Hotel urbano Miami

mugwood

Can anyone comment on the urbano in Miami, looking at it for a post cruise stop over. Is it in a reasonable location? Ie:

Safe for a night time drink / meal?

close enough for a cab to south beach?

Reasonably close to airport?

grateful for any help.

Hello!

Hotel Urbano is just outside the downtown core in a pleasant residential area known as Brickell. The area is very safe.

It has a smallish pool, but is very nice and they offer free cabanas to chill out in with television/DirectTV.

A taxi from here to Miami Beach is about $30 each way. From this area, we often take public transportation to South Beach and taxi back.

You can get to everywhere in downtown from this hotel via the free Miami Trolley (Monday to Saturday)...Or the B bus ($2.00) the stops are right in front of the hotel.

Urbano also features an art show that changes each season.

If you like to walk, you can get to a beach nearby (Key Biscayne) and its also a pleasant walk to Vizcaya.

Taxi back to the airport is $30-$35 and is about 20 minutes most of the time.

Is this a better option than the intercontinental in Chopin?

Better is a subjective term. The Intercontinental is much more centrally located than the Urbano. It is also larger and offers more amenities. Urbano is much smaller, quieter.

To put it a different way: the IC is more of a business hotel. The Urbano is a boutique hotel.

So I'm not sure what kind of experience you were looking for.

• 5 months later...
Are there restaurants in walking distance?

A place to buy bottled water/soda to carry on board?

There are about 1 mile or so away. It's a very pleasant walk along Brickell Ave.

The free trolley also stops at your hotel I believe so you could jump on that and take it to plenty of restaurants. The Mary Brickell Village area would be a good stop.

There is also a Publix grocery store at Mary Brickell so you can grab water and soda there to bring back with you.

thank you for this info! we won this hotel with a Priceline bid... it was a bit further out than what we were hoping for, but it looks like a nice hotel for 1 night...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Archived