Utter and complete torture

jacpan

One week in Miami, 2 week cruise (first time) and then 2 months in Cuba and it's SO close, but still so far. This waiting is absolute torture, I honestly think I may drive myself crazy before I go. I just laid out and tried on all my clothes and it is still so far away. I've never been one to obsess about things, but this trip has changed that.

I AM GOING TO BE SO MAD IF THE WORLD ENDS ON DEC 21ST!!!!!!! :D

How do you frequent cruisers bide your time? I've done a lot of traveling, but it's usually more on a whim. I've never planned for months and months and months like this. I can't tell if the excitement leading up is a good feeling or a bad feeling. :p

One week in Miami, 2 week cruise (first time) and then 2 months in Cuba and it's SO close, but still so far. This waiting is absolute torture, I honestly think I may drive myself crazy before I go. I just laid out and tried on all my clothes and it is still so far away. I've never been one to obsess about things, but this trip has changed that.

How do you frequent cruisers bide your time? I've done a lot of traveling, but it's usually more on a whim. I've never planned for months and months and months like this. I can't tell if the excitement leading up is a good feeling or a bad feeling. :p

All will be well if you head to Hallmark and purchase a new Mayan Calendar.

Waiting for a cruise is like waiting for Christmas as a kid....but the anticipation is what really makes it exciting. I love that feeling in the pitt of my stomach and can't wait to catch some unfortunate soul while I'm out and about and tell them how excited I am about going.

My next cruise is in March and I'm already giddy. I've found after years and years of living that there just isn't anything as stomach twisting as anticipation excitement...but that excitement makes waking up each morning and crossing off another day exhilarating. It's something that helps keep me young and interested in life.

I read as much as I can on here including ports of call because I don't want to miss anything. People have good ideas on what/what not to pack to make your life a little easier. I also check for price-drops every day (even twice) so maybe I can get an upgrade or OBC. I've even gone as far as cruiselinerooms dot come to see what my cabin will look like, and other areas of the ship! I feel like I have OCD! LOL..... :D

Are you from the US and if so did you get a Visa for Cuba. I have a Visa request in and was wondering how long it took for you to get a Visa. My son works for the State dept and lives in Cuba. We are hoping to visit him.

Wow a B-2-B for your first cruise! You are ruined for life. Its hard to go back to a single once you've experienced a B-2-B. We will be right behind on the Valor for our B-2-B boarding January 27th. Congrats and enjoy the anticipation. Its all part of the fun. Actually its the part of the fun that lasts the longest. The actual cruise itself is over in a heartbeat. I really try to make the planning and preparation as exciting as possible. We travel in a family group of usually 10-15. We meet once a month and go over the plans and such. Everyone is assigned a task and they present it at the meeting. Sometimes we do power point presentaions on the ports and our plans for excursions. We always eat well and give out little gifts such as lanyards, travel sized prodducts etc. And of course we design matching cruise shirts. We are corny as can be, but we have alot of fun! Hope you have an awesome first cruise!

Are you from the US and if so did you get a Visa for Cuba. I have a Visa request in and was wondering how long it took for you to get a Visa. My son works for the State dept and lives in Cuba. We are hoping to visit him.

My husband is originally from Havana and so we are going to see his mom and are going on the general family visa. I don't imagine it would take too long for you. When are you planning on going? Will you be in Havana or Guantanamo? This will be my first time there and my husband hasn't been back to see his mother for over 5 years and so we are both so very excited for this!!!

Wow a B-2-B for your first cruise! You are ruined for life. Its hard to go back to a single once you've experienced a B-2-B. We will be right behind on the Valor for our B-2-B boarding January 27th. Congrats and enjoy the anticipation. Its all part of the fun. Actually its the part of the fun that lasts the longest. The actual cruise itself is over in a heartbeat. I really try to make the planning and preparation as exciting as possible. We travel in a family group of usually 10-15. We meet once a month and go over the plans and such. Everyone is assigned a task and they present it at the meeting. Sometimes we do power point presentaions on the ports and our plans for excursions. We always eat well and give out little gifts such as lanyards, travel sized prodducts etc. And of course we design matching cruise shirts. We are corny as can be, but we have alot of fun! Hope you have an awesome first cruise!

I would love it if my family would come. Thanks, you have a great cruise, too! Sorry I'm posting multiple times, I'm on a tablet and can't seem to muti quote on it.

I read as much as I can on here including ports of call because I don't want to miss anything. People have good ideas on what/what not to pack to make your life a little easier. I also check for price-drops every day (even twice) so maybe I can get an upgrade or OBC. I've even gone as far as cruiselinerooms dot come to see what my cabin will look like, and other areas of the ship! I feel like I have OCD! LOL..... :D

Me too! Since we are taking such a long vacation, we opted for interior. I hope we're ok with that, but we are doing a lot of excursions. I think we'll be OK. My husband has been working 65 hour weeks for the past couple years with no time off. I am pretty sure we would be good with just about anything! :

And just so I don't post another one, what the previous posters said...yes, this is what I remember waiting for Santa to come felt like. ONLY MAGNIFIED! :p

OOH, so exciting! Nice schedule. The trick is to alternately get busy with life and forget about it. Then, have bursts of WOW 2 weeks have passed, look at my countdown clock now! Then forget about it again.. only way I can survive.. lol

Wish I could help more, but I'm busy getting ready for my 4 cruises coming up in Dec and Jan.. :D I only had two scheduled until yesterday when I burst a bubble and decided they both needed to be B2Bs.. lol Carnival take me away!!!!!

As you can see, your not alone in the insanity.. Please post photos on your return, I would love to go to Cuba someday.

OOH, so exciting! Nice schedule. The trick is to alternately get busy with life and forget about it. Then, have bursts of WOW 2 weeks have passed, look at my countdown clock now! Then forget about it again.. only way I can survive.. lol

Wish I could help more, but I'm busy getting ready for my 4 cruises coming up in Dec and Jan.. :D I only had two scheduled until yesterday when I burst a bubble and decided they both needed to be B2Bs.. lol Carnival take me away!!!!!

As you can see, your not alone in the insanity.. Please post photos on your return, I would love to go to Cuba someday.

That sounds amazing! I will post photos and a review. Have fun!!!!!!! :D

My husband is originally from Havana and so we are going to see his mom and are going on the general family visa. I don't imagine it would take too long for you. When are you planning on going? Will you be in Havana or Guantanamo? This will be my first time there and my husband hasn't been back to see his mother for over 5 years and so we are both so very excited for this!!!

Havana. He lives in a nice house there.

Archived