carry on sodas?

IamaTexasCruiser

If they don't then that's new, that was their policy. Maybe that changed with other changes they made. Or that was your lucky day

Not new, Always take to cabin and steward keeps it on ice. Last week we kept him busy, 3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of hard stuff from Bon Voyage. Needed 2 big ice buckets.

You can bring wine on yes, but it will be kept in the dinning room kitchen, and will be served at dinner at your request

The wine is not taken from you on boarding and you can take it to your room to do with as you want. If you bring your carry-on wine to the Dining Room you MAY be charged the Corking charge. ken

Not new, Always take to cabin and steward keeps it on ice. Last week we kept him busy, 3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of hard stuff from Bon Voyage. Needed 2 big ice buckets.

Lol, ok it's not new. But buying from Bon Voyage is different, your buying from Carnival, and paying 5 times the amount you can get it for at a liquor store

We took wine aboard just last week on the Inspiration and drank it in our room. In fact we had a cooler with 2-6 packs of soda and a bottle of wine and she asked who does this belong to, and I said me and she looked and shook the bottles of soda and waved me on. It was nice to be able to enjoy a glass of wine in our room. In fact I filled up the wine glasses and walked around with them on board and no one questioned us..

Ok, when I said " new " policy I wasn't talking last week to this week. But if I'm wrong, and that never was their policy, my bad. But my first cruise was 15 years ago, so in 15 years, it might have changed once. And yes you can carry your alcohol around with you, no questions asked, they just ask you don't carry the bottle around, so I carried a flask.

You can bring wine on yes, but it will be kept in the dinning room kitchen, and will be served at dinner at your request

they do not keep your wine. Imagine how many bottles they would have in the kitchen for all the people that bring it on..that has never been the case.

On our October 2011 cruise on Carnival Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale my husband and I brought on 2 12pack cans of soda and 2 bottles of sparkling wine. The security into the port had us open it. They were more concerned with the 12 pack cans of soda in their cardboard from the factory box...wierd....than the wine.

At no time was our wine taken from us and given to the kitchen. We drank it in our room on our balcony. One on sail away and the other on the first formal night.

Not sure how others are getting it taken from them and given to the kitchen staff for dinner.

On our October 2011 cruise on Carnival Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale my husband and I brought on 2 12pack cans of soda and 2 bottles of sparkling wine. The security into the port had us open it. They were more concerned with the 12 pack cans of soda in their cardboard from the factory box...wierd....than the wine.

The reason they had you open it is because people have been known to open up the carton replace the soda with beer and then reseal the carton with hot glue~ They are on to most of the smuggling tricks~;)

not beer tho, huh?

When getting back on board after visiting Cabo last September, we came back on board with a six pack of Corona cans and nothing was said to us. Threw them in our collapsible cooler that was our in our cabin with the Coke Zeros that had been chilling and all was good, especially after I snagged some limes..

When getting back on board after visiting Cabo last September, we came back on board with a six pack of Corona cans and nothing was said to us. Threw them in our collapsible cooler that was our in our cabin with the Coke Zeros that had been chilling and all was good, especially after I snagged some limes..

While the rules are in place for any port you are at, they seem to be more interested/diligent at the port of embarkation.

You are ALLOWED a bottle of wine each to carry-on at Embarkation. This is NOT new.

Do YOU know Carnivals policy since the day the started the company? If not don't say what you don't know. And how about we get off the wine policy and back to the OP question. I could really care less

Archived