First Time Cruise Island P - cabin question

sunsail

We had D525 on our Hawaiian Cruise in January on the Island. It was very nice. We enjoyed the location. The open balcony did not bother us at all. We only saw the lady above us one time.

If you have specific questions, just ask! Had a great cruise!

Hi just scanning the boards and i saw your reply about Island Princess... I cant seem to get replies about info on this cruise...this is our first cruise..our 25 anniversary we are booked Dolphin # 408 minisuite/balcony...Is this a good cabin?....how were the seas on this cruise Jan 6,2006 15 days LA-Hawaii? were you nervous about motion sickness...I hear so much..its kinda got me worried...perhaps I will bring a pharmacy with me...lets see so far in my kit i have ready Gravol,bonimine,sea bands,ginger tablets I just want to have a fantastic time and not be bothered by it...I have no problems in cars or planes...thanks any info would be great

The weather for the first two days out of LA were cold and windy. Needed long pants and a jacket. Same thing for the last two days when returning to LA.

The seas were not crystal clear, but we made it fine. Not one of the eight at our dinner table were bothered by the rough sea.

It was VERY RELAXING cruise. The weather in Hawaii was wonderful. No rain--just sunny skies!

Have a GREAT trip!

• 2 weeks later...

As I am also sailing the same ship/itinerary I asked the same question about the lounge chairs, here's what I was told: Balcony on Dolphin deck mini is 9x9 ft, more than ample for 2 chairs!

36_1_68.gif 36_1_68.gif

Happy Cruising!:)

Was the balcony large enough for 2 reclining chairs?

Whether you're sailing in January or April, the first two days out of LA and the last two days can be cooler and the seas choppier. As you approach Hawaii, it gets warmer.

If you don't get motion sickness on a car or plane, chances are that you won't get seasick.

One thing to note if you're planning on using the internet, you'll have at least two days on each leg where there won't be satellite coverage. (The satellite doesn't cover all of the Pacific Ocean, quite understandably.)

I loved this itinerary: very relaxing but with plenty to do.

Reading other message on board it sounds like it can be too hot with an open balacony and too windy to sit on the balcony to have breakfast when sailing? What did you think?

We had D525 on our Hawaiian Cruise in January on the Island. It was very nice. We enjoyed the location. The open balcony did not bother us at all. We only saw the lady above us one time.

If you have specific questions, just ask! Had a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Sunsail just read your post....did i read it right...you are going for your 25th wedding anniversary?? so are we my hubby booked this for us as well ours is Dec 27.....hope to hear from you.... small world eh? if you havent guessed with the eh reply we are Canadians from Niagara Falls Ontario

• 3 weeks later...
Sunsail just read your post....did i read it right...you are going for your 25th wedding anniversary?? so are we my hubby booked this for us as well ours is Dec 27.....hope to hear from you.... small world eh? if you havent guessed with the eh reply we are Canadians from Niagara Falls Ontario

Our 25th anniversary is Jan. 9, our third day on the cruise. We are thinking about doing the "renewal of vows" package that Princess offers. We are from Tucson, Arizona, and it's been 110 here today. We're very excited about the cruise and can't wait.

We are also on this cruise, celebrating my husband's birthday on Jan. 9. I was thinking about doing the Ultimate Balcony dinner for him, but am wondering if it will be too windy. This will be our second Hawaii cruise, can't wait!

Archived