Deck Chairs?

kmks1

I was on a cruise back in November and saw the coolest thing. It was little notes that you could leave in your poolside chair when you went to lunch so the chair Hawks wouldnt steal your chair. Thing is...I lost the order information...has anyone seen anything like this, please let me know, we are cruising in June....I know this is a longshot but what the heck...thanks in advance...

Yes....I know about reserving the chairs but this was more like a thing you put in your chair when you go to the bathroom or lunch or something. I liked it because I have had shoes and sunglasses stolen from my chair when I used them to hold my seat.

I was on a cruise back in November and saw the coolest thing. It was little notes that you could leave in your poolside chair when you went to lunch so the chair Hawks wouldnt steal your chair. Thing is...I lost the order information...has anyone seen anything like this, please let me know, we are cruising in June....I know this is a longshot but what the heck...thanks in advance...

I believe you are talking about a pool chair lock. One folds up the chair then locks it up with a Bungee cord lock (another use for a bungee cord)

WS innovated a little bungee cord lock

from

http://www.sit-on-topkayaking.com/KayakData/Reviews/Tarpon2.html

No it wasnt a bungee cord lock..it was notes. Thanks though but I dont think I will lug bungee cords around on the ship...:)

Cruise ships should hand you a deck chair as one embarks. Yours to keep while on the cruise. It should also have your name embosed on it. The crew will be more than happy to lug your chair where you want if.

I got this from MyLoL last November and found it filed under my Chair Hogs file folder. However, the form didn't copy over so e-mail me and I'll send it to you. It is 11x8-1/2" size and you can just print it out.

"Instead of laminating the print-out, you could always print off multiple copies and write on the actual 'notice'.... using a new sheet each time you are by the pool... discarding the old ones as you go.

I've attached the actual full size gif (which you could copy and paste into your own document) AND a "word" document with two copies on the page. It's set up for printing out onto a sheet of paper (8.5 x 11"). In the UK (where I live) we use a different size of paper (A4), so I hope this is the right one for you. If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Take care

Laura"

We have the advantage of driving to Port. We take our own beach chairs that fold neatly and go into a thin bag that goes right over the shoulder! We never have to worry about what time we get to the pool or whether we will find a chair! No more trouble than taking them to the beach, which we do all the time. Was so very handy for MUTS during the day!! Never had to miss anything we wanted to see, nor did I ever get angry at the chair hogs! :D

Sorry, but IMHO "getting something to eat" means you should take your towels and all your stuff with you because you're not using those loungers any longer. If you're actually in the pool or just at the bar, that's a different matter...

"Chair hawks"... "stealing" loungers?? You mean if it's unoccupied (except for a towel) for a full hour with nobody in sight and there are absolutely *no* other loungers available?? Then I'm a proud chair hawk, chair hog. :cool:

I agree with the last poster.

There should be no reserving of chairs what so ever, I don't care if you went to lunch or are in the pool for 30 minutes.

I personally would not care if there was a note on a chair saying out to lunch be back soon, the note would quickly find its way in the trash.

There are exceptions to every rule, the simplest solution is to use the buddy system, I go with my wife. If one of us goes to the bar for drinks or a cooling dip in the pool the other holds the chairs. If we both get in the pool, we don't have the right to hold chairs reserved.

You can always say "but but what if". And thats fine, but there are more and more people on cruise ships that are taking the attitude that if theres not a person in the chair within a 10-15 minute time frame that chair is fair game regardless what is piled on it.

Sorry, but IMHO "getting something to eat" means you should take your towels and all your stuff with you because you're not using those loungers any longer.

I actually agree that should be deleted and is contentious. I have, however, nipped (for no more than 5 minutes) to grab a snack from Horizon Court and straight back with a plate in hand and was working on that premise, rather than a leisurely lunch of 30 mins duration (sitting elsewhere).

When sitting on my own I actually prefer to sit on the first tier balcony of the covered pool, indoors - in the shade - under one of the fans. With a good book, away from everyday commitments... it's bliss. :)

ChairHog9.jpg.92772013f164dbb0bc8875032075345c.jpg

I actually agree that should be deleted and is contentious. I have, however, nipped (for no more than 5 minutes) to grab a snack from Horizon Court and straight back with a plate in hand and was working on that premise, rather than a leisurely lunch of 30 mins duration (sitting elsewhere).

Many on this board have no problems with those that reserve pool chairs to go to the bathroom, or go grab a hotdog to bring back with them. It's those that do not plan to come right back (or have no intention of coming right back)...and instead go find another chair to sit in....either in the dining room, buffet or lounge/bars for 30 minutes or longer.

Vic

I agree with the last poster.

There should be no reserving of chairs what so ever, I don't care if you went to lunch or are in the pool for 30 minutes.

I personally would not care if there was a note on a chair saying out to lunch be back soon, the note would quickly find its way in the trash.

Perhaps one might come up with a "chair pan" instead of a "bed pan"? Then they would not lose their chair when someone throws their note away. You surely meant that you do not appreciate the people that crawl out of bed in the very early morning and "save" themselves a wonderful lounger by the pool and are there maybe not even half the day, going and doing a number of other things. Would you really throw someone's note in the trash that ran to get snacks or took a "potty" break?

Just asking the question, I take my own chair.

Barbara :D

If you throw something on a lounge chair and leave for an indefinite amount of time, you're a chair hog. If you're going into the pool or hot tub for half hour or less, it would be nice to have a chair to leave your towel on and came back to. If you're going in for a sitdown lunch and leave item on chair to reserve, you're a chair hog. If you're going to grab a pizza slice or a hot dog and coming back to eat it on your lounge chair, then that's okay. IMO.;)

If someone bugs you about taking over their "chair" when they haven't been seen for 30 minutes or more, go ahead and tell them that they are being inconsiderate.

Archived