ICE Cream... : ) Smoking... : )

sassy~one

There is always a 'no sugar added' ice cream choice and sometimes more than one.

Be sure to make it cleear to the crew member working the ice cream station you need sugar free. Sometimes, the language barrier gets in the way.

Snarky.

Speaking of smoking.... Is there a proper way to address if it does become such a problem on a veranda that it adversely effects enjoyment of your own cruise? I'm pretty tolerant, but some have taken it to an extreme at times. Thanks.

I really don't think it can be addressed, since Psgrs are not permitted to smoke in cabins but can smoke on lanai's..

We'll have a Verandah for the first time next month & I sincerely hope that we don't have heavy smokers next to us which could impact our use of our Verandah..:eek: It might be nice to have coffee out on the Verandah before breakfast or a late night snack before heading to bed..

After we were married, DH had to put up with my smoking for about a year before I finally stopped.. When we moved to Fla, I joined a bowling team & the alley was very smoky! :( Had to take all my clothes off when I got home & hang them out on our lanai overnight before even putting them in the laundry..Then would immediately hop into the shower & wash my hair as both DH & I could no longer stand the smell of the stale smoke..:eek:

Please wish us luck on our first verandah..:)

Cheers...:)Betty

I really don't think it can be addressed, since Psgrs are not permitted to smoke in cabins but can smoke on lanai's..

We'll have a Verandah for the first time next month & I sincerely hope that we don't have heavy smokers next to us which could impact our use of our Verandah..:eek: It might be nice to have coffee out on the Verandah before breakfast or a late night snack before heading to bed..

After we were married, DH had to put up with my smoking for about a year before I finally stopped.. When we moved to Fla, I joined a bowling team & the alley was very smoky! :( Had to take all my clothes off when I got home & hang them out on our lanai overnight before even putting them in the laundry..Then would immediately hop into the shower & wash my hair as both DH & I could no longer stand the smell of the stale smoke..:eek:

Please wish us luck on our first verandah..:)

Cheers...:)Betty

Good luck to you.... And me! :D

From the Urban dictionary.

snarky

Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse. Origin: Snark="snide remark".

PERFECT....lol

Be sure to make it cleear to the crew member working the ice cream station you need sugar free. Sometimes, the language barrier gets in the way.

I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to be understood that I 'needed' sugar free. I just prefer it ..... any saving on any calories are a good thing. :) Or maybe I've misunderstood your message. :o

Good point about specifying about wanting sugar free......

It usually is clear what you mean as the sugar free flavor normally is not repeated the same day with a full sugar of the same flavor. I think they probably do that to help avoid that possible confusion.

If they are offering sugar free coffee, they likely would not offer coffee full sugar the same time.

Do they ever have sugar-free?

There is not only sugar free ice cream at the" ice cream stand", but it is available with any dessert in the MDR, cake, crisps, pies, etc, just ask for sugar free vanilla with the dessert. they always have the vanilla at dinner.

also when ordering a Latte' or cuppacino at the" latte' stand', ask for sugar free flavors if you need it. (there is a charge for these), ask for a cuppacino after dinner in the MDR, (free) and use one of their sugar substitutes., If you haven't tried any of their no sugar added desserts.... YOU SHOULD... who would know??? they are delicious!!!

some one asked about smoking in the Crows nest on Ryndam - allowed - unfortuneatly. Kept us out of there most of the time. This was in June 2012 .. hope it has changed. Wish the Crows Nest was smoke free on the Rotterdam. Why some and not others ...

Archived