rooms over theatre

flooded01

You will hear the bass of every show and practice. Even the unauthorized ones that the crew said did not happen but your fellow passengers say did. Passenger services was no help. when several people were comparing experiences (4 am one night) one staff member setting up for a game overheard and at least the early morning noise stopped.

We paid a GREAT price for the room; had to adjust our sleep habits. But this may not be worth it for some of you.

You will hear the bass of every show and practice. Even the unauthorized ones that the crew said did not happen but your fellow passengers say did. Passenger services was no help. when several people were comparing experiences (4 am one night) one staff member setting up for a game overheard and at least the early morning noise stopped.

We paid a GREAT price for the room; had to adjust our sleep habits. But this may not be worth it for some of you.

I personally would never book a room with high activity above or below me.

Only pick cabins above and below for me. Exception promenade deck below me not close to doors. Hope this is helpful to you.:)

We were on the Island Princess this past June and in cabin E211 which is right above the theater and never had a problem with the noise. Maybe it's because we never returned to our cabin in the evening until after the performances. We were so happy with our cabin choice that we booked another cruise on the sister ship, Coral Princess for 2013. This time we'll be in E209. The Emerald deck location was so convienent to most everything on the ship. Just my point of view!

We had the opportunity to book cabins by the Princess Theater, under and over. We had a family discussion and decided to pass on them. We did have a cabin on the Golden Princess that was over a lounge (it was the Emerald deck so no decks below us except the Piazza), but the music we heard in the evening didn't disturb us at all (piano and singing) and it stopped by 11pm. But bass just booms, and we were also concerned about any cleaning sounds at early hours. That was definitely an issue on my first cruise on a Carnival ship when we were under a dining room and could hear vacuuming around midnight. And we didn't book out that cabin, but were "upgraded" to it.:rolleyes:

Archived