Vancouver tips please

mommybearx2

So we have 5 families all flying in together to Vancouver on June 30th at 1:00pm with our NCL cruise leaving the next day. I am the planner and everyone is relying on me heavily for help with this board being what has helped me keep my sanity.

Looking for recommendation for the short time we are in Vancouver.

Thinking about Stanley Park and seeing Totems near Brockton Point Lighthouse, Grouse Mountain, Suspension Bridge.

Not sure what is doable. We would want to check in to our hotel after our flight and be open for doing something after that is done and than on Monday morning before our cruise leaves.

Not sure how to get everyone around. Read about HOHO, but don't think that would get me to Grouse Mountain, but not sure about that.

Yes, I do realize we may need to not all ride together. I just need to give everyone clear instructions on choices and most importantly how to get to the activity they are interested in.

Or is there a suggestion for something for our first night in and than a tour for Monday morning that would make it easy for everyone.

Would not rent vehicles.

Hotel suggestions?

And also need to think about bags on Monday morning and how to get everyone to cruise terminal.

Thanks for your time.

You really don't have much time in the city so as much as I think the HOHOs are a great thing to do, they really won't make much sense in your case. I would be inclined to focus on a just a couple of sights. In the afternoon you could make your way over to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and then go on to the Grouse Mountain SkyRide. You could take the free shuttle over but would have to rely on transit to come back. http://www.capbridge.com/visit/shuttle-service/ The next morning you could walk to Stanley Park or if you are not that ambitious then a walk into historic Gastown would be another option.

As an alternative you could spend the afternoon of your arrival in Stanley Park and take HOHO that goes around the park http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/tour/stanley-park-shuttle and then visit Gastown the next morning.

We were very pleased with the Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson. Good location for walking to Grainville Island Market. HOHO bus at front door. Lots of restaurants and shops available. Large rooms/clean and great views. We paid about $189.00 per night.

So we have 5 families all flying in together to Vancouver on June 30th at 1:00pm with our NCL cruise leaving the next day. I am the planner and everyone is relying on me heavily for help with this board being what has helped me keep my sanity.

Looking for recommendation for the short time we are in Vancouver.

Thinking about Stanley Park and seeing Totems near Brockton Point Lighthouse, Grouse Mountain, Suspension Bridge.

Not sure what is doable. We would want to check in to our hotel after our flight and be open for doing something after that is done and than on Monday morning before our cruise leaves.

Not sure how to get everyone around. Read about HOHO, but don't think that would get me to Grouse Mountain, but not sure about that.

Yes, I do realize we may need to not all ride together. I just need to give everyone clear instructions on choices and most importantly how to get to the activity they are interested in.

Or is there a suggestion for something for our first night in and than a tour for Monday morning that would make it easy for everyone.

Would not rent vehicles.

Hotel suggestions?

And also need to think about bags on Monday morning and how to get everyone to cruise terminal.

Thanks for your time.

Shouldn't this be under the Canada port of call? Maybe you would get more answers.

If I read your post correctly you will be sailing on July 1 which is Canada Day - like your July 4 and the area around Canada Place will be the site of day long celebrations and there will be some road closures in the area for the festivities - while they won't impede access it may be slower to get into the port.

As you are families might I presume that you will have some younger ones with you. If this is the case they will enjoy the Aquarium in Stanley Park, Science World, Kids Market at Granville Island.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Archived