in a specialty restaurant. Maybe there's something different (read: wrong?) with us,but we just weren't impressed. Especially when we paid something like $60/pp for this "special" dinner. THEN, the next night, we find out from our table mates that we missed lobster in the MDR that night! Grrrrrr. We won't be doing any specialty restaurants again, unless someone can convince us it's worth the extra money.

We still joke between us about our specialty dinner. The dinner was prepared in front of us, then put on a plate and a cover placed on top of it. The chef took the cover and raised it quickly with gusto. Ta Da!! Um...we just watched you make it, are we suppose to act surprised? LOL.

Maybe it's just us....so many others seem to LOVE the specialty restaurants. Maybe we have missed something here? I'd love to hear why these restaurants are worth over $100/couple.

The specialties like Muranos are $40 per person unless you do the wine pairing, which is a bit more expensive. We love dining there as we find the atmosphere a lot more quiet and the service more personal than in the MDR. The whole covered plate thing is supposed to harken back to the good old days when all meals were served under those domes. I guess X started this in their first specialties on the M class because those restaurants were named after old ocean liners such as the SS Normandie and the SS United States. The fancy covered domes were used all the time on those ocean liners.

The specialties aren't for everyone. On our upcoming Equinox cruise, we're dining in a specialty every night, that's how much we prefer them.

Me and my wife are going on the Solstice the end of May also. This will be are first cruise. Trying to learn what we can about the ship and the places we will be going. Just found out about the 123go and am hoping to be able to get one of those deals. Going to go see our TA tomorrow to ask.

Me and my wife are going on the Solstice the end of May also. This will be are first cruise. Trying to learn what we can about the ship and the places we will be going. Just found out about the 123go and am hoping to be able to get one of those deals. Going to go see our TA tomorrow to ask.

what is 123go?

Checked with my travel agent and was able to get the premium beverage package. There was an extra $200 on our cruise and then we went ahead and got the premium package for an extra $80 a person. So for $360 we are getting two premium beverage packages.

I wonder if I can get it if I have already booked the cruise. Do you know?

I had already booked and still qualified :) My in-laws, who are coming with us, also called and got the special after booking.

Whoo hoo!

Archived