Central N.J. transportation to NYC Pier?

I don't have a good driver for you but we found it more economical, very easy, and totally safe, to drive to the Port Imperial Ferry Terminal in Weehawken NJ and Park there and ferry across. It is about a 10-15 minute walk after the ferry drops you off but I believe they have a bus that will also transport you or of course a NYC taxi is easy, We walked and found it easy.

I live in central nj as well. I was looking at groundlink that Is on ncl site. But personally, i am not to keen on their reviews. Im leaving in two weeks and would prefer taxi & train. You can even reserve a taxi that will accommodate to you at yellowcabnyc.com

Browntown Bus in Old Bridge is very good, but they have 10-passenger vans only, so it's less expensive if you get a group together. We will be using Express Limo (getting an SUV) for the 4 of us. They were reasonable, but I can't say how good they are because I've never used them before. I posted asking about them and one person told me he knows someone who uses them to the airport regularly and was very happy with them.

When we want to use a limo service we use Concorde, 732-577-0023, http://www.concordelimo.com/ . Exceptional service...but pricey.

As others have mentioned, if you want to use mass transit, there are NJ Transit trains to New York Penn Station and NJ Transit buses to Port Authority Bus Terminal...each a short taxi ride to the the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. NJ Transit buses are not very luggage-friendly however.

Edited by njhorseman

I don't have a good driver for you but we found it more economical, very easy, and totally safe, to drive to the Port Imperial Ferry Terminal in Weehawken NJ and Park there and ferry across. It is about a 10-15 minute walk after the ferry drops you off but I believe they have a bus that will also transport you or of course a NYC taxi is easy, We walked and found it easy.

I agree. I believe that parking there is $10/day, but you would need to check since it has been a couple of years since I left from NYC.

Edited by DEL67

We have found it to be more economical to just drive and park, and that way we could make our own schedule both ways - important when we are finishing last minute packing, etc. On occasion we have paid one of our friends to drive us each way in our own car, usually pay them $100 each way plus tolls on our easypass, much cheaper than a limo.. You could always try calling a local travel agent - when I was a TA, we had a local guy who worked with us and he was much cheaper than the big-name car services..

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Need reasonable, reliable transportation (van or limo) to get from Central N.J. to NYC Pier...A while back someone on C.C. gave me a great limo guy but he has moved out of State. Anyone??

I always use limos dot com for airport car service, etc. They will take you anywhere though, and you get a choice of vendors.

When we want to use a limo service we use Concorde, 732-577-0023, http://www.concordelimo.com/ . Exceptional service...but pricey.

As others have mentioned, if you want to use mass transit, there are NJ Transit trains to New York Penn Station and NJ Transit buses to Port Authority Bus Terminal...each a short taxi ride to the the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. NJ Transit buses are not very luggage-friendly however.

NJ Transit buses are VERY luggage-friendly. The bus driver will get out and open the storage area underneath the bus and will assist you with your luggage if needed.

• Like 1

Hi folks, I was asking for vans or limos only. We are not interested in taking a bus or parking at the pier (thanks for your suggestions though). I am looking to be picked up at home and dropped off right in front. Thank you to the members who gave me the info and I will look into those. Concorde is way out with their pricing..Unfortunately my guy moved and the one he suggested did not even return the inquiry call..thanks :)

I've taken a car service from Middletown, NJ, as well as taken the ferry to midtown Manhattan and taken the train to a taxi. The ferry is by far my favorite route, second being the train. We found it a very easy walk to the cruise terminal from the ferry.

Hi guys...I am still waiting for limo and van options...thanks!

It might be helpful to be a bit more specific than "Central NJ", which can mean different things to different people. You don't have to name the town you live in, but the county would help. You could also look in the Yellow Pages and call some of the listed limousine services, get their prices and then ask here if anyone has experience with the particular companies.

I agree ..

When you say Central NJ you must define it better..I am in central NJ in Mercer county..but you could be in ocean or middlesex and that is also central....or even burlington...

soooo....a more specific location is more help (as a rule, though I see that many have given their locations...)...and unless you're from a town close by..i am going to google it if i do not have a specific recommendation......

that's how i found 95% of the operators that i suggest...the other 5% have been mentioned by others......

you're looking at $100 at a minimum I would say to get to the pier from central Jersey....

We usually take NJ Transit to NY Penn and a taxi.

A car service is $200+ from central Jersey each way. If you still want suggestions, I have a couple companies I've used.

NJ Transit to a cab is the quickest and cheapest way.

Took train from Woodbridge to NYC was $10 per person

and then the cab was $10 for two people.