Carnival Pride in Oct

Jennifer128

Going on our first cruise in Oct to Mexican Riviera... I know it is hurricain season and I was wondering if anyone could give us any feedback as to what to expect. I've done some research, but would like to hear from actual travelers. Thank you.

The Eastern Pacific is not nearly as susceptible to hurricanes as the Western Atlantic. Hurricanes TEND to start on the eastern sides of oceans and work themselves across to the western edge (Canes TEND to work their way across the Pacific to the western shores where they are known as typhoons - Caribbean hurricanes in the Atlantic frequently start forming off the western coast of Africa and work themselves across to the western shores of the Atlantic).

Having said that the Mexican Riviera gets a hurricane now and then, but not nearly something to be as concerned about as the Caribbean cruiser. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Wennfred,she is going on October 2, but I will be on your cruise on the 23rd... It seems a long way off but it will go by fast...how was the earthquake this morning in San

Diego?

Jan

Freakin Earthquake shook me out of bed at 8:41am this morning, everything seems ok in the San Diego area. Thanks for asking.

No Cabin yet, we are booked 1a guarntee. wish me luck lol

As far as it being a long ways away, We just need to get past this Summer and October will come fast.

The storms in the Eastern Pacific off Cabo are at their worst around July or August. After giving Mexico their "best," they meander up the Sea of Cortez and hit Arizona, Nevada and the "desert" areas of SoCal and cause muggy, cloudy weather for a few days over LA. (Yea, I know, LA is also desert, but it's costal desert.)

Anyone remember a few summers back that it rained so hard in Vegas that the shops at Caesar's Palace were flooded out? That was the remains of the kind of tropical storm that Pride tries (and succeeds) to give wide berth.

By October it's long gone.

But note this summer that when you see rain and flooding forecast for Tucson or Vegas, it means there was a storm off Baja and that the cruise ships dodged it.

Archived