Emeral Dry Dock?

LynnMW3

Does anyone know when/if the Emerald is scheduled for dry dock, and what will be done? We're booked for April of next year, and are wondering if we will be cruising before or after any refurbishing...

Thanks!

My understanding is that she is going in on December 7th, for 10 days. But I don't know what they are doing.

We are on the November 27th cruise, some of the othe passengers seem concerned with being on board right before.

My understanding is that she is going in on December 7th, for 10 days. But I don't know what they are doing.

We are on the November 27th cruise, some of the othe passengers seem concerned with being on board right before.

With only ten days allocated, I doubt there will be any significant modifications to the ship.

The usual main purpose of a drydock is to do maintenance on the hull part which normally is under water. Also to work on mechanical equipent and possibly update electronics.

With only ten days allocated, I doubt there will be any significant modifications to the ship.

The usual main purpose of a drydock is to do maintenance on the hull part which normally is under water. Also to work on mechanical equipent and possibly update electronics.

Princess ships go in for dry dock maintenance every 2-3 years. Kind of like taking your car in for a tune-up.

If you look closely at a ship that hasn't been in drydock for a while, you'll see scrapes and marine life growing on the hill. This is scraped off and the hull repainted during drydock with Teflon-like paint which improves speed and efficiency as the ship moves through the water better when it's smooth.

We're just off a lovely 10 days on Emerald. Several told us that dry dock won't involve anything serious, just cosmetics - new carpet and upholstery where necessary etc. Emerald is looking a little weary and will certainly benefit from a freshening up! One staff member also told us they'd have opportunity to do some cleaning in areas they seldom get to. (Didn't ask for specifics on that comment!!)

How about the mattress? Have they gotten new ones? I'm on the 12/17 cruise the first after it comes out of dry dock. Thanks for your post about the new menu.

Lindy, I didn't hear about the mattresses. I always, always pre-request an egg crate topper, which seems to cover a multitude of evils!

Archived