My bloody travel agent - is this expensive !!!!!

My travel agent friend has just said I wasn't ripped off its a great deal. he was just pissed at how cheap !!! Ha ha ha

It isn't too good to be true. ALl 3 Indy bookings come up on RCI's my cruises section of the website and I called RCI to check they are valid confirmed bookings and they are.

I have also got the Virgin airfare up as a secured confirmed booking under my name and I did the same with this and called Virgin Atlantic to check. Everything is as it should be.

Roll on my 23 day cruise !

I think my b2b2b on Independence is a real bargain but my friend who is a travel agent (with a different company) says I have been ripped off. Any comments gratefully received.

We're on Independence from 22nd November for 23 nights (transatlantic, Bahamas and Caribbean). We sail from Southampton then after 23 days fly direct back to the UK with Virgin from Miami. Whilst its only an inside cabin (and we have the same cabin # on each cruise) it will do us fine.

For the 3 cruises (inc' 13 days of gratuities) and the flight back to the UK we've paid £998 per person ($1516).

What do you think ??????

I think you have found a great deal! Did you book this on your own? Maybe your TA friend is jealous?

oh man you took a bath on that one !! Why would anybody buy off on something like that? When you take the $1500 (approx) fare minus the tips for 23 days (about $250pp) you're now at about $1250 pp....then the airfare got to be ? $750 (let's say)...now you're down to $500pp for those 23 nights....what's the heck's wrong with you? lol :D:)

seriously.......something isn't adding up right here......that figures seem WAY too low.....but.....I'll bite

Is anyone else getting the "its too good to be true" feeling? Seems like something is not right, are you sure the airfare is included? I just looked and the cheapest one-way from Miami to london is $1400 per person.

Where did you look ?

One ways are a special case, you don't look on the airlines' sites for them.

[

For the 3 cruises (inc' 13 days of gratuities) and the flight back to the UK we've paid £998 per person ($1516).

What do you think ??????[/size]

REALLY wish I knew your Travel Agent or better still the name of the TA of the

friend you thinks you are being ripped of

We are paying £125 each for a one way flight from Belfast to Barcelona + £ 96 for 1 night in a hotel before we even reach the ship .:(

I think you have found a great deal! Did you book this on your own? Maybe your TA friend is jealous?

Yeah I booked it on my own. The transatlantic inc' airfare though a UK travel agent (£599 / $900) and the following 3 night and 8 night Caribbean cruises through a US travel agent (£400 / $600) per person.

oh man you took a bath on that one !! Why would anybody buy off on something like that? When you take the $1500 (approx) fare minus the tips for 23 days (about $250pp) you're now at about $1250 pp....then the airfare got to be ? $750 (let's say)...now you're down to $500pp for those 23 nights....what's the heck's wrong with you? lol :D:)

seriously.......something isn't adding up right here......that figures seem WAY too low.....but.....I'll bite

what does "you took a bath on that one" mean please? Thanks

No way are you paying that, If you are, you must be having such good luck i suggest you pop to one of your local racecourses and get a few bets on!!! i am on most of the sites every other day looking a deals and have never seen anything like that. you'll be telling us yorkshire pud should be served as a starter next!

Cruise lines often give discounts for booking B2B and B2B2B can get bigger discounts. Not sure if the OP got these, doesn't sound like it based on how they said they booked, but they might have gotten it cheaper if they booked it through one booking source and asked for the B2B2B discount on top of the other ones. Royal certainly does give these discounts. Enjoy your trip, just confirm that the gratuities are on the booking confirmation.

Teresa

Cruise lines often give discounts for booking B2B and B2B2B can get bigger discounts. Not sure if the OP got these, doesn't sound like it based on how they said they booked, but they might have gotten it cheaper if they booked it through one booking source and asked for the B2B2B discount on top of the other ones. Royal certainly does give these discounts. Enjoy your trip, just confirm that the gratuities are on the booking confirmation.

Teresa

Perhaps it is different for folks booking under European rules, but here in the US, I've never heard of (or received) any discounts for B2B cruises.

Discount for B2B on RCCL.......Ya learn something new every day. Please enlighten us on how much the discount is. They must have just started this. In my 25 years of cruising I've yet to see this on RCCL.....in the "old days", I vaguely remember HAL or Princess having something like that. Now that I think if it, Princess does that sometimes now. If you book B2B on their website, when you add up the 2 cruises by themselves, they can a lot time be more than booking B2B (they're one of the few cruiselines out there that actually let you choose for example.....7 days east......7 days west.....or 14 days at one price) HAL may do that also, but not sure...

So please advise how that works with RCCL.

As for the OP asking about "taking a bath"....it was answered correctly and with the correct intention :D

I'm still am shaking my head about that total cost and what they got

I've never said we got back to back discount ???? We just booked 1 cruise with a UK TA and the other 2 with a US TA.

I've checked my cruise confirmations and gratuities are included on the 13 day transatlantic but not the 3 day Bahamas and 8 day Caribbean.

I did discover something I wasn't aware of though. We have $50 OBC on the 3 day Bahamas and $75 on the 8 day Caribbean. I (probably like you) thought this must be a mistake due to the price we paid - but it isn't. We do have the OBC !!!!!!

Archived