Back from the September 19th Breeze sailing

NYRsHOCKEY

Nice pictures, in the dining room do you know if there are any tables for 6 people?

We sat at a table for six, unfortunately they r not round but rectangular, So 3 on one side and 3 on another. Not the best way to communicate with fellow cruisers. We were the couple in the middle seats across from each other and we really felt like the middle ppl :o Was difficult to have a table conversation. Able to either speak with one side or the other. We personally did not like the set up :(

Just my 2 cents ;)

Happy Cruising......

DonndF :D

We sat at a table for six, unfortunately they r not round but rectangular, So 3 on one side and 3 on another. Not the best way to communicate with fellow cruisers. We were the couple in the middle seats across from each other and we really felt like the middle ppl :o Was difficult to have a table conversation. Able to either speak with one side or the other. We personally did not like the set up :(

Just my 2 cents ;)

Happy Cruising......

DonndF :D

Hmmmm... I guess I got lucky? I was seated at a round table of 6 near the windows.

Just to add to the shows, the 4 productions shows were ok. They seemed popular with the guests and were entertaining but I don't think more than two people in the show could sang and even those two...... We sat in the 3rd row for the first show and several of the singers couldn't keep their lips moving to the words on time. Great dancing, sets, lights and backdrops but not much for real singing.

The comedians were all good, we went to all of the adult shows. There were 6 comedians for the 12 days. Only two on the boat at a time. The two in the middle from the UK were interesting. The first comedian Austin Knight was very good. The only reason we came back for his second show was because he told everyone he was going to have all new material the following night. He ended up doing the exact same show. We felt bad but half the audience including ourselves got up and walked out.

Before Austin, Tom Pepper performed. He was hilarious the first night but painful to watch the 2nd night. His 2nd show was new material but he ended the show with 10 minutes of reading a Cinderella story backwards from a children's book. I don't think I have ever seen someone do so well one night and fall completely on his ass the 2nd. He was the only one laughing. Felt bad for him. I love going to the Improv in Vegas and San Diego and all the comedians were solid especially with their first night of material. I would suggest just going to one adult / family show for each set of comedians.

The comedy brunch was a bit awkward. We went once and the guy we saw perform was hilarious in the club but telling jokes to a half full dining room that is trying to eat their eggs benedict isn't the best environment for comedy.

There was a Nat King Cole singer who was really good. He could sing!

Pool games, hairy t-shirt contest was a bit weak.

Piano Bar guy was great!

DJ's in the pool and club were good.

Nightclub was fun and I believe the crew bar stops serving alcohol at 1:30am so that is when the club would really fill up especially on formal nights. It was fun to meet some of the younger officers from Italy. All nice people. I could only imagine the **** that goes on down below. It's probably the "Love Boat" down there!

Guitar player by the pool was excellent although I tend to prefer some steelpans around the pool when I'm on vacation.

Overall the itinerary was why we chose this cruise. I still think Carnival offers great value and my wife and I had an amazing time. Cruising in general has changed a lot in the last 10-20 years just like everything else. People want rock bottom prices so that effects things like entertainment etc. I will continue cruising with Carnival and other cruise lines. I love cruising! :)

Thank you. Yes, about 5200. I know it's crazy.

I can't really say much about the shows. I am not a fan in general of those 'production' type shows. My friend and I watched 2 of them for about 5 minutes but they were not for us, so we got up and left. Most of the people I met said they liked them. There were 4 shows in rotation on the 12 day sailing. We enjoyed the comedy club. They had family shows at 7:45 and 8:45 and then adult comedy at 9:45 and 10:45. There was a juggler one night who was amusing to watch. There were some other shows but we just never made it. After sitting for nearly 2 hours at dinner, we liked to walk around the ship and enjoy the evening.

Thanks for the insight on the shows. I agree for the value of the cruise you can't expect Vegas-type quality. Sounds like the comedy was better than the stage shows.

Great pictures...getting really excited!

Have a question about Venice...besides a night Tapa Pub Crawl...we have not booked anything. I keep thinking I'll book the Vaporetto dell'Arte (HOHO boat tour) but just not sure yet. Anybody have any great ideas?

Thanks for sharing - we leave in 18 days for the Oct 25 Breeze - you just gave me a taste to get me thru these last few days till we leave. I was in Venice 4 years ago - and loved seeing the shots with the flooding - we didn't have any flooding, and it was wonderful to just walk around the square

Great pictures...getting really excited!

Have a question about Venice...besides a night Tapa Pub Crawl...we have not booked anything. I keep thinking I'll book the Vaporetto dell'Arte (HOHO boat tour) but just not sure yet. Anybody have any great ideas?

We purchased a 24 hour Vaporetto pass but didn't "Activate" it until 3 or 4 in the afternoon since we were going to be in Venice for two days. We walked Venice on our own earlier in the day and then we did the Rick Steevs grand canal audio tour while we took the Vaporetto from the train station. It was a great audio tour.

I would suggest anyone cruising through the Mediterranean to purchase the Rick Steevs Mediterranean ports guide. Really worth the money.

The following day we took the Vaporetto out to Murano & Burano. I really liked Burano.

You really are making us relive our cruise. We were also on the Sept 19th cruise. Just love your pictures. Keep posting.

Re: tables seating 6 - we were in the Sapphire dining room and also had a round table for 6 but did see rectangular tables as well.

Also used the Rick Steve's Mediterranean ports book and found it very useful. We tore the pages out as he suggests and found it especially useful in Monaco and Venice.

Archived