Past Cruiser Benefits, Any???

tpmartin

I was wondering what the Carnival Loyalty program is I can not seem to find it anywhere, please help. As we will be sailing on the Triumph out of NY in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Tom

We're also sailing on the Triumph out of New York in September. Past guests receive an invititation to a "Return Cruisers" Party and a pin. It's a far cry from RCL's program. Also, if you are a CCL shareholder, you can receive an onboard credit.

On any five-night or longer Carnival cruise, you should receive an invitation to the Past Guest party, delivered to your cabin. You'll also receive a ship's lapel pin - sometimes with the invitation, sometimes handed to you by the CD as you enter the party. It's a very nice party, with the Captain making a little 'welcome back' speech, a combo will be playing and some folks dance. Comp drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be passed around on trays, but you can get a drink of choice at the bar if you don't like the ones on the trays. They show a little 10-min. video of the history of Carnival, interesting. Also, the Captain will draw a name or two for a bottle of champagne.

That's about all the amenities past guests can expect. BUT - it's a nice way to spend about 45 minutes of your cruise!:)

Oh, and you should receive a two-year subscription to "Currents" magazine. Something else new - I understand that past guest's Sail & Sign cards are now gold, rather than the red/white/blue ones first time cruisers get.

Thanks for the info, so basically they really do not offer anything good.

On Princess we get free internet along with the past passenger party and on RCCL they give out coupons for free drinks and other ammenities.

I guess all I get is a Gold card good for nothing.

Thanks everyone

Tom

Thanks for the info, so basically they really do not offer anything good.

On Princess we get free internet along with the past passenger party and on RCCL they give out coupons for free drinks and other ammenities.

I guess all I get is a Gold card good for nothing.

Tom

That's pretty much the story. Sure the party is o.k., but it could be your 30th cruise with Carnival - all you get is the party and the pin. In my opinion, RCL is much better with their progressive rewards to their loyal cruisers.

What night is this party?

It varies... you won't know until a few days into the cruise when the invitation is delivered... they wait to see how many they have and then based on that, determine time and place.

Per carnival's website:

Past Guest Privileges Include:

• A complimentary two-year subscription to Currents Magazine, created just for our Past Guests. • Eligibility to VIP privileges, offering exclusive benefits on ALL Carnival sister-brands, including Holland America, Cunard, Costa, Princess, Seabourn and Windstar.• Past Guest Recognition Program - features special Gold and Platinum Sail & Sign cards for returning guests. Cards will give entrée into the exclusive cocktail reception held for returning guests (5 day or longer cruises) and help alert ship's staff to your exceptional status.

Archived