Early Saver Rates.... I thought

SlingBlade

that if you booked ES you got the BEST rate possible & price protection? Just checked fareviewer for our cruise in Jan2013 for 4 people interior 4C cabin. To my amazement, the ES price was more than double PG rate. :eek: Im not complaining, as the price we booked is still cheaper than the posted PG rate, but I am confused. I guess I just dont understand how that is possible.

We booked early saver and so far we have found 4 reductions for our room category. I filled out the early saver form and sent it to carnival, which I copied and pasted the web sites rates for our room category and got all 4 reductions. It saved us $380 so far. They just sent us an approval and a new reciept of what we owed. Most people don't know what to do when they find a lower rate. Find the form and fill it out, it only takes a couple of minutes and can save you alot of money.

We booked early saver and so far we have found 4 reductions for our room category. I filled out the early saver form and sent it to carnival, which I copied and pasted the web sites rates for our room category and got all 4 reductions. It saved us $380 so far. They just sent us an approval and a new reciept of what we owed. Most people don't know what to do when they find a lower rate. Find the form and fill it out, it only takes a couple of minutes and can save you alot of money.

Rick and Teresa, can you get ES discounts from other sites besides Carnival? I booked ES and was under the impression I could only get the discounts that were advertized on the Carnival website. Please advise me. Thanks in advance. Deena4701@hotmail.com

Rick and Teresa, can you get ES discounts from other sites besides Carnival? I booked ES and was under the impression I could only get the discounts that were advertized on the Carnival website. Please advise me.

Are travel agents even allowed to advertise lower prices than are on the Carnival website? I thought not.:confused:

Are travel agents even allowed to advertise lower prices than are on the Carnival website? I thought not.:confused:

When I booked my early saver rate in the beginning of August, I asked the lady if Carnival would only price match to rates advertised on their own website. She said they would match any price on any site because all prices would be the same, no matter who was offering it. I have found this to be true in my browsing.

ES is eligible for price drops, PG is not. That's what the best rate means. If the price drops, ES can get a fare reduction or OBC, but PG cannot. (That's probably why ES usually winds up being higher than PG in the same category initially -- I fell for that and so I booked PG.)

ES is eligible for price drops, PG is not. That's what the best rate means. If the price drops, ES can get a fare reduction or OBC, but PG cannot.

This is partly true~to clarify~ All rates are eligible for rate reductions UP TO final payment~ AFTER final payment ONLY ES is eligible for rate reductions.

ES is eligible for price drops, PG is not. That's what the best rate means. If the price drops, ES can get a fare reduction or OBC, but PG cannot. (That's probably why ES usually winds up being higher than PG in the same category initially -- I fell for that and so I booked PG.)

How strange. Whenever I look at cruises, the ES is always cheaper than the PG. I have never seen it otherwise.

Op, I do a fake booking on carnival.com and check my rates. Right now I am waiting a $70 price reduction. So far, my cruise has dropped $135 per person since I booked it! :D

This is partly true~to clarify~ All rates are eligible for rate reductions UP TO final payment~ AFTER final payment ONLY ES is eligible for rate reductions.

Thanks for clarifying, I actually wasn't aware of that! Still wouldn't have helped me this time since my price didn't drop until WELL after my cruise was paid in full, but I know for next time. :)

How strange. Whenever I look at cruises, the ES is always cheaper than the PG. I have never seen it otherwise.

PG winds up being cheaper b/c of the free upgrades, in my experience. I mock booked both when planning my upcoming cruise and for one that's in the planning stage now and PG wound up being cheaper both times.

When we first booked our cruise we booked under PG because they had a nice sale. Then switched over to ES after a couple of weeks. My agent asked y would I do something Luke that. I couldn't get OBC if the price dropped if I stayed with PG. N guess what price did dropped today, n I still have 65 more days to watch it drop more to get more OBC... yay us

Archived