Price drop

amillard222

Can anyone one who knows tell me how they are told to do price drops?

Here is my problem, last week the price of my cruise dropped so I called Carnival to get the reduction. The lady I talked to told me I had to fill out the online form and send it in (said they couldnt do it over the phone). So I called my PVP and ask her and she said the same thing. I thought that was weird because all of my other cruises I was able to just call in and they would change it right away. (I am not early saver and I am not past the final payment) So when I got home I sent in the form online and it came back denied because "passenger is not booked with early saver rate". I thought it may have been denied also because by the time I got home the rate had already went back up. So I called the PVP agian and she said sorry there is nothing she can do. Well today the price of my cruise went down by $30 per person. I filled out the form before the price changed, sent it in and then called Carnival back. The first lady said she couldnt do it that the promotion people had to do it because I used a future vacation voucher. Any way she transfered me to promotions who transfered me back to guest services and she was finally able to get my reduction for me. She told me that the lady I talked to last week was very wrong and that I should not have submitted the online form that it was only for early saver folks, so now I am wondering why the first lady plus my PVP were thinking that I had to submit the form. Sorry this is so long but I am just wondering what everyone else is told to do when you are not early saver. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

The form is only for early saver .. surprised your PVP is that inadequate. I have a great PVP and I would suggest getting someone who is helpfull.

Only Early Saver gets price drops after final payment. Are you before or after final payment?

PS I orginally had a ding bat for a PVP, sweet but stupid .. never answered emails. Cost me money 3 times .. I got rid of her the last time when she said couldnt combine a promo OBC with stock OBC and I lost out. So I got recommendations of good PVPs and dumped the sweet voice but dumb PVP and got one with a great phone voice but smart.

The form is only for early saver .. surprised your PVP is that inadequate. I have a great PVP and I would suggest getting someone who is helpfull.

Only Early Saver gets price drops after final payment. Are you before or after final payment?

PS I orginally had a ding bat for a PVP, sweet but stupid .. never answered emails. Cost me money 3 times .. I got rid of her the last time when she said couldnt combine a promo OBC with stock OBC and I lost out. So I got recommendations of good PVPs and dumped the sweet voice but dumb PVP and got one with a great phone voice but smart.

Thanks, I was kind of suprised that she told me that too, since on my last cruise I would just call if I got a price drop, but I figured that maybe the rules change or something. I think I will change my PVP, she is ok but nothing really special, on my first and second cruise she was pretty good. But lately when I talk to her she just seems stressed and a little rude. The day after I booked my cruise she called and asked me when I was going to book my next cruise.....she had already forgotten that she had just booked me one the day before:rolleyes:

so are you saying if there is a price drop they will make the adjustment? My PVP told me that only if I was on the early saver - otherwise, they would see if I could upgraded based on the price drop.

If you are not booked Early Saver and you are before the final payment date, you can get price drops. You cannot get the Early Saver price unless you switch over to it, and then you are under those restrictions. But you can get any other lower price that you find that you are eligible for. Since you are able to cancel for a full refund before final payment with the other rates, they have to allow you to match. Otherwise, you could just cancel & rebook. You must call & request the lower price. It won't be automatic. I'm surprised that the Carnival workers that the OP talked to didn't know this. Then again, I'm not surprised.:rolleyes:

OP stated in original post they are not past final payment:)

Bill

A few years ago i decided to go from a TA to a PVP. I booked a cruise thru the pvp..had his number and ex.number as well. A month or so after i needed some info so i called the number and ex. and he was gone. No one there even seemed to know anyone by that name. So now i just call and speak with anyone and have no problems at all. I have called four times since booking our last cruise, spoke with a different person each time and got price drops with no problems.

Archived