My bloody travel agent - is this expensive !!!!!

I think my b2b2b on Independence is a real bargain but my friend who is a travel agent (with a different company) says I have been ripped off. Any comments gratefully received.

We're on Independence from 22nd November for 23 nights (transatlantic, Bahamas and Caribbean). We sail from Southampton then after 23 days fly direct back to the UK with Virgin from Miami. Whilst its only an inside cabin (and we have the same cabin # on each cruise) it will do us fine.

For the 3 cruises (inc' 13 days of gratuities) and the flight back to the UK we've paid £998 per person ($1516).

What do you think ??????

I think my b2b2b on Independence is a real bargain but my friend who is a travel agent (with a different company) says I have been ripped off. Any comments gratefully received.

We're on Independence from 22nd November for 23 nights (transatlantic, Bahamas and Caribbean). We sail from Southampton then after 23 days fly direct back to the UK with Virgin from Miami. Whilst its only an inside cabin (and we have the same cabin # on each cruise) it will do us fine.

For the 3 cruises (inc' 13 days of gratuities) and the flight back to the UK we've paid £998 per person ($1516).

What do you think ??????

You have a bargain. your mates just pissed off he missed out on a commision. enjoy.

What do you think ??????

Including the flight back? You got a steal. I'd jump on that if I had the chance.

Without looking at the RCI website, I think it looks like a terrific deal for 23 nights plus air and gratuities.

TAs are not allowed to discount RCI cruises, so go on to the website and do a mock booking. Then go to Choiceair.com to see what the flight would cost, add in the gratuities and you'll know whether there's a markup.

Without looking at the RCI website, I think it looks like a terrific deal for 23 nights plus air and gratuities.

TAs are not allowed to discount RCI cruises, so go on to the website and do a mock booking. Then go to Choiceair.com to see what the flight would cost, add in the gratuities and you'll know whether there's a markup.

Although I believe the OP has booked through a US TA in actual fact UK TAs can discount RCCL cruises.

And only if booked through a US TA can they actually book with ChoiceAir.

ChoiceAir is completely different in the UK.

What do you think ??????

I just got on the RCCL website. Cheapest cabin on the Transatlantic is $599, on the 3 night Bahamas it's $249, and on the 8 night Eastern Caribbean it's $709. That's a total of $1557 not including taxes, fees, gratuities, or airfare.

You got a great deal.

Just the one way airfare on VS for the 16th December would currently cost you $1542.70! So you are already "in profit". In reality the deep discount /bucket shop value of the airfare is around $450, so if you take this and 13 nights worth of gratuities ($127) off, you are looking at around $ 940 for 23 nights basic cruising. That is $40 (£25) a night! You would be hard pushed to find any vacation at such good value.

Did you challenge your friend to beat the deal? ;)

Although I believe the OP has booked through a US TA in actual fact UK TAs can discount RCCL cruises.

And only if booked through a US TA can they actually book with ChoiceAir.

ChoiceAir is completely different in the UK.

Live and learn!:). It still looks like a fabulous deal to me.

I'm on the Indy before your transatlantic cruise. 11 nights to the Canaries with an inside cabin is around £850 inc gratuity. With your b2b2b and one way airfare for £1,500 sounds like a good deal to me.

1500 dollars per person, not £'s !

I can't believe how cheap we seem to have got it all for. Thanks for your comments everyone :-)

Is anyone else getting the "its too good to be true" feeling? Seems like something is not right, are you sure the airfare is included? I just looked and the cheapest one-way from Miami to london is $1400 per person.

I was thinking the same thing, prices have gone up considerably for the TA and air. I would double check the booking, but for right now, good booking you are and I hope fortunate.

Did you ask your TA friend to explain why he claims you were ripped off? As most have posted, the price you are paying seems to be quite good and I would want to know why he thinks you could have done better and what you should be paying.:confused:

Archived