3 nights pre-cruise Miami March 2013

factor30

Just booked cruise departing Miami next March. We're proposing to stay 3 nights pre-cruise in South Beach. Can anyone recommend a good hotel with pool, etc. in central area. I understand some hotels have a free shuttle to hotel from airport, and to the port area. Is this correct? Any recommendations would be appreciated. We're not looking for a luxury hotel - but approx a 4star.

Rita

For 3-nights pre-cruise I would start searching NOW as March is prime time and demand for rooms will be high, especially in South Beach. Hotels there tend to be smaller, but the dining, beach, and nightlife make up for that.

I know of no South Beach hotels that will shuttle you for free from MIA airport, but a taxi shoud only run about $32+, or you can catch the airport flyer bus for only $2.35 each.

Oyster.com and tripadvisor have great reviews of SB hotels. What's your approx budget per night and how many people in each room? :confused:

Good luck! :)

Just booked cruise departing Miami next March. We're proposing to stay 3 nights pre-cruise in South Beach. Can anyone recommend a good hotel with pool, etc. in central area. I understand some hotels have a free shuttle to hotel from airport, and to the port area. Is this correct? Any recommendations would be appreciated. We're not looking for a luxury hotel - but approx a 4star.

Rita

Rita, here is a link that may help you get a condo for south beach by renting someone's condo. Checked March and there was only 3 days taken. Not sure how many people and what days but check it out for yourself. Also compare to hotels regular webpage also. Good Luck and Happy cruising.:D

http://www.vrbo.com/242344

Thank you all for your suggestions. We're looking to stay in a hotel with all mod cons - not a combo or small boutique hotel with minimum facilities. I would have thought there must be hotels of this level in South Beach without paying a small fortune to stay. It seems we might have to settle for a chain hotel nearer to the port.

Rita

There are some larger hotels north of South Beach - still in Miami Beach, and only a bus or cab ride from the fun in South Beach.

In downtown Miami you are still a bus or cab ride from SB and the beach; I would focus on the Intercontinental, Hyatt, Doubletree Biscayne Bay and the Marriott next door to the Doubletree. Good luck! :)

Thank you all for your suggestions. We're looking to stay in a hotel with all mod cons - not a combo or small boutique hotel with minimum facilities. I would have thought there must be hotels of this level in South Beach without paying a small fortune to stay. It seems we might have to settle for a chain hotel nearer to the port.

Rita

Rita, if you can provide more info I might be able to help you better. I was just offering a suggestion with the info you provided. The info I gave you was The Bentley on Ocean Drive where all the happenings are. It is a boutique hotel but not with minumum facilities right on 5th and ocean drive. But please more info so I can really help you with your stay. Good Luck and Happy Cruising!!!!!!!

My husband and I have been able to get reasonably priced rooms at the Intercontinental many times through Last Minute Travel (online or calling them). The Intercontinental is a very modern hotel with spa/outdoor pool, great bar and restaurant. It is centrally located so you can walk to many other restaurants and department stores/drug stores in the downtown Miami area. It is located right on the water and you can see yachts go in and out of Bayside harbor. You can walk to Bayside Marketplace where they have very nice restaurants and shops. You can also take a day cruise from the harbor to many of the surrounding islands where celebrities live. VERY NICE cruise. They also have an Alamo Car rental located in the hotel. You can rent the car for a day and drive on South Beach and take in some of the beach scenes and restaurants.

Have a wonderful precruise stay!

We too, are staying three days pre-cruise and one day post-cruise. Our cruise is in May. Currently have three differ. hotels held. Haven't made up our mine yet. Hoping a better deal comes up in the next couple months.:D:D

Good luck with your search, Rita!!!

Thanks all. I'll keep you informed how I get on. I'll be speaking to my TA this morning who has suggested she should be able to get us a flights+hotel package at a good rate. I'll see what she suggests and what hotels she has in mind.

Rita

Archived