Alaska Misc.

cms204

A couple of Alaska cruise questions. I've been on Celebrity, but never to Alaska.

• Do they do anything different with the menu/drink menus versus warmer climate cruises? I imagine they don't sell frozen drinks by the pool, so would they sell hot alcoholic drinks?
  • Departure for Vancouver r/t is listed for 4:30. Any idea when all aboard would be? We will probably be flying in that morning.
  • I understand the normal celebrity dress code. Is it different for an Alaska cruise?
  • On the century, is the sushi bar included, or is it an upcharge?

Thanks.

The menu should be the same. Whether the pool bar is open will depend on the day's weather. You may be able to find some hot alcoholic drinks on board, again, depending on the day's weather.

The last moment for boarding is 90 minutes prior to sailaway, but don't cut it that close.

The dress code remains the same as other itineraries.

Can't answer about the sushi bar, but others will chime in, I'm sure. If not, try starting a new thread with something like "Sushi on Century question"

A couple of Alaska cruise questions. I've been on Celebrity, but never to Alaska.

• Do they do anything different with the menu/drink menus versus warmer climate cruises? I imagine they don't sell frozen drinks by the pool, so would they sell hot alcoholic drinks? Different drinks are sold but many are the same
  • Departure for Vancouver r/t is listed for 4:30. Any idea when all aboard would be? We will probably be flying in that morning. Boarding time is usually no later than 3PM . Muster drill is held at 4PM
  • I understand the normal celebrity dress code. Is it different for an Alaska cruise? Dress code is the same.
  • On the century, is the sushi bar included, or is it an upcharge?

Thanks.

What you'll find different , that is what people wear during the day.

We were on the Millennium, the first week of September out of Steward. When we would get on the ship, from being in port they offered hot chocolate with the water.

Also when we were seeing Hubbard Glacier they were coming around selling hot chocolate with, I think Baileys. We didn't have any. But the coffee bar offered alcoholic coffees. If the weather is good and the pool bar is open, I am sure they will make frozen drinks. There was lots of Alaskan beer. I don't know if they make hot alcoholic drinks by the pool, didn't ask. You can always ask.

The dress code is the same.

The menu had nothing that stood out. At the breakfast buffet , in the MDR, you could get crab.

I don't know about Century's sushi bar, on the Millennium, there was not a charge.

We had a great cruise, Loved Alaska.

Archived