Cruising on Halloween

Shela

Any cruise we have taken over halloween has featured parades and costume parties and holiday-related decorations. Halloween is pretty much celebrated in many regions of the world so the observances should not be limited by where your cruise departs from.

We will be on Jewel of the Seas this Halloween and are looking forward to a festive celebration.

We cruise around Halloween every year (this year Allure). The ship is decorated for Halloween, and they have costume parades for the little ones (and sometimes the adults). There are always adults wearing costumes on Halloween, and they have Halloween-themed events for adults as well. A few years ago the cruise director staff performed Michael Jackson's Thriller in full zombie costumes and make-up.

My kids pack a costume every year, and for kids that don't know about Halloween (or didn't bring a costume), the Adventure Ocean staff improvises costumes if the kids want to participate. Last year Halloween ended up being the day after we got back, but they still did a couple smaller Halloween events the last night of the cruise.

It's a great extra benefit of cruising that week.

We went on Radiance Halloween cruise a couple years ago and I couldn't convince the DH to dress up:mad: but we enjoyed seeing the elaborate cosutmes of others...It was a load of fun. We're going on Allure next week and he agreed to do the prohibition party and we've got our 'gangster' on our costumes are fabulous!!! Can't wait. :rolleyes: The carved pumpkins on display around the ship were awsome.

I've cruised on Halloween twice (Oasis and Allure). They make a big deal out of it-it's very cool. Many (perhaps most) people dress up. There is a big party on the promenade with a costume contest. It really is lots of fun. Many groups coordinate their costumes and it's often pretty clever.

People even decorate the exterior portion of the doorway to enter their cabin. Some even put buckets of candy outside of their room. It's nice to walk down the hall and grab a small snickers bar. Later that night, on the way back, maybe a peppermint patty!

If you are on the fence about dressing up because you fear nobody else will be in costume, it is a non-issue. Note: both cruises left out of Fort Lauderdale, so I'm not sure about international departures.

We cruise around Halloween every year (this year Allure). The ship is decorated for Halloween, and they have costume parades for the little ones (and sometimes the adults). There are always adults wearing costumes on Halloween, and they have Halloween-themed events for adults as well. A few years ago the cruise director staff performed Michael Jackson's Thriller in full zombie costumes and make-up.

My kids pack a costume every year, and for kids that don't know about Halloween (or didn't bring a costume), the Adventure Ocean staff improvises costumes if the kids want to participate. Last year Halloween ended up being the day after we got back, but they still did a couple smaller Halloween events the last night of the cruise.

It's a great extra benefit of cruising that week.

WE will "see" you on that cruise. October 28 out of Ft Lauderdale???

Glad to read all this. We are on the Oasis on the 27th of this month!!! There are 8 of us (4 adults/4 kids) and we are all dressing up as a theme. I am not one to ever dress for Halloween but made an exception as not to be a party pooper. I figured if my in-laws were willing..I needed to lay along.;)

Do people wear the costumes to dinner?

Archived